News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Dancing With the Stars

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#1Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 8/22/24 at 5:28pm

The new season of DWTS returns on September 17th.  I love this show!

Returning are Julianne Hough and Alfonso Ribeiro as co-hosts.  And Carrie Ann Inaba, Derek Hough and Bruno Tonioli will be back as judges.

The celebrity dancers will be revealed on September 4th.  But, already announced is Paris Olympics gymnastic medal winner Stephen Nedoroscik, known as the "Pommel Horse Guy".

Anxious to see who will be taking to the dance floor!

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 8/22/24 at 05:28 PM

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#2Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 8/22/24 at 7:18pm

I saw it’s going to be streamed on Hulu, but is it still going to be on ABC?  They had it exclusively on Disney plus a few seasons ago

Highland Guy
#3Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 8/22/24 at 7:26pm

It took a bit of digging, but what I read is that it will be shown live on both ABC and Disney+, and stream the following day on HULU.

Non sibi sed patriae

Highland Guy
Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#5Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/5/24 at 4:45pm

Heteronormative as ever. Sad.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Highland Guy
#6Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/5/24 at 6:13pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Heteronormative as ever. Sad."

You know what's "Sad"?

It's sad that once again you bring your special brand of "Right vs Wrong" to these threads.  Never mind that over the years DWTS has featured any number of celebritiy cast members, dancers, performers and judges who were part of our Rainbow Community.  Just within the past days, Julienne Hough announced that she is "Not straight".  But that's not enough for you, because you basically are just trolling.  You don't really care about the sexual identities of these folks.  You just want us to believe that you care.

I created this topic for what I hoped would be a bit of fun for those of us who enjoy the show. But like the troll that you are, you just couldn't let it go.  So, do what you want with this thread.

I  AM  DONE

Non sibi sed patriae

Jay Lerner-Z
#7Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/5/24 at 6:44pm

I often wonder how you survived a military life when you are so fcking sensitive. Relax, HG. 

My understanding is that when a thread is started, it is an invitation for the community here to express their thoughts on the subject. That is all I was doing. To me, that is the point of a "discussion" board. Y'know... discussion. This is not your personal playground.

Enjoy the show. Goodbye.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Jay Lerner-Z
#8Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/5/24 at 6:52pm

I'm back. Just to say that it seems HG has missed my point. The fact that there are so many LGBT people involved on the show only makes it sadder that they continue with the "traditional" male/female pairings. That's all I was saying.

I'm sorry for daring to go against HG, and for expressing my thoughts in four whole words.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#9Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/6/24 at 12:39am

but they now have a convicted con artist who'll dance wearing her ankle bracelet!

Broadway Flash
#10Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/6/24 at 12:10pm

Yes, I don’t understand how she’s still allowed to stay in the country.  She was supposed to be deported after getting out of jail.  I’m personally rooting for Tory Spelling to win 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#11Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/8/24 at 8:53pm

bwaylyric said: "but they now have a convicted con artist who'll dance wearingher ankle bracelet!"

This should not be allowed. This show seriously has no "stars" left. Just end it already.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Broadway Flash
#12Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/9/24 at 1:28am

I’m surprised they even manage to get D-list stars on the show.  I guess it pays well?  regardless, it is still popular, and I watch it from time to time.  The thing that needs to be shut down is The Bachelor.  That show is literal TRASH. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#13Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/9/24 at 7:10am

Broadway Flash said: "I’m surprised they even manage to get D-list stars on the show. I guess it pays well? regardless, it is still popular, and I watch it from time to time. The thing that needs to be shut down is The Bachelor. That show is literal TRASH."

The first eliminated "star" gets a minimum of $100k, which is why the show is loaded with washed-up reality stars who need a paycheck.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Broadway Flash
#14Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/9/24 at 11:13am

Ohh that explains it.  I will say, I think Alfonso does a good job as host.  And I like Derek Hough as a judge. 

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#15Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/10/24 at 12:08am

I wish I gave a **** about Anna Delvey's crimes... but I don't. So she spent a few years scamming rich people for a free ride. I'm supposed to be upset about that? No... honestly her being on this show complete with ankle bracelet? It's camp. CAMP. Get it. Shangela is a sexual predator, this is actually a moral step up. 

Broadway Flash
#16Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/10/24 at 1:00am

Respect for the rule of law is clearly not your thing. 

TheatreFan4
#17Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/10/24 at 1:10am

Broadway Flash said: "Respect for the rule of law is clearly not your thing."

Do you want me to post the screenshot of you asking for the audio or no? Because it's a weird thing to keep harping on after explicitly asking for it.

And you're right, I don't arbitrarily respect the law because of a lot of laws are ****ed up. She scammed a bunch of rich people out of money, what am I supposed to pretend she broke into middle class homes and took their life savings? Financial crimes against rich people that will never feel it is like lower on my concern list than Jay walking. 

Broadway Flash
#18Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/10/24 at 6:53pm

It shouldn’t matter whether it happens to the rich or the poor, a scam is a scam.  Are you saying you don’t care if rich people get scammed?  And that there should be no consequences to people who donate scamming?   I hope you or your family never fall victim to a scam. 

TheatreFan4
#19Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/10/24 at 8:13pm

Did she or did she not go to prison already? And it actually does matter who it happens to. Rich people frame themselves as the best of society when in reality they're some of the most naive as be swindled out of millions by this random ass woman. And let's talk how many of their own financial crimes get buried away by high paid accountants and lawyers so again... don't care.

Jay Lerner-Z
#20Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/11/24 at 12:28pm

If an evil criminal can be POTUS, then really… appearing on a reality dance show is nothing.

Highland Guy
#21Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/13/24 at 3:09pm

As ranked by Entertainment, here are 15 of the "best" winners from years gone by.  My favorite was, is and always will be Olympic skating champ Meryl Davis.  So much talent.

https://ew.com/tv/dancing-with-the-stars-winners-ranked/

Non sibi sed patriae

Highland Guy
#22Dancing With the Stars
Posted: 9/19/24 at 9:54pm

Night One.  Very entertaining.

My favorite dancer:  Ilona Maher.  Olympic medal winner for Rugby.  Promotes positive body appreciation for girls and women.  Very funny.  Has endorsed the Harris/Walz Team.  DWTS will definitely not be the last we hear from Ilona Maher.  I was impressed.

Next up:  Oscars Night, featuring Oscar-winning songs.

But, I miss Len Goodman.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 9/20/24 at 09:54 PM

Videos