pixeltracker

9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!- Page 2

9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#25re: 9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!
Posted: 6/18/09 at 12:23am

$25 or $30 is usually what they charge at theatres, but that is never what anyone has paid online. Usually not more than 18.99, but new releases are usually cheaper from 9.99 to 14.99.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#26re: 9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!
Posted: 6/18/09 at 12:29am

I never took Violet's "I'll take this job and love it" as meek but more wistful. For the whole song she's strong and assertive and just imagining it actually happening has taken her breath away. She's a strong woman, yes. But she's still a compassionate woman who has a dream. It sets her apart from Hart who is all gruff and rumble. She has it when she needs it but knows when to dial it back.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#27re: 9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!
Posted: 6/18/09 at 12:37am

$25 or $30 is usually what they charge at theatres, but that is never what anyone has paid online. Usually not more than 18.99, but new releases are usually cheaper from 9.99 to 14.99.

Yes, at online retailers like amazon and itunes. But, not so for the show's official site.

A few examples:
http://www.wickedthemusical.com - $28.
Amazon - $9.99.

http://www.billyelliotbroadway.com - $30.
Amazon - $14.99.

http://www.broadwaywestsidestory.com/ - $25
Amazon - $12.99

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
Updated On: 6/18/09 at 12:37 AM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#28re: 9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!
Posted: 6/18/09 at 12:37am

This is one cast recording I definitely don't want to miss! The score sounds great and I cannot wait to get my hands on this. Any news on recorded extras expected as bonus tracks? I had wished they recorded some of the cut songs from LA as bonus tracks. The only OBCR I know of in my collection with a bonus track from out-of-town tryouts is Young Frankenstein... and my collection's not very big big. I am always looking for new sounds. lol. Hope it has an exclusive like WSS and you get a Playbill. I would totally get that one. And if they do have bonus tracks, hopefully I don't have to buy 3 different copies with different bonus tracks!!

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#29re: 9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!
Posted: 6/18/09 at 9:32am

She does sound kind of meek. However, it's a nice comparison to her powerful part in the song. She does sound absolutely gorgeous during that part. She has came such a long way. I am so proud of her.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

Cabchic
#30re: 9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!
Posted: 6/18/09 at 9:38am

Been listening to the clips all morning. Loving it! I wonder if they will have an in store signing/performance for the release?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#31re: 9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!
Posted: 6/18/09 at 12:46pm

I still don't understand the use of the word "meek" to describe the "I'll take this job and love it" line. She's not whispering it. Her tone absoluley implies wistfulness. Maybe this is just the difference how men and women see/hear things.

As a female I can relate to the dreaminess of the moment for her. Perhaps a guy can't relate?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#32re: 9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!
Posted: 6/30/09 at 10:24pm

9 To 5: The Musical (Original Broadway Cast Recording) [CAST RECORDING]

Amaranth9 Profile Photo
Amaranth9
#33re: 9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!
Posted: 6/30/09 at 11:17pm

Thanks for the heads up, Eris0303. That price is much better on the wallet for me, and the sample clips feature different parts of the songs than those on the show's site. They sound great.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#34re: 9to5 Cast Recording clips now on the official site!!
Posted: 6/30/09 at 11:24pm

Eris, I am male and agree with you 100%. I have never seen, heard, or thought that part of the song to be meek. She sounds more gracious of what she's been given. She'll take the job and LOVE it. Unlike Hart who has the job but doesn't really give a crap about it one way or the other.