News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Love, Inc review

Izzie2 Profile Photo
Izzie2
#1Love, Inc review
Posted: 2/5/09 at 11:55pm

I managed to catch the first preview of Love, Inc at Norfolk's beautiful Roper Theatre tonight. It's beginning a three week run this Saturday.

The set was effective...the only exception of that would be when a scene change left one of the walls slowly rolling toward center stage where it collided with a chair. The moment, however was almost cool as I found myself silently rooting for the escaping wall.

The songs were catchy and although I'd never heard them before, I found myself tapping my foot and wishing I could sing along. I very much hope that this show finds a way to make a cast recording. That is a c.d. that I would very much like to add to my collection.

The acting was spot on, I enjoyed the storyline. Overall, I'm looking forward to the chance to see it again and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a transfer.

Although we have are pride, we have been known to cast for food. BERNARD TELSEY CASTING, C.S.A.
"One more outburst from you sir and I bludgeon you to death with this microphone" The Wedding Singer

massofmen
#2re: Love, Inc review
Posted: 2/6/09 at 11:35am

i did some googling and I still dunno what Love INc. is.
Its a musical in norfolk that is transfering..where? who is in it?

BroadwaynSeventh2 Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh2
#2re: Love, Inc review
Posted: 2/6/09 at 12:48pm

I saw Love Inc. this past summer. It was cute... it wasn't AMAZING but it was definatly cute.

massofmen heres the link for the website... www.loveincmusical.com

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#3re: Love, Inc review
Posted: 2/6/09 at 3:17pm

I think it was either part of MITF or NYMF this summer.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

Little-Lotte Profile Photo
Little-Lotte
#4re: Love, Inc review
Posted: 2/6/09 at 5:51pm

Oh wow! I saw this show 3 years ago when they had free public readings with the Ayers sisters and Jim Stanek starring. It was a cute little show, I'm glad to see that it is still being developed after all this time!

massofmen
#5re: Love, Inc review
Posted: 2/6/09 at 7:00pm

thanks for the link...
Michael minarik? i like his work. Updated On: 2/6/09 at 07:00 PM

surfrgirl1
#6re: Love, Inc review
Posted: 2/8/09 at 2:36pm

It is the world premiere of Love Inc. Paolo Montalban is one of the 4-part cast. (You may know him as Prince Charming in Cinderella, opposite Brandy) www.loveincmusical.com.

Videos