News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for willrolandsframes

Member Name: willrolandsframes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ohio State Murders to Re-Open The Jones  Jul 19 2022, 06:47:54 PM

Kenny Leon said at the Tonys Red Carpet that he’s directing this. It’s likely the 2nd of four Broadway productions he’s helming this season, the first being Topdog/Underdog.

Alice Ripley/next to normal in Barcelona  Jul 18 2022, 03:17:55 PM

Production is officially extended 2 weeks through August 14th.

You’ve gotta think this is transferring somewhere. Hopefully we’ll hear in the next few weeks where this thing is gonna head.

PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17  Jul 11 2022, 10:18:36 AM

Which show were we expecting to go into the Barrymore again?

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Jul 10 2022, 08:34:52 PM

None yet? Is that normal?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/3/22  Jul 6 2022, 11:40:04 AM

Where is Michael Riedel when you need him? Have we ever seen a show bleed money this much and continue to stay open? I remember In Transit a few years back was grossing absurdly low for several months after opening then finally gave it up right around Tony noms.

THE KITE RUNNER Previews  Jul 6 2022, 11:36:48 AM

Gonna be weird to see Amir as something other than Agent Mojtabai.

Who’s going tonight?

Alice Ripley/next to normal in Barcelona  Jul 6 2022, 11:35:48 AM

Show officially opens tonight. Do we think any reputable critics will offer a review?

Alice Ripley/next to normal in Barcelona  Jul 5 2022, 11:42:33 AM

threetwoone said: "There were some book changes, mostly minor. For example, the music recital in “Make Up Your Mind / Catch Me I’m Falling” was cut, as were many spoken scene intros to songs (ie. “McGyver of pot” intro scene to “Superboy and the Invisible Girl&rdquo”.

I personally won’t have the chance to cross the pond and catch this, but it sounds like this truncated book is far less about the family as a whole and far more about Diana. Cutting those two specific parts, along with cutting “Everything Else” shrinks much of Natalie’s character development and completely lessens the effect Henry has on her. 

I’m sure this production is phenomenal, but it’s coming across like this edited book is really a different show with a different purpose than Kitt & Yorkey intended. 

Altomare will lead new Sheik-Jarrow world premiere musical NOIR  Jul 3 2022, 09:05:42 AM

Show closes today. Has anyone been?

Alice Ripley/next to normal in Barcelona  Jul 1 2022, 07:40:26 PM

threetwoone said: "Wow. Wow. Wow. What an experience! I really have nothing but positive things to say about this production. The orchestrations were really stunning. Alice’s tony performance is really exactly what it was in the original production, and her voice is in perfect shape. Her I miss the mountains sounded exactly like on the cast recording. It was so clean and crisp.

The truncated version of the show was a bit strange because I’m so familiar with the

2022-2023 Touring Season  Jun 23 2022, 01:00:40 PM

I don't see either one posted here, so...

** NORTH CHARLESTON, SC - NCPAC **

HAMILTON - July 13-24, 2022

ANNIE - October 28-30, 2022

DEAR EVAN HANSEN - November 22-27, 2022

ALADDIN - February 22-26, 2022

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR - March 10-12, 2022

THE BOOK OF MORMON - May 5-7, 2022

No add-ons.

** COLUMBIA, SC - KOGER CENTER **

ELF: THE MUSICAL - November 8-9, 2022

HAIRSP

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/19/22  Jun 23 2022, 12:02:58 PM

Time to ask the silliest question of the day.

Is there any chance or possibility, even the slightest, that PHANTOM or CHICAGO could ever stop having an audience? Are these shows just gonna keep running forever? As Broadway continues to morph and change, could there be a reality one day where we say goodbye to one of them?

TOPDOG/UNDERDOG Will Return to Broadway This Fall with Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Corey Hawkins  Jun 14 2022, 05:17:58 PM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1153356

Based on what Kenny Leon said on the Tony's Red Carpet, supposedly this is the first of FOUR Broadway productions he'll be helming this year, including OHIO STATE MURDERS with Audra MacDonald, a TBD production this spring at the American Airlines, and the anticipated Broadway transfer of TRADING PLACES.

Kenny Leon directing 4 Broadway shows in 2022-23?  Jun 14 2022, 05:15:29 PM

Topdog/Underdog is official:

https://playbill.com/article/suzan-lori-parks-pulitzer-winning-topdog-underdog-sets-20th-anniversary-broadway-return

1 down, 3 to go...

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Tony Award Predictions  Jun 12 2022, 11:20:34 PM

One season of Broadway has come and gone, so let’s make some bold predictions for next year! Who are the early frontrunners? Who should we keep our eyes on? Are there any shows eyeing Broadway that are ripe for an award?

Let’s discuss!

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 10:21:49 PM

My wife does not watch musical theatre at all. Her jaw hit the floor watching Joaquina.

Kenny Leon directing 4 Broadway shows in 2022-23?  Jun 12 2022, 06:06:43 PM

Kenny Leon just said at the Tony Red Carpet that he has FOUR shows coming to Broadway next season, including a revival of Top Dog/Underdog and a new play about the Ohio State murders starring Audra.

Can anyone vouch for this being real?

Altomare will lead new Sheik-Jarrow world premiere musical NOIR  Jun 10 2022, 11:16:18 AM

Production photos and video

Did anyone go last night for opening night? Quite the interesting creative team of Sheik, Jarrow, and Tresnjak. Curious to hear thoughts!

Alice Ripley/next to normal in Barcelona  Jun 10 2022, 10:55:53 AM

Playbill released some production photos from Barcelona. Looks like it's still running through July 31st.

Link to photos

Has anyone gone to see this yet? Any reviews at all?

Be More Chill Off-Broadway Official Thread  Aug 3 2018, 06:04:13 PM

Well, I guess we now know whether or not this show is commercially viable.

I know they aren't looking at it for the short-term, but I guess now the conversation may begin for a potential transfer in the 2019-2020 season. Thoughts?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You