next to normal auditions

marelimat Profile Photo
marelimat
#1next to normal auditions
Posted: 3/9/09 at 12:24pm

Hi,

Has anyone received any call backs from Friday's (Mar6) auditions?
You would think that they would have to act fast since previews are on the 27th.
Also,
Offers have gone out but have not been accepted prior to the Mar6 audition. Does anyone have any specifics on this.

Thanks

Thomas

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2re: next to normal auditions
Posted: 3/9/09 at 9:03pm

I'm pretty sure the only thing they are looking for is for Aaron Tviet's TEMPORARY replacement for when he leaves to work on CMIYC.

So...IF that's so...perhaps they aren't worried about casting it quite yet.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#2re: next to normal auditions
Posted: 3/9/09 at 10:40pm

The entire cast was announced and their pictures are on the side of the theatre already. This audition was basically a required Equity call for future replacements. They will most likely place the people they liked in a file and possibly call them sometime down the line if the show runs and needs replacements. So, don't expect a call so quickly.

KingKong
#3re: next to normal auditions
Posted: 3/9/09 at 10:45pm

Has there been any word on the understudies? is it the same as Arena? or are they recasting them?

Juliet LaFleur Profile Photo
Juliet LaFleur
#4re: next to normal auditions
Posted: 3/10/09 at 12:13pm

I know they offered it to the them, but not sure if they've all signed.
Updated On: 4/29/09 at 12:13 PM

marelimat Profile Photo
marelimat
#5re: next to normal auditions
Posted: 3/10/09 at 1:44pm

Makes sense now. It was the u/s that were not signed. Wasn't sure according to the casting notice. I did notice the posting on the theatre but assumed it was from Arena. No matter.
Congrats to all those who were able to get seen on Friday.

Thomas

Videos