News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!- Page 2

Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!

MTRBOI24
#25re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 4:14pm

That's a question that if you want to know the answer either you or someone will have to ask the box office directly.

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#26re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 4:17pm

I'm not sure, but I don't see why not. It's 2 tix per person, so I would think you could get 1 for each on a Wed/Sat? If you can, I'd swing by the box office before you try and just ask them (if they say no, I'd say "but it's 2/person," and see what they say). I know when Wonderful Town did their preview special w/ 2 tix/person for $5 each, some people got singles for 2 different shows...not that that means anything. It's worth looking into though (though I don't know why you'd want to see it twice in one day, to be honest).

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#27re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 6:45pm

My friend and I lined up to get Wednesday matinee tickets at 5:30am... and there were already two people ahead of us, (actually wound up being 5 since the one person was holding space for three others who didn't turn up until 9:45am... *grumble, grumble*) If you want to see a show THAT badly, then I'd say YES... but SRO is definately not for the impatient.

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#28re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 9:11pm

I wonder if any of those in the SRO line read Reidel's column in the post

Waiting 6 hours is insane but when the stars (with exception of David Hyde Pierce) show their disdain by regularly missing performances, it makes it that much worse

When will people get smart. Oh well. No show is waiting 6 hours for - NONE

Poster Emeritus

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#29re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 9:39pm

I'm planning a Saturday trip, and I'd like to get tickets for both shows---I am bit obsessed with this show, being a Python fan from w-a-y back! Seeing it twice in one day would not bother me a bit, because in live theater, you never see the same show twice! Also, if I decide to try a lottery for another show, and don't use one of the tickets, I've still spent less than I would on a seat the way I'd normally would (plus I could make someone's day!) I did read the article, but after seeing the show already (Tim was out, Sara was there), I would only be upset if Michael McGrath was out---Patsy made the show for me, and John Bolton was wonderful (DHP was also a favorite, but it would be interesting to see what an understudy would do in that role after seeing Tim Curry's understudy perform so beautifully)!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#30re: Spamalot SRO Line... 6 Hours!!!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 10:16pm

In the height of the Rent obsession when the seats to get the front row at Rent were first come first serve, my wife waited for 4 days for tickets to the closing performance of Rent in La Jolla, CA. (The first stop of the Benny Tour).

The longest I ever personally waited in line was about 20 hours.

Videos