News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sleeper2

Sleeper2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Sleeper2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Paulo Szot @54Below
 Aug 10 2013, 08:33:26 PM
I saw him at the Carlyle, then again at Below 54 on Monday. His voice is amazing but he is now much more relaxed than when he was at he Carlyle. It makes this cabaret experience much richer. He seems to have taken on a new creative team. The musical director was off the hook and looked to be about 15 years old. Insane talent. And his new director, Joe Langworth, did South Pacific with him. I remember Joe used to work at Telsey and was always a mensch when I went there. I can't remem
Scott, Esparza, Orfeh perform holiday concert tonight
 Dec 12 2011, 07:53:09 AM
Mary-Mitchell Campbell's non-profit organization, Artists Striving To End Poverty (ASTEP) is hosting a holiday concert tonight at Joe's Pub. A handful of stage-side tickets are still available.

Performers include: Sherie Rene Scott (Everyday Rapture, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) and Orfeh (Legally Blonde, Saturday Night Fever), as well as Sierra Boggess (Master Class, The Little Mermaid), Chester Gregory (Sister Act, Dreamgirls), Lindsay Mendez (Godspell, Everyday Rapture), Betsy Wolfe (T

Kelli O'Hara to Lead BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY Workshop - Sher To Direct
 Dec 1 2011, 05:27:02 PM
Kelli is his good luck charm. I hope he recovers from the debacles of Women on The Verge and Funny Girl.
Richard Fleeshman, Caissie Levy, Bryce Pinkham & Da'Vine Joy Randolph to Star in GHOST THE MUSICAL on Broadway
 Dec 1 2011, 05:24:38 PM
Fleeshman is hotter than hottie mchotterson. Absolutely beautiful. But he's too young for the part of a up-and-coming Wall Street guy.
self entitlement/rude behaviour
 May 18 2011, 10:58:28 AM
WTF is up with the people who can't sit for 2 hours without eating? No wonder thirty percent of this country is obese.
Michele, Benanti, O'Hara, and Parker in the running for FUNNY GIRL...
 May 18 2011, 10:53:18 AM
"If names like Kelli O'Hara and Laura Benanti are making it onto the list of possibilities, I have a hard time having much faith in Bart Sher's vision of the show."

Totally agree. I love love love me some Kelli O'Hara but she isn't right for this, and she knows it.

I, too, question the creative team: Sher and Gattelli seemed to work well on SOUTH PACIFIC but got flummoxed on WOMEN ON THE VERGE. A full-out, well known musical with dance (as opposed to "musical staging") cou

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN Leads Astaire Award Nominations with 6
 Apr 28 2011, 09:43:33 AM
Looks like everyone was nominated for this award except Christopher Gattelli for Women on The Verge. Snub?
any chance HELLO AGAIN will extend again?
 Apr 5 2011, 12:10:11 PM
Thank God, Bob Lenzi's butt was well featured in South Pacific.
any chance HELLO AGAIN will extend again?
 Apr 5 2011, 09:12:49 AM
It was worth the price of admission to see Max von Essen's bare bottom. Jonathan Hammond's, too...
LCT's SOUTH PACIFIC will play London!
 Mar 1 2011, 09:58:40 PM
Any other casting announced? There were rumors Loretta Ables Sayre would play Bloody Mary in London.
Dangerous Beauty in LA (Pasadena)
 Feb 15 2011, 07:30:49 PM
Looks like Variety agrees with the board here. Powers especially takes a hit for playing it too much like Little Women.

It seems we probably won't be seeing this in NY anytime soon.

THE ROAR OF A UNIQUE MUSICAL
 Dec 10 2010, 09:28:16 AM
Hilarious thread.
2011 Tony Awards Move to Beacon Theatre
 Nov 10 2010, 06:14:37 PM
At Radio City, nominees got one free ticket and had the option to buy more near them at about $900 - 1000 a seat.

WOMEN ON THE VERGE... Reviews
 Nov 9 2010, 10:03:46 AM
Interesting. Thanks for posting, ljay. Each of these reviews does point out some of the good points of the show.

A few seasons ago, TIME magazine also called the GREASE revival one of the bright spots on Broadway. Maybe they like being a bit counter-culture over there.

Priscilla on its' way to conquer Bdway!
 Nov 9 2010, 09:57:06 AM
Whatever happened to Matt Cavenaugh being in this show? Which role was he offered? Nick's?
WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
 Nov 9 2010, 09:42:55 AM
Does the back and bicep work-out mean that you, too, Kyle, are in fact a work in progress?
 Nov 7 2010, 10:25:15 AM
Congratulations on the quotation pick-up, kyle. Be careful, though -- fame is a wicked whore.

You might think he's a pest or a troll, but at the end of the day, kyle articulated the same views as those expressed by most of the critics about this mediocre production.

I don't know the kid, but I think some of you should lay off.

Nov 3 2010, 06:00:50 PM
To the folks who have seen WOMEN in the past few days --

does the set now finally "work" or is it still experience technical difficulties and hanging up the flow of the show?

Oct 19 2010, 11:02:54 AM
"...I feel like people are tearing it down because they have a problem with seeing middle class Hispanics portrayed on stage."

That's a joke, right?

How do you get your Broadway fix between shows?
 Oct 18 2010, 05:56:38 PM
flirt with unemployed chorus boys
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You