News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Why Does "9 to 5" Have More Credibility Than "Rock of Ages"? - Page 5

Why Does "9 to 5" Have More Credibility Than "Rock of Ages"?

BAHWAAA Profile Photo
BAHWAAA
#100re: Why Does '9 TO 5' Have Any More Credibility Than 'Rock of Ages'?
Posted: 6/6/09 at 2:05pm

Why does 9 to 5 have more credibility and a better tourist pull than Rock of Ages?

1. Dolly Parton is a beloved woman all over the world. This in it self can draw people to NYC from many parts of the world (not to say the SOUTH) Nominating this show would have been a smart financial move.

2. It was such a relevant subject matter that was not just prevalent in the 80's, but also reflects 2009 woman work base (the glass ceiling may not be as thick as the ?80 however it is still very much there.)

3. Single mom?s trying to do their best to make a good life for their kids, yet worrying about who will take care of them, am I a good mom, can I save enough for college, let alone can I pay next months rent etc? is all too familiar a scenario.

4. The married woman left by her husband for a younger woman, hello, happens every day. Many of these woman lack today"s skills to compete in 2009 job force. It doesn"t matter how many letters a woman may have after her name in degrees, if a woman has been away from the present work element for any length of time, it is much more difficult to compete with a man who may have less of a resume.

5. Anyone being judged by their looks and not for who they are , . . . well, that speaks for itself

6. And last but not least, how many of you reading this board have crappy good for nothing bosses who take credit for your hard work? What would you like to do to them to get even?

So are there any of you out there who can relate? If you?ve been there it does and says all the things one wishes they could do

IMHO it has much more substance in comparison to ?Rock of Ages?.

Updated On: 6/6/09 at 02:05 PM

Videos