Audtions Not In NYC

thejoeyOshow
#1Audtions Not In NYC
Posted: 12/3/08 at 8:49pm

Hey BWW-So sometimes I like to look at the job posting on Playbill and I've started to notice that more and more shows are auditioning outside of NYC. For instance TLK looked in DC and Atlanta and In The Heights just posted for Miami.

Why do they do this? Not finding what they want in the city or just to get a better option?

Anyone know of anyone that got hired from a "not NYC" audition.

www.youtube.com/thejoeyoshow

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#2re: Audtions Not In NYC
Posted: 12/3/08 at 9:42pm

DC and Atlanta have a large African AMerican population and Miami has a large latin population? Just a guess.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2re: Audtions Not In NYC
Posted: 12/3/08 at 9:48pm

Spring Awakening did nat'l searches for both replacements as well as the tour. (Although I'm guessing that had more to do with the desired age pool.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Sleeper2 Profile Photo
Sleeper2
#3re: Audtions Not In NYC
Posted: 12/4/08 at 5:32am

There was a story in Playbill, I think, about how Loretta Ables Sayre was discovered in an audition in Honolulu. Joe Langworth was casting the show, took a vacation in Hawaii, and decided to hold a day of auditions there. The result was a Broadway debut for a 50 year old and a Tony nominated performance. Yay for out of town auditions!

Videos