pixeltracker

Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)

Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/22/09 at 10:51pm

i can't wait for this to open!

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 9:54am

I am looking so forward to this show! I hope it has a great run.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:33pm

It's interesting how the composer said that he wants people to take the experience they have had seeing the show and hopes it allows them to open up a dialogue about this experience.

So, he's essentially saying, he wants people to take what they have learned from seeing this musical, and go talk with the people they are close with -- family members, friends -- and discuss these serious issues (because the musical's focus is on serious, human health issues that have never been presented on a Broadway stage before) they just learned about and see how they may apply to their own life experiences.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Wanna Be A Foster
#4re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:39pm

Something else that is telling is how the librettist first says that the show is about a person who suffers from Depression and undergoes "shock therapy," then later on he says there's a song about, once you're on medication and feel "flat" as a result, missing the "highs and lows" (the primary symptom of Bipolar Disorder, NOT Depression).

So it seems the show's own author doesn't know if the story he has written is about a person suffering from Depression or Bi-polar Disorder.

That doesn't sound promising.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
Updated On: 3/23/09 at 03:39 PM

KingKong
#5re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:41pm

oh lord he it goes again. Yorkey and Kitt better find an underground shelter cause here comes foster to burn them at the stake.

Wanna Be A Foster
#6re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:43pm

KingKong, who were you before this username?

-Kad

KingKong
#7re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:50pm

Why don't you just get over the fact that your experience with mental illness isn't the ONLY experience with mental illness. The show is not inaccurate. It's not the same thing YOU know but it is what OTHER PEOPLE know. It's a bit egotistical to think that just because it doesn't line up with YOUR experience that its WRONG. For SOME people, I Miss the Mountains is EXACTLY what its like.

Also, your basic understanding of the english language is not great. regular people have highs and lows as well. EVEN PEOPLE WITH DEPRESSION HAVE HIGHS AND LOWS, most of the time its lows but sometimes even they feel happiness. For some of them, the medication doesn't work, instead of limiting the lows, sometimes it just makes them numb. There are worst things than being depressed, for someone with depression, feeling nothing at all.

So get the **** over yourself and stop trying to crucify these two men because you egomaniacal.

shpants Profile Photo
shpants
#8re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:57pm

yikesies.

Did I miss something?

"You see, I told you so! There's lots of things I know. 'Ponine, she knows her way around."

Wanna Be A Foster
#9re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:59pm

I worked for a national mental health organization for four years. I am WELL-AWARE of MANY peoples' experiences. Not only face to face, but in my own research, reports, and through my colleagues.

This isn't about me. I know a heck of a lot about mental illness, and the production of NEXT TO NORMAL that I saw at Second Stage was an offensively inaccurate portrayal of a mix-match of mental illnesses with a final treatment choice that would be wrong for any of them.

I am going back to see the Broadway production to see what the updates are like, but the authors' comments in this video are NOT promising.

-Kad

KingKong
#10re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:02pm

good for you, but you're still wrong and still and egomaniacal ass. The events in N2N are NOT WRONG just because tehy don't like up with your experience. You seem to continue to ignore the fact that THEY DO LINE UP FOR OTHER PEOPLE. So take your head out of your ass and get over it.

You are not the god of being ****ed up in the head.

Wanna Be A Foster
#11re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:08pm

The purpose of this board is to discuss theatre. Not to personally attack the people posting on it because you disagree with their opinions.

The point at which you stoop to a personal attack is the moment you have shown you have no more knowledge to express on the issue being discussed.

-Kad

KingKong
#12re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:11pm

you personally attack these two on a regular basis, so save the bull**** ok. you have insulted them, wished failure upon them, you're a hypocrite and an egomaniac.

Wanna Be A Foster
#13re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:12pm

Who two?

-Kad

KingKong
#14re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:13pm

kitt and yorkey. For "dangerously misrepresenting mental illness" which in fact, THEY HAVEN'T

Wanna Be A Foster
#15re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:14pm

The authors of a piece of theatre?

They don't post here.

They wrote a Broadway show, and I am discussing an interview with them about the Broadway show they wrote.

-Kad

KingKong
#16re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:15pm

SO you're claiming you've never said tehy've misrepresented mental illness in a "dangerous" way, and that you've never said that you wanted the show to fail?

Wanna Be A Foster
#17re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:17pm

Two posts up:

They don't post here.

-Kad

KingKong
#18re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:21pm

So its ok to insult people who don't post here but its not ok to insult people who do post here?

Hmm, more hypocrisy what seems to be a factory of it.

And how does it feel to be proven wrong so regularly? You claim the show is inaccurate and misrepresents mental illness, but, my mere existence makes that claim false becuase the events the show are representative of my experience. Just because it is not representative of your own experience doesn't mean it doesn't represent someone elses. So , just go back to your life of constantly being wrong.

Wanna Be A Foster
#19re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:27pm

You're saying you suffered from a Depression/Bi-polar Disorder mis-match, were offered medications, threw them away, were immediately sent to have Electro-Convulsive Therapy (a LAST RESULT in ANY case), and you decided on your own that the best treatment was no treatment.

And you're saying the result is a happy, healthy life.

Correct?

-Kad

KingKong
#20re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:32pm

Yes because i claimed the show was an exact replication of my life didn't I. that's exactly what I said. I said I'm a 40 ish mother of 1 living child and that I have a hallcination of my dead son and My daughter is a bit of a high strung girl and I sing my feelings.

Oh, wait, no that's not what I said, i said it was representative. Again your knowledge of the English language fails. There are aspects of the show that I have experienced. But nice try there.

Again, how does it feel to be wrong about everything you say in this thread?

Wanna Be A Foster
#21re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:34pm

I'll let your last post and all the previous posts in this thread speak for themselves.

Over and out.

-Kad

KingKong
#22re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:36pm

So will I, cause they say exaclty what I want them to say. That you don't know what you're talking about.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#23re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 5:04pm

Jesus...

Is every thread I create going to end like this?

Wanna Be, give N2N a second chance. It has improved greatly since 2ST. It's basically a totally different show. And it deals with a LOT more than just mental illness. It opened up a dialogue between me and the person I saw the show with at 2ST that had nothing to do with mental illness.

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#24re: Video Interview with Kitt & Yorkey (NEXT TO NORMAL)
Posted: 3/23/09 at 5:05pm

Wow. You're so f*cking annoying.

Who were you, prior to this "KingKong" username?

You are far too brash and forward to be someone new to the boards...

And you're clearly licking someone's lollipop -- either Kitt or Yorkey. Do you share a bed with one of them?

(And please don't respond with something about Adam Lambert or anything else. That is so old and you already used it)