BWAY Star Salary

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#25re: BWAY Star Salary
Posted: 1/4/09 at 10:47pm

They aren't

many are okay with telling friends and close connections.

my information are from friends on the stage... I'm not some random freak who asked at the stage door

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#26re: BWAY Star Salary
Posted: 1/5/09 at 1:04am

Or some random freak who asked on this thread?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

RentBoy86
#27re: BWAY Star Salary
Posted: 1/5/09 at 1:29am

I don't see the big deal. Most of us are actors, or want to be actors, or studying to be actors, and it's just common sense to want to know what kind of pay is available out there.

I'm curious to know how much someone like Curtis Holbrook or Aaron Tveit make. They're not "established" stars by any means, and not really names, but they're def. known in the theater world.

jennafan
#28re: BWAY Star Salary
Posted: 1/5/09 at 3:43am

I have a question about this....

Let's say someone is hired for a Broadway show, it usually takes a few months to GET to Broadway, either with Try-outs or rehearsals. What are the rules about getting paid during that time?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29re: BWAY Star Salary
Posted: 1/5/09 at 4:23am

You get paid once YOUR rehearsals begin. I do not know if it is at the same exact rate as performance, but I suspect that it is.

I'm sure otherrs will correct me if I'm wrong.

No one gets paid to audition.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jennafan
#30re: BWAY Star Salary
Posted: 1/5/09 at 9:21pm

ok, thanks

Manny2
#31re: BWAY Star Salary
Posted: 1/5/09 at 9:24pm

Yup, that's pretty much how it works.

During the audition process you don't get paid anything, which is why so many actors have second (and sometimes even third) jobs. Your salary begins after you've signed your contract, and go into rehearsals.