News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

RAUL ESPARZA?

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#275Adam and Raul
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:37pm

Lucky!! I think I might literally drop dead if I ever heard Raul and Adam sing it. But Raul seems more like a Roger than a Mark to me.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#276Adam and Raul
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:38pm

Me too. But he could do either, whereas Adam might not work for Mark. I'd DIE to see Raul as Angel.... just to see that goofy, silly side of him, while he can still do some serious acting in the same part.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BroadwayDiva
#277Adam and Raul
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:40pm

OMG, Raul as Angel would be heaven!!!!!! I'd love to see him in that santa dress with those 4 inch heels (Or however high they are), singing "Today 4 U". I don't think Roger and Angel sing anything together, though Adam and Raul

luvtheEmcee
#278Adam and Raul
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:41pm

I feel like maybe a line here or there, but no big songs.

BroadwayDiva
#279Adam and Raul
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:44pm

Yea. But just seeing them on stage together is great, so I don't really mind if they don't sing together that often (there's always the songs where the whole cast sings!!). Yes- the best show ever would consist both of them.

I'll finish this discussion tomorrow. 'Night!

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#280Rauly!
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:48pm

OHhhhh man so I just finished reading the few pages I missed of this thread and I would once again like to pledge my love to all of you for your incredible ability to amuse me beyond belief lol!! I don't even know what to say to this stuff except all this talk of handcuffs(which i had hanging on my dormroom wall all year), cheesecake, and whatnot has landed me another trip to an icy cold shower!

luvtheEmcee
#281Rauly!
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:50pm

I knew you'd enjoy.

insomniak
#282Rauly!
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:54pm

If Raul can do Rent, so can Adam! They're about the same age, right? So if Raul's not too old, Adam's not too old! I would love to hear Raul's Today 4 U.

luvtheEmcee
#283Rauly!
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:57pm

I think they're the same age... there birthdays are a day apart, too!

luvtheEmcee
#284Rauly!
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:58pm

*nods in agreement* That'd be fun.

insomniak
#285Rauly!
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:58pm

But Adam did say he'd only do it if it was all OBC... but I do believe I heard Wilson is in rehab, so maybe they could use Raul...

Rauly in tights!

luvtheEmcee
#286Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 12:06am

I would definitely sell both of my arms and legs to see that.

Thoroughly Modern Cara
#287Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 12:06am

oh lord...well we already know he can pull off the tights! I mean just look at the fishnets he's sporting in the lemon costume!

*drools over Emcee's icon*

insomniak
#288Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 12:08am

I would give my eyeteeth to see them again.

BroadwayDiva
#289Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 12:35pm

Yes- Raul as Angel would definitely be one of the best experiences ever!! They so need to do another concert, and have Raul as Angel!! And of course there's Adam, who is the best Roger ever!!

I'm still mad that he didn't A)win for RENT and B)get nominated for Aida and C)Raul not winning this year.

luvtheEmcee
#290Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 1:18pm

lol!
<--- is also still mad.
Judging by how broken-hearted I was when Rauly lost this year (great signature, by the way!) I don't know what would've come over me had I been a die-hard Adam fan in '96 and he didn't win. I mean, had Nathan Lane not been up for the Tony the same year, maybe he'd have it. Oh well... and the missing nomination for Aida? That was still back in my "Adam who? Rent what?" days, but I'd probably have been mighty pissed if I really knew who he was. Who was nominated that year anyway? And Rauly... I still haven't gotten over that yet. He lost, and I ate an entire pint of ice cream. I was very sad. Rauly!

BroadwayDiva
#291Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 1:25pm

We were all very sad when he didn't win. I started yelling at the TV going "NO NO NO!!!!" I was very POed. And Adam should have been nominated. Brian Stokes Mitchell (who is fantastic, btw) won that year for Kiss Me Kate.

Aida got robbed. It didn't even get nominated for Best Musical! It only won Best Score and Best Actress. How can it not get nominated????

And, as Michael Cerveris (I think that's his name- the guy who won for best featured actor) said, Raul will be up there some time in the future.

And Adam should have won back in '96. But Nathan Lane had to be up for it that year. Adam needs to win some time in the near future.

luvtheEmcee
#292Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 1:31pm

*gasp*
Imagine if one year, Adam and Rauly were up against each other. EEE!

BroadwayDiva
#293Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 2:30pm

*biggest gasp ever!!* NO! IT SHALL NOT BE!!!!

Maybe it'll be one of those rare occasions where there is a tie. How could one beat out the other? EEEK!!!! Or maybe one can be featured, and one can be lead, even though they're both leads. Blah.

Rauly would win. As much as I love Adam, Rauly would win it, b/c the people like him more. I mean, how could Adam not have been nominated for Aida? Those people don't like him (they're the only ones who don't like him!!) Wait- they don't like Rauly either. He didn't win for Taboo.

It'll be a tie, or neither would win. TIE!!

luvtheEmcee
#294Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 2:37pm

I think Raul's lost wasn't based on the fact that people don't like him, because they do. That man has hardly ever gotten a negative review. People just love him. Unfortunatley, we can't say the same for Adam.

BroadwayDiva
#295Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 2:42pm

I don't see why people don't love Adam as much as we do! If we were on the Tony committee, Adam would have won in '96, and Raul would have won this year. Oh, and Adam would have AT LEAST BEEN NOMINATED back in '00. That guy is incredible.

I was looking at that Raul and Adam picture again, Emcee. It's my favorite picture!!

Thoroughly Modern Cara
#296Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 3:23pm

I don't know what I'd do if they were both nominated in the same year! *gasp* I think I would have to go with Raul though...not just because I love him a little more...but talent wise as well!

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#297Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 3:50pm

o0o Adam and Rauly up against each other for a Tony. Interesting. I dont know how i would feel. I would probably remove all the TVs in my house that night and disconnect the internet so I cant find out who won. And would spend the rest of my life running out of romms with my hands over my ears singing loudly so i would never find out. I WOULD ask - did ONE of them win. If it is a yes .. i go "yay" and that is. If the answer is a no, i can ask more about who won and not have to worry about avoiding the subject until the day i die.

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

BroadwayDiva
#298Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 3:53pm

It would definitely be a great Tony watch if they were both nominated!! I'd probably pull money out of my college savings and go buy a ticket to the Tonys. Both of them performing.... AHHHH!!! I'd die!!!!

Oh yes- Phonebook the musical made my day, especially when I got to handcuff Adam and throw the cheesecake at Raul!! It's such a great show- I think insomniak is seeing it tonight.

insomniak
#299Rauly!
Posted: 8/8/04 at 5:35pm

Why yes I am, Diva. And I am secretly a Tony voter, too, so I will make sure that Pineapple n' Lemon get all the attention they need for their fabulous preformances.

If they were up against each other... HARD HARD HARD decision for me. I love Adam more, I am first and formost a Renthead, love his voice more, think he is better looking... *ducks objects being thrown by everyone else* But Raul is a better actor. He blows my mind. So I think Raul would deserve it more, but I would be rooting for Adam. Once I decide I like something, I'm very loyal and will defend it forever; I am very biased.

But he got robbed for Rent. As did Raul for Taboo. Give them both Tonys!

Videos