News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Miss Saigon

Melicus Profile Photo
Melicus
#100re: Miss Saigon
Posted: 7/29/08 at 1:17am

I saw Miss Saigon yesterday at our Muny. Those of you who replied to my Eric Kunze question were right. I thought the whole cast was amazing!

Since the Muny is an outdoor theatre, they were able to do the most impressive "Fall of Saigon" I've ever seen. The back of the stage opened up where you could see the helicopter's lights as the GI's were evacuating. Then, a real helicopter emerged from behind the stage, hovered overhead, and flew off. The audience went wild! It was incredible!

Unfortunately, Mother Nature must not have been enjoying the show as much as we were, because a bad storm started brewing during the second act. Kudos to the actors who continued giving flawless performances despite flashes of lightning, rumbles of thunder, and people leaving.

About 10 minutes before the finale, they abruptly ended the show due to the storm. What a huge disappointment that was! Imagine being emotionally engrossed in a great book only to discover the last chapter is missing. :)

I'm sure the cast was disappointed too, especially since it was the last performance. I would have loved to have given them the standing ovation they so deserved!

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#101re: Miss Saigon
Posted: 7/31/08 at 2:38pm

That sucks! On a closing performance too...

I assume Eric can still pass for a young GI in love with a 17 year old Vietnamese girl...

BWNUT
#102re: Miss Saigon
Posted: 7/31/08 at 5:52pm

a REAL helicopter?? Wow! Would have loved to see that. Also, what did I tell you, that Eric guy is one of the best Chrisses ever.

eatlasagna
#103re: Miss Saigon
Posted: 7/31/08 at 7:48pm

eric kunze is excellent no doubt about that... but i will have to give the best Chris crown to Steve Pasquale... that guy had the perfect look and voice for Chris... and had probably the BEST breakdown scene i have ever scene and heard... i generally get bored during that scene but dude made me want to cry!

maggiwun2 Profile Photo
maggiwun2
#104re: Eric Kunze Miss Saigon
Posted: 8/3/08 at 10:36pm

Eric looks 25 on stage and in person. I was privileged to see Miss Saigon at the Muny three times last week (luckily I missed the night they were rained out.) Each time he came onstage he made that vast stage seem somehow intimate. He was able to convey emotion all the way back to the free seats in that 11,000 seat venue. I can't wait now to see him in Evita in Sacramento. There are candid photos of him on the fansite: www.erickunze.blogspot.com

trav08 Profile Photo
trav08
#105re: Eric Kunze Miss Saigon
Posted: 8/3/08 at 10:59pm

I want this show to be revived so bad. I just got into the music, I love it so much.

"right up here is where i store the juice."

Videos