News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jarretSF

jarretSF Profile Photo
Member Name: jarretSF
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 May 10 2015, 08:57:42 AM

Nice!  Mine are TDF as well.  I'm more excited to hear Rebecca at the end than anything.

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 May 10 2015, 08:49:38 AM

I'm seeing this today, having only missed MCH, I've enjoyed every Hedwig I've seen, including Kevin Cahoon back in San Francisco.  I'm more nervous about the screaming Glee fans distracting from the show.  Has this been a problem?

Hedwig after Criss
 May 1 2015, 04:20:34 PM

Rip Taylor as Hedwig/Carol Channing as Yitzhak.

Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
 Mar 28 2015, 04:59:07 PM
Won for Fun Home tonight. Lost yesterday. Seems legit.
Fun Home Previews
 Mar 28 2015, 04:56:52 PM
Won the digital lotto for tonight. So excited.
It Shoulda Been You Previews
 Mar 22 2015, 12:11:43 AM
Saw this tonight, loved it for what it is, a fun, fluffy show. Audience was entertained, we all laughed, the twist was silly, but fun, and the cast really seemed to be enjoying what they were doing. It's not Sondheim and no it isn't high art, but sometimes a good old fashioned silly comedy makes for a fun night.
Jason Robert Brown is Working on a Musical Adaptation of A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN!
 Mar 14 2015, 11:06:41 PM
^^ only if Matthew Broderick plays principal Rooney.
Paper Mill Playhouse Reveals 2014-15 Season Clues! Can You Guess the Lineup?
 Feb 19 2014, 08:41:45 PM
For what it's worth, photo 1 is The Court or Miracles, on the backlot of Universal Studios Hollywood. It was a filming location of almost all of Universal's classic monster movies including Dracula, Frankenstein, and Hunchback.

http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/backlot/courtofmiracles.shtml

Book of Mormon Audience Response Lately?
 Dec 15 2012, 07:17:38 PM
It was the first weekend after Sandy I saw the show, looking back at my FB check in Nov 3 is right. KJ was great.

Book of Mormon Audience Response Lately?
 Dec 15 2012, 06:03:38 PM
Saw the show right after Sandy, it was the new Price standby's first performance, which I would have had no inkling of until Rory announced so during the Broadway Cares curtain speech. The audience was very involved and howling with laughter. Or maybe it was just me.
Teacher fired over Legally Blonde
 Dec 15 2012, 05:51:57 PM
Wow. I attended that school district from grade 1 thru 9. Fortunately for myself I transferred for my final 3 years to a nearby district with a truly amazing theatre program. Loveland was a very conservative community, and I was bullied and there were frequent gay taunts and slurs. While I know no one there now, this does not surprise me that some god fearing members of the community complained and cost this seemingly lovely drama teacher her job.
London Phantom star launches Twitter rant at fan over online criticism
 Jun 13 2012, 07:07:28 PM
Wow, I rarely post on here anymore but as a lurker I find Jordan's posts very entertaining, and knowledgeable. Just the right bit of sarcasm. It is only a message board. Hermajesty's comments are truly vile, and I cannot believe I read that on a theater message board.
Piano Bars
 Mar 8 2010, 05:43:18 PM
Maries is still there, was just there last week.
Carol Lawrence Interview-Original Maria West Side Story
 Oct 20 2009, 04:24:10 PM
Just came across this interview with Carol Lawrence, she seems like a sweet, interesting woman. Thought a few people here might be interested in taking a gander.

We Love Hair!
 Jul 20 2009, 10:08:01 AM
sgv123 - you asked about cast drawing names, and yes, John Moauro drew names for the Saturday evening performance this week, I was just observing the lotto as I already had SRO tickets. He was adorable though, as he is in the show.

And SRO was great, audience interaction with Steel and several others at the Top of Act 2,as well as throughout and Hud walked behind and smacked everyone's butts and said "Its an ass buffet!"

Better stage view than the lotto seats definitely, and yo

re: The 'Billy Elliot' of AMERICA'S GOT TALENT -- on now
 Jun 25 2009, 01:58:34 PM
Wow that was completely shameless cross promotion on NBC/Universal's part. Not that there's anything wrong with that, Shows like this have been placing shills in competitions as long as shows like this have existed...This season of Idol was no exception.

I would put good money on him going into "Billy" after America's Got Talent just so they can advertise having a Billy Direct from the hit NBC Show...

re: OBCR of Best New Musical
 Jun 9 2009, 02:47:31 PM
Yes, The LA Betty did not make the transfer to NY, and Alice took over at the Minskoff.
re: GUYS & DOLLS allegedly the next to close
 Jun 9 2009, 02:42:32 PM
Its now on top of headlines at the top of this page as well.
re: Family Guy/Follies Parody
 Mar 25 2009, 10:49:43 AM
This cracked me up when I first saw it - it's a few years old, from the episode when Quagmire moves in with the Griffins. They want him to move out,and Peter says something like," I can't toss him on the street like a prom night dumpster baby" that leads into the clip.
re: Love Never Dies: The Website
 Mar 18 2009, 12:55:45 PM
I am usually a firm believer in "wait and See" before bashing something, but WOW. This just sounds awful. Has anyone scene the casting notice posted on playbill jobs? It made me laugh hysterically.

1st rehearsal: Approximately August 2009. Opening Night: Approximately October 2009.
Casting Director’s note: “Due to the ambitious nature of this production, which will premiere in London and New York in the same season, exact opening dates and cities cannot be confirmed at this

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You