News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaygirl10

Member Name: broadwaygirl10
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lotteries-Hidden Fees
 Jul 14 2017, 08:19:10 AM

Basically, Telecharge lottos (socialtoaster, for shows in shubert theaters) and broadwaydirect lottos (shows in nederlander theatres) have no fees. Jujamycn lottos just give you a code, so if you go through ticketmaster you are subject to all their fees. 

BA 9 & 11 / Telecharge customer service
 Jul 7 2017, 06:27:52 PM

Does anyone know what the seat # is for the seats @ the "pizza table" (triangle shaped table with Bolkonsky's mistress) 

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2017-2018 Season
 Jul 4 2017, 03:57:33 PM

Anastasia has gone b/w already and Bandstand changed their playbill. I can't figure out to attach it here. 

What should I call it?
 Jul 4 2017, 09:17:11 AM

I usually call them _______ the show the movie. But that's not official. 

Odd orchestra locations/configurations
 Jun 29 2017, 01:04:55 PM

Come From Away has their orchestra behind the clusters of trees on both sides of the stage and they come out onto the open area of the stage occasionally. Bandstand has part of their orchestra under the stage SR (kind of next to that point thing) and the 5 onstage actor-musicians. The SITPWG revival had the orchestra onstage behind a scrim 

New DEH Standing Room
 Jun 27 2017, 05:56:26 PM

So DEH is switching to distributing its SRO seats through the lotto. The email they sent out was unclear about if they would continue to have normal seats. Thoughts?

Bandstand Rush Reports
 Jun 25 2017, 06:26:39 PM

broadwaygirl10 said: "My dad is waiting for me now and he got there around 9. He said there were 15-20 people in front of him. Will update with seat locations. 

"

OK, so I asked my dad to get second rush ($49) bc I was going with my cousin and it was her first bway show so I didn't want her to have a partial view seat. However, he said that there were $35 seats available when he got to the B.O. Our seats were good, second row mezz two of

Bandstand Rush Reports
 Jun 24 2017, 09:33:12 AM

My dad is waiting for me now and he got there around 9. He said there were 15-20 people in front of him. Will update with seat locations. 

Clearing up the foggy situation that is #PassarelleGate
 Jun 16 2017, 03:43:27 PM

Also, the Tony committee refused to let Dolly perform from the Shubert bc they didn't want to start a precedent of shows performing from their theaters. 

The New Yorker's
 Jun 10 2017, 07:03:59 PM

Malest Theatre Critic- Ben Brantley

Best Unoriginal Score - Dear Evan Hansen

Sweatiest Dance Belt- Ricky Ubeda (Cats) 

Horniest Orchestra- Cats 

Most Disappointing Onstage Nudity-Falsettos

Best Lighting of a Stage-Door Selfie - Not me

Best Ill-Conceived Revival of a Racist Musical - Miss Saigon

Best Cool New Play Based on a Dumb Old Play - The Present

Best Musical Based on a Book, Movie, or Trend

Yet another advice-seeking thread
 Jun 9 2017, 06:58:33 AM

Zoumiz, I'd go to show-score.com and search for the shows your interested in, then go the where it says "discounts" and "deals" (two different sections, but both give discount codes), find the best deal from there then, when you get to new york, go to the B.O (unless online there are very limited seats) and buy there (avoid the fees). 

Yet another advice-seeking thread
 Jun 9 2017, 06:57:43 AM

Zoumiz, I'd go to show-score.com and search for the shows your interested in, then go the where it says "discounts" and "deals" (two different sections, but both give discount codes), find the best deal from there then, when you get to new york, go to the B.O (unless online there are very limited seats) and buy there (avoid the fees). 

Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
 Jun 8 2017, 10:32:44 PM

Honestly, the best seats in the house are the front rows of the front and rear mezz, on the aisles in front mezz and behind the mini stage in rear mezz. SO in conlusion, yes go!

If you had to bet on Sunday's biggest upset, it would be...
 Jun 6 2017, 08:36:39 PM

The thing is at least to me, Rannells was good in Falsettos, but Uranowitz was incredible so i dunno

Jun 6 2017, 08:33:37 PM

@JudyDenmark, it could be that creel/steele split the vote I could see Uranowitz sneaking in for the win. I feel like it wouldn't be rannells or faist though 

Jun 6 2017, 08:28:58 PM

If Dave Malloy loses score to Pasek/Paul, I will be pissed. Mainly bc nothing is as ambitiuos, origional, or creative as Great Comet this year and to be honest Dear Evan Hansen's score sucks. It all sounds exactly the same. 

Theater Development Fund Member Rates
 Jun 3 2017, 08:06:35 AM

eman42, also on the TDF website you can search for shows and it will tell you if it's ever up for TDF. But yeah, TDF memberships are great!!

Pride Playbills are rolling out!
 Jun 1 2017, 07:21:06 PM

I feel like with the new design (no border) the playbills look way worse with the rainbow. Also, I feel like even though Betsy's cover is B/W it conveys the feel of the show better than Sara's did. 

Looking for a good broadway instagram
 May 30 2017, 02:50:18 PM

@humansofbroadway

Roman Holiday Previews
 May 27 2017, 08:48:07 AM

@KatVer The Kerr is open and looks about the right size for this. The Cort or Lyceum could also take it. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You