News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!- Page 2

Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!

daisybeetle Profile Photo
daisybeetle
#25Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 11/13/15 at 10:21pm

Got tickets for July. I feel lucky.

iluvtheatertrash
#26Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/14/16 at 1:09pm

Just coached someone going in for a standby audition. The side was of a very beautiful song for Elizabeth Arden. Stunning lyrics too. Looking forward to hearing more of this score.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#27Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/14/16 at 2:02pm

I totally forgot about this musical happening. I love Grey Gardens, I hope I get to see this!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

broadwayboy223
#28Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/14/16 at 2:09pm

iluvtheatertrash said: "Just coached someone going in for a standby audition. The side was of a very beautiful song for Elizabeth Arden. Stunning lyrics too. Looking forward to hearing more of this score.

"

Are you a voice teacher? 

Updated On: 2/14/16 at 02:09 PM

ChiTheaterFan
#29Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 5:01am

FYI you can get early access to tickets tomorrow at 10 AM CT online using code "lipstick" (or by phone starting at noon). 

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#30Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 5:21am

This is transferring right? There's no way it can't be transferring. This is perhaps the most exciting new musical, based on the creative team alone, in a very long time. Not to mention my favorite 9/11 truther Miss Ebersole. And of course Patti. I'd see both of them in anything. 

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

iluvtheatertrash
#31Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 9:08am

No word on a transfer yet, but I imagine that's the plan. 

broadwayboy223, I consider myself more of an audition coach than a voice coach. I help prepare cuts, teach sides, etc. 

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#32Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 9:37am

CindersGolightly said: "This is transferring right? There's no way it can't be transferring. This is perhaps the most exciting new musical, based on the creative team alone, in a very long time. Not to mention my favorite 9/11 truther Miss Ebersole. And of course Patti. I'd see both of them in anything."

Both LuPone (in her call with Blake Ross at BroadwayCon) and Ebersole (in this interview for NJTV) said the hope and plan was to transfer.

I just read Lindy Woodhead's book in preparation for seeing this, and while I'm not sure what the structure of the musical will be, these two ladies were so interesting (and also assholes). It's going to be a great one.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#33Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 1:06pm

Booking my flight to Chicago so I can make this...it is going to be a DREAM to see them on stage together!

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#34Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 2:53pm

Not since Mary Martin and Carol Channing did Legends have there been two such divas together providing so much fodder for fireworks.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#35Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 3:19pm

Is Ebersole really a 9/11 Truther? I don't see Patti putting up with the typical truther personality.

I guess if she got along with Debbie Winger anything is possible!!

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#36Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 3:29pm

Oh boy. Look it up. There are videos of her rallying, a video of her singing for a family who lost their son to 9/11 with a ten minute speech about "the truth" before she sings, and she also is very against the TSA because of this reason. It's horribly entertaining to watch someone so talented act like a child. I love her though!! Even loved her Ado Annie.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#37Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 3:34pm

Wow yeah, sounds like she's crazier than Little Edie herself!

I'm a fan of this old punk band called X. I can't be a fan anymore because the lead singer says Sandy Hook was a hoax. Sandy Hook truthers are the worst of the worst.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#38Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 4:13pm

ChiTheaterFan said: "FYI you can get early access to tickets tomorrow at 10 AM CT online using code "lipstick" (or by phone starting at noon). "

Thank you! Does anyone have any seating advice for the Goodman? I'll be making my first trip to Chicago for this and don't quite know what to expect tomorrow in terms of availability.

ChiTheaterFan
#39Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 5:30pm

There really isn't a bad seat in the house. (Well the boxes may not be great but I've never sat there). I've sat in front row and rear mezz and all were great. It's not a big theater. The seating chart actually makes it look bigger than it feels. 

Updated On: 2/18/16 at 05:30 PM

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#40Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 5:33pm

ChiTheaterFan said: "There really isn't a bad seat in the house. (Well the boxes may not be great but I've never sat there). I've sat in front row and rear mezz and all were great. It's not a big theater. The seating chart actually makes it look bigger than it feels. 

"

I was also wondering about this...thanks for the information! Can't wait. :)

ChiTheaterFan
Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#42Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 7:01pm

Thanks for the info! That's good to know.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#43Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/19/16 at 11:07am

Just bought front row center seats to this! I don't care if it's too close, I gotta be there for this.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#44Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/19/16 at 1:27pm

couldn't look at the tickets til now, looks like most weekend dates are selling very well already (unless they're holding back seats)

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ChiTheaterFan
#45Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/20/16 at 12:05am

I wonder what percentage is subscribers. I am a subscriber for the first time this season. The Goodman is a joy to work with!  I neglected the calendar after my tickets got lost in the mail and realized I missed a ticket. They comped me for a future weekend performance! 

Not every show is great (ahem feathers and teeth) but I'm so pleased with their customer service. 

Just got my tickets to this in the mail!!!

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#46Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 2/20/16 at 7:56am

I got my tickets yesterday and am thrilled to be going! Even if, for one of the performances, I'll be sitting in the boxes! Not the greatest seats....but I'll be there anywhere.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#47Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 3/16/16 at 5:39pm

Has anyone heard much more on the development on this or have any updates? I'll be seeing it in July, but I'm dying with anticipation! :) :)

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#48Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 3/17/16 at 9:38am

The Goodman's website has videos with Michael Greif, Christopher Gattelli and Scott Frankel, where they discuss the musical's development. http://www.goodmantheatre.org/Upcoming-Season/War-Paint/

What confuses me, though, is that everyone keeps saying the show is funny. I guess it might be, but when I was reading Lindy Woodhead's book, I was under the impression that Rubinstein and Arden didn't have much of a sense of humor.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

theaterdrew Profile Photo
theaterdrew
#49Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!
Posted: 3/17/16 at 10:03am

Got tickets for the second preview.  Not my preference but that was the only date that worked with my travel schedule.  I hope it's funny, although not in a predictable "ambitious women being catty" style.

Videos