In the Heights To Recoup Soon?

AndAllThatJazz22
#1In the Heights To Recoup Soon?
Posted: 12/26/08 at 11:34pm

The show is doing well, especially under the economic situation, will it recoup anytime soon. The show probably had a modest flat rate investment, but the running cost are probably rather high (not as high as the complex shows like WICKED maybe, but probably higher than most minimal set shows). Is there a good chance we will see this show recoup by mid next year?

ps Please do not bash me for my lack of Broadway Financial knowledge, I just want to see if anyone has any thoughts/comments, or information that I don't know.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: In the Heights To Recoup Soon?
Posted: 12/26/08 at 11:37pm

They have been going six months now on selling only full price tickets. They haven't been selling out, but I bet they're close to recouping. Discount codes start up again in January, though, and they'll be there for good.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

bwaytramp
#2re: In the Heights To Recoup Soon?
Posted: 12/26/08 at 11:40pm

nah.

theyll go to hell in a handbasket

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#3re: In the Heights To Recoup Soon?
Posted: 12/26/08 at 11:44pm

They'll recoup eventually.

But I have a feeling they've been slow to recoup because they're still trying to pay back the financial losses they had from off-broadway going into the broadway run. Thus, it'll take them longer than most people.

bwaytramp
#4re: In the Heights To Recoup Soon?
Posted: 12/26/08 at 11:45pm

and what do youknow

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#5re: In the Heights To Recoup Soon?
Posted: 12/27/08 at 1:37am

The Off-Broadway show has nothing to do with the financing of the Broadway production.
The press office will let us know when they recoup.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#6re: In the Heights To Recoup Soon?
Posted: 12/27/08 at 8:15am

In The Heights is probably a middle expensive production (Not expensive, not cheap) It's not as cheap as Boeing Boeing but not as expensive as Wicked or Billy Elliot. ITH is doing very well for the economic status, it's not selling out but it is still grossing about 6 or 7 hundred thousand a week. When they are lucky they can go up to 8 or 9 or even 1 million.

If you are worried about it closing don't be, it well be fine. It has enough money to get it through these tough times. I predict a recoup around February or March. That would be a year.

Videos