News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10

Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10

Luckydave14
bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#1re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:02pm

You beat me to it by a minute. re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
I MIGHT actually have to go back and see Wicked again now.
-BJH re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10 Updated On: 8/31/06 at 02:02 PM

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#2re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:03pm

Good for her! re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#3re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:10pm

This is exciting... We'll be there on the 27th of October and can't wait!

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#4re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:10pm

I love Ana! This is so exciting! Now I really want to see it.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#5re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:12pm

Glad to hear this news, although I think Kate Reinders's contract is also up Jan 7 and the word on this board is so negative about her performance that I'm not sure about going again.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

enjolrasissex Profile Photo
enjolrasissex
#6re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:15pm

Kate will probably improve when Ana joins. They had amazing chemistry in Chicago.

Hopefully, after Ana and Kate leave, they will stop recycling performers and cast someone new.

Who's stoned? I am merely travelling incognito.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#7re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:16pm

Maybe Kate will be better once Ana joins. They are used to working with each other after all, so maybe they will feed off each others energy really well. Just a thought. It'll be interesting to see how the two leads who have previously worked together react in a different space.
-BJH re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#8re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:20pm

I'm sad I won't get to see Eden or Saycon do it. They are my two favs.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#9re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:27pm

Its only for 13 weeks though so maybe Saycon will get to go on.

But.........YAY for Ana. I'm really excited though that Shoshana and Meagan are joining the National Tour for awhile though.

Facebook...ME !!!

C is for Company
#10re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:28pm

Thank GOODNESS! I've been hoping for something like this for a while.

Yankeefan007
#11re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10

Saycon, I've heard, is leaving with Eden, Derrick, and Carol on Oct. 8.
Updated On: 8/31/06 at 02:28 PM

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#12re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10

i just got a mental image of her standing on stage cussing out all the little girls a la' Threepenny

#13re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:34pm

ooooh i might actually wanna see it with ana gasteyer!!!

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#14re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:34pm

folkyboy that was Cyndi who did that. And now I may have to return to see Wicked even though I promised myself I would never do such a thing.

mathewbrock Profile Photo
mathewbrock
#15re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:36pm

I'm thrilled. Ana was, by far, the best Elphaba I've seen in the role. Her acting is stellar and she's got some pipes, too. Maybe not as vocally strong as Shoshana or Eden, but it doesn't matter because the audience is so connected to her acting she could squawk onstage and make it believable. Her distinctive looks only add icing to the cake. CAN'T WAIT!

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#16re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:39pm

actually, if i recall Ana did her share of cuss/singing in Threepenny. especially with the karaoke track above her getting everyone to sing along :)

but yeah, the tracks i've heard of her doing Elphaba sound GREAT! i loved her in Reefer Madness

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#17re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:53pm

I'm really excited!! I've been waiting for this news for a looong time!! Christmas break, I'll be there!!

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

Maefae
#18re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 2:54pm

I'm so excited for this... I've been going crazy with waiting.. Good for Ana!

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#19re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 3:05pm

While I cannot believe that I am actually commenting on a WICKED thread I will say that this excites me. Ana is an amazing Elphaba and the absolute best one in my opinion. Very nice to hear the score sung and not screamed too. Not to mention that she acts the hell outta it too.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

TheBoyfromChi Profile Photo
TheBoyfromChi
#20re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 3:23pm

I can't say vocally how she is compared to past Elphabas, but I can say she won't disappoint if you have doubts. Her No Good Deed sent chills every time. Plus, her chemistry with Kate is wonderful and I am so happy those two will get to share the stage again.

"I hope you're all happy, keeping Alan off the team. Couldn't you, for once, open your minds and hearts and hear something that he couldn't see? I, for one, am glad that Alan is blind, so he can't see what, I am so sad to say, you can't hear." -Jerri Blank

AuditioningWaitress
#21re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 3:27pm

I'm not a huge Wicked fan, but would love to see Ana in it!

WiiCKED x3
vbplayer Profile Photo
vbplayer
#23re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 3:32pm

I saw Ana and Kate in Chicago. They were wonderful together.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Author Unknown

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#24re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 3:39pm

Congrats, Ana! I loved her here in Chicago and I'm glad she'll be able to show Broadway how wonderful she is in the role! :)

Videos