News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Broadway in Bryant Park Week 3 review.- Page 2

Broadway in Bryant Park Week 3 review.

ctnyc
RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26re: Broadway in Bryant Park Week 3 review.
Posted: 7/24/09 at 8:02pm

How was Fieyro and who played him?

AlliMauzeyFan87 Profile Photo
AlliMauzeyFan87
#27re: Broadway in Bryant Park Week 3 review.
Posted: 7/24/09 at 8:12pm

Kevin Kern plays Fieyro. I didn't see him on Broadway at bryant park, but i've seen him 3 times as Fieyro in Wicked and he's amazing.

~*I've heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn and we are led, to those who help us most to grow, if we let them, and we help them in return*~

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#28re: Broadway in Bryant Park Week 3 review.
Posted: 7/24/09 at 8:27pm

Kern is far too old to convincingly play Fiyero.

luvwicked
#29re: Broadway in Bryant Park Week 3 review.
Posted: 7/25/09 at 9:37am

Kevin isn't THAT old. You'll recall the first New York Fiyero was Norbert Leo Butz, and he certainly looked older. Fiyero doesn't necessarily need to look young...after all, he's a guy who's been kicked out of several schools. Perhaps he's a professional student, so he could be older when he starts at Shiz.

And, for someone who's "old," Kevin is pretty damn sexy.

(Incidentally, I saw the show the night of BROADWAY IN BRYANT PARK and Kevin was out...Jerad Bortz was on and he was pretty awesome.)

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#30re: Broadway in Bryant Park Week 3 review.
Posted: 7/25/09 at 2:49pm

I saw Kevin as Fiyero a few months ago. I didn't think he came across as too old for the character. Actually, I really enjoyed his performance.

AlliMauzeyFan87 Profile Photo
AlliMauzeyFan87
#31re: Broadway in Bryant Park Week 3 review.
Posted: 7/25/09 at 5:15pm

I don't think Kevin Kern is too old at all, he's gorgeous.

~*I've heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn and we are led, to those who help us most to grow, if we let them, and we help them in return*~

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#32re: Broadway in Bryant Park Week 3 review.
Posted: 7/25/09 at 6:11pm

Kevin hardly looks too old to be playing Fiyero. Also, I blatantly disagree with the original poster about Constantine's understudy not measuring up to him vocally. Both he and Savannah were HUGE improvements on Constantine and Amy. If this had been the original cast, I might have liked it more... (barely).

Videos