pixeltracker

suggestions for shows for a NY trip

suggestions for shows for a NY trip

mule
#1suggestions for shows for a NY trip
Posted: 12/24/08 at 6:20pm

Its been a few years and my wife and I are planning a long weekend of shows in NY. Suggestions and we are pretty well mainstream type of folks.

Over the years we have enjoyed Phantom, Jekyl & Hyde, Wicked, etc. She wanted to see Young Frankenstein but I understand it was cancelled.

Thanks in advance.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: suggestions for shows for a NY trip
Posted: 12/24/08 at 8:50pm

In The Heights, West Side Story, 9 to 5. Those are suggestions if you will be in NYC within the next several months. Have fun!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#2re: suggestions for shows for a NY trip
Posted: 12/24/08 at 9:36pm

from what you said, i think you would LOVE billy elliot, that is if you can get tickets.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#3re: suggestions for shows for a NY trip
Posted: 12/24/08 at 11:07pm

If by a week of shows you mean during this Holiday season, meaning the upcoming couple weeks, then by all means go see

GYPSY! It is the consummate American musical. You'll never forget it. It's got big musical numbers, great comedy, an easy to follow storyline, powerhouse drama, Tony Award wins under its belt.

If you are coming in before Jan. 11 this is DEFINITELY one to see. Skip the Jersey Boys and Wicked crap.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

Kaykohl Profile Photo
Kaykohl
#4re: suggestions for shows for a NY trip
Posted: 12/25/08 at 10:05am

You should check out Rock of Ages. It runs until Jan 4, Off-Broadway but opens On Broadway in April.

Videos