News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Norm Lewis

fizzthelibertine
#25re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 11/21/08 at 9:35pm

I LOVE Norm! His voice is amazing and hearing he's a nice guy is rad. There's not enough love for him.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#26re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 11/21/08 at 11:40pm

I bought the download off cdbaby - the first three or four tracks I heard are awesome! Not so sure I like his arrangement of Wouldn't It Be Loverly, but Before the Parade Passes By is FANTASTIC.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

it'sjustshowbiz Profile Photo
it'sjustshowbiz
#27re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 11/22/08 at 12:04am

I'm loving Wouldn't It Be Loverly! I was skeptical at first, but it is very sexy.

Barnaby151
#28re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 11/22/08 at 9:29pm

Just downloaded the CD, sounds amazing so far

Barnaby151
#29re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 11/22/08 at 9:50pm

And a duet with Audra! wow

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#30re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 11/22/08 at 10:39pm

I met and chatted with him at the stage door after a performance of Little Mermaid here in Denver. What a nice guy and I would marry him in a heartbeat. Oh, and yeah, what a great voice! I will buy this cd.

Just give the world Love.

fizzthelibertine
#31re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/1/08 at 9:13pm

Did anyone go to the release party?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#32re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/1/08 at 9:24pm

It's just starting in a few minutes. Had it been the $15 most of the Joe's Pub shows I've been to recently I would have gone. I just couldn't justify the additional $15 plus food/drinks with other things I have coming up right now. Hope it's awesome!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#33re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/1/08 at 9:47pm

I like that he covered "Go The Distance" from Hercules, that's a very good song.

it'sjustshowbiz Profile Photo
it'sjustshowbiz
#34re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/2/08 at 12:58am

I was at the concert. It was wayyyy to short, but he was ah-ma-zing!

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#35re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/2/08 at 2:59pm

Have y'all seen "Seth Rudetsky deconstructs Norm Lewis' CD"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASwLgSqY0IM I love the way he says he's 'obsessed' with everything that Norm sings.

My friend jokingly said to me the other day, "I bet you daydream that Norm Lewis will rescue you from all this and ride into the sunset on a white seahorse." Not quite, but I do love his voice.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

willep
#36re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/2/08 at 11:50pm

Wow thanks for that, Schmerg, the clips he plays in that video are FANTASTIC!!!

WholeLottaShakin Profile Photo
WholeLottaShakin
#37re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/4/08 at 3:47pm

Does anyone else have a review/report on the Joe's Pub gig on Monday? I really wish I had been there... I bet it was a-MAH-zing as well.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#38re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/4/08 at 6:17pm

Thanks for the CD info. Yes, he's an excellent baritone!

On current recordings, I'll add his King Triton's songs in Little Mermaid CD. "If Only" (Quartet)is particularly quite touching.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#39re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/4/08 at 6:22pm

And I love his "The World Above (Reprise)." It's a really short, kind of blah, song, but his vibrato and the rhythmic way he sings it just makes it awesome.

I'm STIIIIIIIILLLL the KING HERE! My WOOOOORRRRRRD is LAW! This FILTH! YOU! BRING HERE! Is the FIIIIII-nal STRAWWWWW!

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#40re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/4/08 at 6:26pm

Yes, Schmerg, I completely agree. "The World Above Reprise" showcases his amazing vocal talent. Excellent song. In "If Only (Reprise)", he truly encaptures the emotions of a father finally letting go of his daughter.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley
Updated On: 12/4/08 at 06:26 PM

Dollypop
#41re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/4/08 at 10:24pm

There's no doubt that the guy has a good voice, but a compelling stage presence he's not.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Q
#42re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/5/08 at 2:38am

DP - I was going to post the same thing. I've seen him live, and the voice is unquestionable. BUT, very little else came across to me. I might enjoy a CD, if a producer were able to create some sort of environment around his voice. Other than that, he leaves me cold.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#43re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/5/08 at 2:41am

Which song does he duet with Audra on?

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#44re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/5/08 at 11:05am

^I believe it's "All The Things You Are", but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"Wishes come true, not free..."
Updated On: 12/5/08 at 11:05 AM

lucydee Profile Photo
lucydee
#45re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/5/08 at 2:44pm

Norm Lewis will be at the "Tommy Reunion 15th Anniversary" show at the August Wilson Theatre on December 15th.
He was in the original Tommy on Broadway and will be performing with the original cast at the concert.

I cannot wait to see this show!

Feel the Love - Les Mis

fizzthelibertine
#46re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/26/08 at 11:18pm

I just bought his solo CD and I am obsessed with "All The Things You Are." Audra sounds gorgeous, as usual, and they sound so fabulous together.

I was totally surprised to hear him sing in Spanish in Its Not Unusual but he did a good job.

Chrysanthemum62001
#47re: Norm Lewis
Posted: 12/27/08 at 12:01am

*sighs* I think Norm Lewis is the chocolate Hercules. And I LOVE chocolate! Really, his voice is quite possible the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Videos