Lunt-Fontanne advice please :-)

jcdenton08
#1Lunt-Fontanne advice please :-)
Posted: 2/9/09 at 4:28am

Hi guys!

I am travelling from the UK to visit NY, arriving this Saturday (14th).

I have two questions I hoped you might help me with;

1) Arriving Saturday afternoon, what kind of availability is there left at TKTS for Saturday night, in your experience? We already have Little Mermaid booked for Sunday, Phantom for Tuesday, and Wicked for Wednesday, but are trying to squeeze one more in!

2) I am trying to contact the Company Manager at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre re: a letter I sent a few weeks ago. Does anybody have an e-mail address for the Lunt-Fontanne theatre?
It's quite important I get in touch with them before I travel on Friday!

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

JC

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Lunt-Fontanne advice please :-)
Posted: 2/9/09 at 5:23am

What is your question about the Lunt - perhaps it is something we can answer?

As for TKTS, it varies each day. Saturday night is usually the most popular time people see shows (which is why many discounts are valid every time except Saturday nights).

You can look at this link, but these are subject to change since, as I said, availability changes. I'd also assume Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend is more popular than other weekends.

http://www.entertainment-link.com/tkts.asp

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jcdenton08
#2re: Lunt-Fontanne advice please :-)
Posted: 2/9/09 at 5:25am

Hi, thanks for the reply re: TKTS.

My question was just as with the first post;

I am trying to get an e-mail address for the Lunt-Fontanne theatre, or ideally for the Company Manager?

Thanks,

JC

jcdenton08
#3re: Lunt-Fontanne advice please :-)
Posted: 2/9/09 at 5:33am

Hang on... Looking at the TKTS website is very confusing.

It implies that half price (50%) tickets are available for Little Mermaid, Shrek etc - even for a Saturday night!

That can't be right - I thought the likes of Little Mermaid, Phantom and to a lesser extent Shrek were always full in advance for busier nights?!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: Lunt-Fontanne advice please :-)
Posted: 2/9/09 at 5:43am

It varies, but no, the only shows you can almost guarantee NOT to be up there are Wicked, Jersey Boys and The Lion King.

As for the others it just depends.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

jcdenton08
#5re: Lunt-Fontanne advice please :-)
Posted: 2/9/09 at 5:52am

Hmm, so do you think it was a mistake to book three shows in advance? Little Mermaid we paid $262.60 including Ticketmaster (scam) fees for two mediocre seats about 14 rows back in the orchestra.. but apparently it would've been better waiting, saving myself $130.00 and getting them on the day! re: Lunt-Fontanne advice please :-)

Same for Phantom - got tickets in side orchestra full price.. could've saved another $100.00! re: Lunt-Fontanne advice please :-)

Lesson learned.

Videos