pixeltracker

Pride Playbills are rolling out!

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#1Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 10:34am

So far on Instagram I've seen Come From Away's ( https://instagram.com/p/BUxmO42jQZI/) and Anastasia's. (https://instagram.com/p/BUxnKS6gnTw/)

(I wished the latter hadn't switched their purple cover to black and white but I wonder what that depends on)

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#2Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 10:35am

ANASTASIA already switched to black and white? Seems like a cheap move. It's not like they aren't making money.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#3Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 10:35am

Yay, Pride playbills!!!

NOOO that Anastasia went black and white!!! That gorgeous cover was one of my favorites in color!

TigerBait88 Profile Photo
TigerBait88
#4Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 10:48am

Is it possible that they just went to black & white to emphasize the pride header? 

I'll also be bummed if it's permanent. If the change is forever, it seems like a cheap move like others said. Also don't get why Waitress is in black & white either. Both are making hand over fist money

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#5Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 11:35am

Waitress is out as well and it's in color! It looks so pretty. https://instagram.com/p/BUyIKs6BUYu/

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#6Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 11:41am

I hope The Playbill Store will sell the pride playbills like the last few years, because I would love to get my hands on the Waitress one!

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#7Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 11:43am

Here's a Playbill link with all the Pride editions. 

I'm very glad Great Comet didn't go B&W. http://www.playbill.com/article/rainbow-playbills-take-over-broadway-as-fourth-annual-playbill-pride-kicks-off

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#8Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 11:54am

Most of the B&W designs look terrible. Anastasia's is particularly unfortunate.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#9Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 1:06pm

Only slightly related question: Why does the Book of Mormon one still have the white frame-y thing (I'm a graphic design expert, as you can see) when all the other shows moved on from that format?

Notreallysilent 2
#10Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 1:40pm

The waitress one does look really well with it! I'm not sure why it is not part of that slideshow anymore, but before they included the picture of what the Betsy playbill will look like with the pride playbill. I'm sad they are going back to black and white once Sara leaves, it would look really good in color. 

Updated On: 6/1/17 at 01:40 PM

@z5
#11Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 1:59pm

I see nothing about what the playbill will look like after SB leaves Waitress. 

Alrhough I was there last night and was happy to see they had the June ones a bit early! They look soooo good. May have taken a few extras too :)

Notreallysilent 2
#12Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 2:01pm

I screenshotted it from earlier here it is: Pride Playbills are rolling out!

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#13Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 2:10pm

Why does Aladdin playbill say "SHOWBILL" instead of the usual header? It's on the playbill article reginula linked earlier.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#14Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 2:23pm

Valentina3 said: "Why does Aladdin playbill say "SHOWBILL" instead of the usual header? It's on the playbill article reginula linked earlier.

"

Any show at the New Amsterdam uses Showbill, because it allows Disney to control what ads are in the program. 

reginula said: "Only slightly related question: Why does the Book of Mormon one still have the white frame-y thing (I'm a graphic design expert, as you can see) when all the other shows moved on from that format?

"

I believe it's because it already has a white background.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

JustAnotherNewYorker
#15Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 2:43pm

Waitress was already using the pride Playbills yesterday

@z5
#16Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 5:51pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "I screenshotted it from earlier here it is: Pride Playbills are rolling out!

"Screenshot didn't come through. 

Notreallysilent 2
#17Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 6:46pm

Does it work now?

@z5
#18Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 6:47pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "Does it work now?

"...no

Notreallysilent 2
#19Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 6:50pm

Alright idk why it's not working, I just uploaded to drive cuz it'd bother me if I wasn't able to get to load it. Here's the picture sorry guys for it not working twice

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3oovFj0gS1wYmpTMnBENEczcUU

Updated On: 6/1/17 at 06:50 PM

@z5
#20Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 7:01pm

Haha there we go! Totally cool- 

I think it's black and white because they know they'll be taking a major hit in sales once SB leaves... I don't know how much longer it'll stay open. 

broadwaygirl10
#21Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 7:21pm

I feel like with the new design (no border) the playbills look way worse with the rainbow. Also, I feel like even though Betsy's cover is B/W it conveys the feel of the show better than Sara's did. 

VintageSnarker
#22Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/1/17 at 9:39pm

I hope Anastasia goes back to the color Playbill. Other than that, it's amazing how much the rainbow cheers up almost all of these shows. Even the ones that seem inappropriate (1984, Indecent, etc.). Great Comet is the only show I'm for sure seeing in June and I can't wait to get that Playbill. Like Miss Saigon, it's already a fantastic cover but it looks even better. 

I know it won't happen obviously but some of these shows would look better if they just kept the pride header. (Come From Away, War Paint, Groundhog Day, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) 

madela2
#23Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/18/17 at 10:09am

Any chance there will be pride playbills still around for shows on July 1 & 2?

Also, if you ask at various box offices would they just give you a playbill?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#24Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/18/17 at 11:37am

Every time I've just gone up to the box office to ask for a Playbill they've given me one.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#25Pride Playbills are rolling out!
Posted: 6/18/17 at 11:48am

madela2 said: "Any chance there will be pride playbills still around for shows on July 1 & 2?

Also, if you ask at various box offices would they just give you a playbill?

"

Usually theres a mix between the pride and regular playbills handed out at these performances. Last year I saw Book of Mormon July 2 and got a yellow, but 2 years ago I saw Curious Incident on july 1 and got a pride. Its all about how many playbills are used and printed I think

Videos