pixeltracker

What are your favorite places to eat in the city?- Page 3

What are your favorite places to eat in the city?

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#50re: What are your favorite places to eat in the city?
Posted: 2/9/09 at 2:41am

Honestly? Patzeria. It's a hole-in-the-wall pizza shop on 46th between 7th and 8th. Doesn't look like anything special but let me tell you, it's the best pizza in the city.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#51re: What are your favorite places to eat in the city?
Posted: 2/9/09 at 3:14am

Peter Luger's is to die for. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. In Brooklyn, since we're going there, I love Grimaldi's, Gargiulo's in Coney Island, Kotobuki Bistro, and Taci's Beyti for Turkish.

Also, Akdeniz on 46th near 5th has great Turkish and you can do that before/after a show. I dream of their shepherd salad.

#52re: What are your favorite places to eat in the city?
Posted: 2/9/09 at 4:16am

Cafe Edison, alias Polish Tea Room. The food isn't spectacular, but the service is quick and it's super convenient to the entire theatre district. I don't know why, but whenever I'm in New York, I end up eating there at least twice. Maybe because I'm poor.

Max Brenner, Chocolate by the Bald Man just off Union Square is another favorite. The food is pretty good, and the drinks are to die for.

Spice on University Place and E 10th. Good Thai. Especially good dumplings.

Veselka on 2nd. Really good Ukranian place. Awesome breakfast fare.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#53re: What are your favorite places to eat in the city?
Posted: 2/9/09 at 5:10am

I know you are going to hate me for saying this, and believe me, I know there are tons of great places to eat in NYC. But I have to say I love eating at the touristy Planet Hollywood. *hides in corner*

But I also like trying new places in NYC and only go here occasionally when I am too lazy to research some new places.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

boombaboy
#54re: What are your favorite places to eat in the city?
Posted: 2/9/09 at 8:43am

If you are in the theater district, you can't go wrong with two places on West 46th Street's "Restaurant Row." Joe Allen's is a theater hang-out with good food and service. And Lidia and Joe Bastianich's Becco is fantastic. As someone mentioned, they have an "all you can eat pasta special" featuring 3 different kinds of pasta for about $22, as well as many other wonderful Italian dishes. The food and the service are terrific, and you need a reservation at Becco. BTW, I also love Taco Grill and it's on West 72nd Street between Columbus and Amsterdam. Great Mexican food really cheap, not really a dine-in place but great for take out.

exedore
#55re: What are your favorite places to eat in the city?
Posted: 2/9/09 at 9:17am

Serendipity 3?

What the hell are you people smoking? Bad service, bad food, overpriced, EVERYTHING has too much sugar in it (I'm looking at you $9 bowl of vegetarian chili), rude door staff, and 3 hour waits?

Screw. That.

If you want dessert, hit Amy's and buy beforehand, Junior's for cheesecake, or hop up to Cafe Mozart by Lincoln Centre. Or partake of any of New York's bakeries and diners. You'll pay less and get better food.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#56re: What are your favorite places to eat in the city?
Posted: 2/9/09 at 9:25am

For fun, we enjoy Ellen's Stardust Diner. We also like Angus McIndoe's, but we only go there when we're kid-free. We try to avoid the chains (Applebees, Olive Garden, etc) when we're in the city. Nothing against them, we eat there a lot, but if we're going to a chain, we'd eat in NJ for about $5 a plate less.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

SingingCats Profile Photo
SingingCats
#57re: What are your favorite places to eat in the city?
Posted: 2/9/09 at 12:46pm

If I'm not eating at Cosi or Lenny's (which, let's face it, is more often than not), I'm at Pam Real Thai on 49th and 9th. With groups I like to head to VYNL or Blockheads. And I've always wanted to try Empanada Mama's.

For out of midtown, I LOVE S'Mac.