ATC Hair

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#1ATC Hair
Posted: 1/9/09 at 4:38pm

I had the wonderful pleasure of seeing the Arizona Theatre Company production of HAIR last night and I must say that it was truly an unforgettable theatrical experience. I have never been a big fan of the score, but seeing the show live was a very different experience.

I am not much for writing reviews of shows. I don't know what to look for and if I did, every play I wrote would get all positive reviews.

I can say that the guy who played Berger was a bit irritating. Claude was amazing, Sheila exotic, Woof entertaining and other good performances. Other than the aformentioned problems with Berger's performance the only casting irritation was that of a Musical Theatre Student at U of A whose weight problem can clearly be attributed to her love of chewing scenery. She was clearly the ATC's obligatory Arizona Resident casting decision.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be
Updated On: 1/9/09 at 04:38 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#2re: ATC Hair
Posted: 1/9/09 at 5:59pm

I thought someone posted a review of HAIR at ATC as in All That Chat.. I was like..what? it has not opened yet? LOL.

J*

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: ATC Hair
Posted: 1/9/09 at 8:21pm

J*, you're not the only one. I figured something newsy about the show was posted on all that chat.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

UAisGREAT
#3re: ATC Hair
Posted: 1/9/09 at 8:52pm

I am glad you enjoyed the show. I am in the acting program at UA and I loved the show and thought EVERYONE in it was great. As for your critique on some of the cast members, in particular one of the UA students, why do you feel the need to not only insult this girl's performance but also insult her as a person? I am not sure which one of these very talented girls you were talking about but they are very nice girls that do not deserve to be openly humiliated like that. Please grow up.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#4re: ATC Hair
Posted: 1/9/09 at 9:27pm

Actually ATC Hair stand for Already Thoroughly Chopped Hair.

I wasn't confused in the slightest.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

WhoLovesYou28
#5re: ATC Hair
Posted: 2/19/09 at 6:40pm

Updated On: 2/19/09 at 06:40 PM

Videos