RENT audition

brittyluvsbway
#1RENT audition
Posted: 4/21/09 at 1:45pm

the community theatre in my area is doing Rent and I am trying to think of an appropriate song.

the audition isn't for months, but i always like to have things sort of picked out and in the back of my mind way ahead of time.

i was thinking of doing "Number 5 With a Bullet" from High Fidelity. It has a nice rock/soul feel to it.

What do you guys think?

Liza + Jesus = Patti
#2re: RENT audition
Posted: 4/21/09 at 2:56pm

I think you should wait another few months... And then come back and ask.

RENT will never die, will it? Sad.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#2re: RENT audition
Posted: 4/21/09 at 4:20pm

My university's doing it next year. I was kinda sad when i found out, but now I'm kinda excited, even though, despite how well i could play Collins or Angel, I don't have a chance at getting cast.
I'm gonna sing Stoned from Passing Strange for the auds.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3re: RENT audition
Posted: 4/21/09 at 4:26pm

A youth theatre here is doing the full score version, but I didn't audition. I'm not really aching to be in Rent.

rentheadca
#4re: RENT audition
Posted: 4/21/09 at 9:18pm

I'm doing one over the summer... the place I'm going to says you can do a song from the show, but I don't think I should...

PiraguaGuy2
#5re: RENT audition
Posted: 4/21/09 at 9:22pm

In the future, requests should go on the "student" board to the right.

And don't worry about "Liza + Jesus" - he's a bitter old former poster here who got banned not once, but twice for making up ridiculous lies that could have hurt a performer's career (as TooDarnHot), and also for generally being a douche (TheCharleston). I assume he's signed back onto this account. The telltale signs of our old friend are the love of Patti, the use of the sentence "Sad." to condescend, and a general ass-holishness.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08
Updated On: 4/21/09 at 09:22 PM

erinrebecca
#6re: RENT audition
Posted: 4/22/09 at 8:44am

I'm not sure how the community theatres are handling auditions for Rent but MT songs have never been allowed for the professional auditions. They always call for a rock or pop song.

Videos