News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Josh Groban to star in The Great Comet of 1812 on Broadway in September - Page 7

Josh Groban to star in The Great Comet of 1812 on Broadway in September

willep
#150Josh Groban to star in The Great Comet of 1812 on Broadway in September
Posted: 4/24/16 at 8:18am

PerfidiousRaoul said: "Weird that they chose to exclude 'and' on the poster, it just says Natasha Pierre the Great Comet of 1812. Maybe they are opting for just The Great Comet of 1812. Groban and Benton's costumes look awesome though!"

I thought that at first too, but there is an ampersand after "Pierre".

I don't love the glossy feel to the poster. I am partial to the rough around the edges logo from the off Broadway run. Regardless, I plan to see the show many times.

PerfidiousRaoul
#151Josh Groban to star in The Great Comet of 1812 on Broadway in September
Posted: 4/24/16 at 9:04am

willep said: "PerfidiousRaoul said: "Weird that they chose to exclude 'and' on the poster, it just says Natasha Pierre the Great Comet of 1812. Maybe they are opting for just The Great Comet of 1812. Groban and Benton's costumes look awesome though!"

I thought that at first too, but there is an ampersand after "Pierre".

I don't love the glossy feel to the poster. I am partial to the rough around the edges logo from the off Broadway run. Regardless, I plan to see the show many times.

"

Ah I never noticed that after Pierre! It's kinda bugging me now haha. I agree with the glossy feel of the poster though, I loved the off-broadway advertising for the show. This one feels much more royal though, which I guess is fitting considering Pierre's status.

barbraboy19902
#152Josh Groban to star in The Great Comet of 1812 on Broadway in September
Posted: 4/24/16 at 10:06am

Does anybody have what span of dates will be released when tickets go sale? I'm looking to see this in March. 

PerfidiousRaoul
#153Josh Groban to star in The Great Comet of 1812 on Broadway in September
Posted: 5/1/16 at 5:14am

They've posted the seating charts and updated their website a little more! Staircases to the mezzanine should be interesting! Does anyone think they'll need a bigger ensemble for this? It seems like it's a massive house!

http://www.greatcometbroadway.com/

aaaaaa15
#154Josh Groban to star in The Great Comet of 1812 on Broadway in September
Posted: 5/1/16 at 5:22am

Wow, the seating chart looks very interesting indeed. Hope I get to see this.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#155Josh Groban to star in The Great Comet of 1812 on Broadway in September
Posted: 5/1/16 at 6:24am

Thanks for posting ....that looks pretty terrific.

I'm going to guess, that when they use the stage areas in the mrzz, there will be a duplicate scene going g on in the orchestra.

Yes, I would agree they might need a bigger ensemble than they had at the ART.  (Which, I believe, was already higher than off B'way.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos