News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

First show seen on broadway?- Page 7

First show seen on broadway?

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#150First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 5/18/15 at 11:59pm

Promises, Promises (2010 revival) after Molly Shannon replaced Kate Finneran.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#151First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 5/19/15 at 3:22pm

Broadway: Wicked (October 2010 with Mandy, Katie, and Andy)

Tour: Hairspray (January 2009 with Brooklyn Pulver)

Alessio2
#152First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 5/19/15 at 4:40pm

what a fun thread!!

Broadway: Grease in 1995 starring Brooke Shields as Rizzo (I remember not loving the show, and then being completely mesmerized the next evening at Beauty and the Beast!! )

Tour: Tommy in 1994, blew me away and it started my life long love of musical theater:)

forgetmenotnyc Profile Photo
forgetmenotnyc
#153First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 5/20/15 at 12:50pm

Natl. Theatre in '78: ANNIE

'79! SWEENEY TODD (Orig.)

others in my 1st weeks: Whoopee!, Best Little Whorehouse in TX, Sugar Babies, Peter Pan, Oklahoma, Grease, A Chorus Line, Dancin', Evita, Ain't Misbehavin', Bent, Gemini, Deathtrap, Mummenschanz, Strider (at 2 of the theatres torn down for Marriott Marquis), & They're Playing Our Song (final half hr. only).

post Bwy tour: 1940's Radio Hour.

Updated On: 5/24/15 at 12:50 PM

ivandixon2
#154First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 5/20/15 at 7:49pm

My first Broadway show was part of my first trip to NYC. Watched a show called "Moonchildren" at what was then named the Royale Theatre. Free tickets from the concierge at our hotel who told us the show was closing after only a month. At the theatre, we noticed a sandwich board display plugging the next show coming in. My girlfriend turned to me and said, "Grease.....what a wierd name for a show!"

Videos