Gypsy rush help

coolkid11776
#1Gypsy rush help
Posted: 12/1/08 at 8:55pm

Hi,
I know that rush seats for Gypsy are $27 each
I found a discount for $27 seats, I figured I'd let everyone know so if they wanted they could just buy the tickets with the discount instead of having to rush.

SAVE UP TO 50% NOW - JAN. 4 ONLY.
Tue.-Sat. at 8 • Matinees Wed. & Sat. at 2, Sun. at 3
$59.50
Orchestra & Mezzanine
(reg. $117) $27
Balcony
(reg. $52)

To get these specially priced tickets:
Call 212-947-8844 or visit BroadwayOffers.com and use code: GYPBE59 or bring this offer to the box office.
St. James Theatre, 246 W. 44th Street.

Hope this helps
I found it on Playbill.com

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

RoxieRose3 Profile Photo
RoxieRose3
#2re: Gypsy rush help
Posted: 12/1/08 at 9:16pm

Don't say that you "found" it, if it's from a regular discount site.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#2re: Gypsy rush help
Posted: 12/1/08 at 9:24pm

^ They still technically 'found' it, that is, they discovered it for themselves. That is probably the most pedantic and unnecessary correction on a forum I've ever read.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#3re: Gypsy rush help
Posted: 12/1/08 at 9:25pm

^ Excellent point. For coolkid to find something on his own is good.

However, as a rule the rush seats aren't in the balcony. Hence the difference.

Thanks though.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#4re: Gypsy rush help
Posted: 12/1/08 at 9:49pm

although $59.50 is good for front mezz seats. I must say that those were probably the best seats I've had for Gypsy.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Videos