News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Izzie2

Izzie2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Izzie2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Love, Inc review
 Feb 5 2009, 11:55:52 PM
I managed to catch the first preview of Love, Inc at Norfolk's beautiful Roper Theatre tonight. It's beginning a three week run this Saturday.

The set was effective...the only exception of that would be when a scene change left one of the walls slowly rolling toward center stage where it collided with a chair. The moment, however was almost cool as I found myself silently rooting for the escaping wall.

The songs were catchy and although I'd never heard them before, I foun

re: Family Guy Musical References
 May 11 2008, 10:31:00 PM
there was an episode where Brian Sang a song from Pirates of Penzance

the episode where they can't figure out what Meg's age is Lois sings
You are Sixteen going on Seventeen

re: What do you think are the best and worst shows on Broadway right now?
 May 10 2008, 01:51:44 AM
for those of you who are saying rent and wicked....Keep in mind we are going for WORST not most ovverrated for the wrong reasons. Just because it's not nearly as good as people generally think it is does not make it inherently bad....nor does it make people classier, more theatre savvy, or smarter to lower your opinion of the show based on someone else's opinions. However misguided they may be. Not to neccesarily accuse you personally...I'm speaking in generalities. (it's been bugging me for
re: Broadway Beat airtimes?
 Apr 14 2008, 09:52:46 PM
I don't live in NY so I don't get any of those channels.
re: The worst Tony Winning Performance in History
 Apr 14 2008, 09:51:51 PM
...Idina Menzel is ok. She's not awful, she's not some sort of worshippable being.

ANGELA LANSBURY on the other hand. I care. She's awesome.

re: Please vote in my Poll!!!
 Mar 8 2008, 02:54:50 AM
Helen Keller's first word was water.
re: If you take another song from one show and put it in another....
 Mar 5 2008, 12:24:59 AM
I've always wished that Mayzie in Seussical would come right otu and sing T*ts and A*s from Chorus Line
re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
 Feb 20 2008, 10:34:51 PM
I stand with allshowsrock in FULL AGREEMENT
re: Broadway Facebook Application
 Feb 15 2008, 04:48:54 PM
Some suggestions:

* The ability to put the shows in order
* A section for shows you want to see and for shows you are planning on seeing soon.
* A section for playbills
* A chat area.

re: The Graffiti on the Nederlander Theater
 Jan 27 2008, 05:38:22 PM
from what I've heard, most broadway shows have walls in some back hallway that when celebrities visit, they sign walls.

here's one off the top of my head

Jan 27 2008, 02:14:48 PM
I love it....If you're thinking of another b'way application I'm still interested in one for playbill collectors!
re: Instead of making a new movie for wicked they should just get the obc a
 Jan 27 2008, 01:52:24 PM
I like wicked. In this case, when wicked is made into a movie, I want it to be solely based on Gregory Maguire's book with no musical theatre aspects involved at all. To me, that is the way things are meant to be. I don't want to see a show like wicked destroyed by the world of film.
re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
 Jan 25 2008, 07:58:12 PM
ok. Am I the only one who thinks that this Idina Kristin thing may not be true. By all means it MAY be true, but it seems that people are stating speculation as fact.

the idea that they beefed up Kristin's part because she is more popular than idina is flat false. Kristin's part was beefed up in the VERY beginning. Before Idina was even around to be popular or unpopular. Back when the show was in development and Elphaba was being played by Shoshana Bean.

and the idea t

Jan 22 2008, 10:15:33 PM
yaaay!
re: Show Closings
 Jan 6 2008, 04:01:30 PM
....I wish I'd made it here in time to get in on this argument with Georgie here....I'm all for starting a new thread about it!
re: The Color Purple Lyric Question - What is a 'Blade of Corn'?
 Jan 6 2008, 11:53:04 AM
I agree. We can bash the legitimacy of the Color Purple where at least the characters are SINGING. Or we can all talk about the internal Monologue singing of Totally ******.
re: Wedding Singer Tour question
 Jan 5 2008, 01:31:30 AM
I just went and saw it. i enjoyed it.
 Jan 3 2008, 01:32:40 PM
It needs to happen....soon!
re: Does Delsym have a deal with Spelling Bee?
 Jan 3 2008, 01:30:40 PM
The most upsetting thing is that the commercial is too short for me to look at each of the children and go "that one is Marcy Parks"
re: Riedel jumps in on the Fantasia Bandwagon
 Dec 12 2007, 11:05:46 PM
....the producers deserve spotty reliability for stunt casting. if you want the job done well and reliably, call in a professional, If you want to bring in massive numbers of people who will only leave when they find that the leading lady is out, cast a celebrity.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You