News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CoffeeBreak

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
Member Name: CoffeeBreak
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 4 2024, 11:26:29 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I’m thinkingSuffs winning Best Musical will be enough to get them Score and Book and Featured Actress"

Suffs isn't winning Best Musical.    Illinoise is.

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 4 2024, 11:21:17 PM

Agree.   Sarah should win this for her natural performance with great arc.   

Kara was good but OVER shot this with such an HAMMY (vote for me) that it felt false.   

On board and will be voting for Sarah

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 04:06:29 AM

Amber Iman SHOULD be the winner of the Tony. Whether or not that happens who knows... Sorry, Hell's Kitchen and boring Suffs -  She has the most material, the best vocal and acting of the supporting nominees this year, hands down. 

HELL'S KITCHEN Reviews  May 2 2024, 02:38:51 PM

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 2 2024, 05:35:49 AM

Wow. We caught Hell's Kitchen last night.   HOW was this nominated for Best Book?

It's one of the worst books in Broadway history. Simple - basic and no more than 20 lines before a song trying to create emotion and link songs to scenes.   It's embarrassing this book is nominated for a Tony.   The music in the show is fine if you like Keys - if not overtly "fixed" in sound design - but the book is painfully bad. 

77th Tony Awards Performance Predictions  May 1 2024, 11:33:27 PM

Awful.  Sung well but sadly NOT. GOOD.   

LEMPICKA Reviews  May 1 2024, 11:32:05 PM

As , not as great this is compared to the sh*tty Hell's Kitchen" --- this is better and the 2nd worst of the year.

77th Tony Awards Performance Predictions  May 1 2024, 11:21:50 PM

Saw HELL'S KITCHEN tonight.   It's THE WORST Book of the season and of SOME TIME.  REAAAAALY bAD.  We Still cannot believe it got nominated.  REAAAAAALY bAD.   BAAAAAAAAD,    15 lineS (AT MOST) then song to save it.  BAAAAAD!

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 1 2024, 11:11:03 PM

LOVED it at the Armory! We loved the open wide space of it all.   The St. James was an adjustment - ... It's the Best MUSICAL of the year.

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 1 2024, 02:13:38 PM

yyys said: "This is better on Broadway as far as orchestrations and staging. However, I miss Robbie Fairchild in the role of Clark. He was a much better dancer than the one currently playing it.....::sigh::"

You're not alone missing Robbie.  He was more powerful and those lines...

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  Apr 30 2024, 12:09:26 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "No acting noms for “Illinoise”. I’m GUTTED."

Yeah, an embarrassing for the committee.   But not surprised based on quite a few on the list. Small pool of people.   Way too much for Water For Elephants.

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 29 2024, 05:55:03 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Thegeneral lack of attention forIllinoisein the predictions so far hasme discouraged."

These sources are usually incorrect.  Some will be partially right but the actual nominations will come from people IN the business, qualified or not (and some this year are not, for many of these categories). 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 29 2024, 05:14:53 PM

jkcohen626 said: "MezzA101 said: "https://variety.com/lists/2024-tonys-awards-prediction"

Some interesting predictions that I think could come true. But, it's hard for me to not throw out the whole thing when you think Lempicka is getting musical, score, and book noms.

They also imply that Here Lies Love is eligible for Best Book (GoldDerby also has it available to select in making your own predictions). Did we ever get a ruling on whether or not it's eligible and who would even receive that nom?
"

Agree.  Some of these Variety and Time Out predicted nominations are off.  In past years, both have been pretty off with predictions.

The Lonely Few @ MCC  Apr 28 2024, 11:27:07 PM

The Lonely Few @ MCC  Apr 28 2024, 11:20:45 PM

How were the "stools with backs", stage level, on house left?  It seems those could probably see the Stage left scenes above the bar?

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 28 2024, 10:41:54 PM

Billy Tighe from Heart of Rock N Roll would be pretty perfect.  He was our favorite part. 

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)  Apr 28 2024, 10:38:42 PM

Probably a cast recording.  The extension didn't sell and there were plenty of tickets on TDF.

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 28 2024, 01:54:10 PM

Yes! I am hoping at least Gelb, Pigeon & Brill are nominated for Stereophonic.

Spamalot had better reviews than both Gutenberg and The Wiz.   Are we thinking The Wiz because it's still running... even with some mixed/bad reviews?  

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 28 2024, 01:28:02 PM

Imperioli was great and wonderful to see live.

Do we see any of the comedic musicals getting nominations?  We missed Once Upon a One More Time  and haven't seen Heart of Rock 'N Roll yet.

What are the best shots for these and Spamalot, Dance in Ohio ...?

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 28 2024, 01:08:06 PM

Probably best not to tell me what I think. We enjoyed him a lot as Ginsberg in "Kill Your Darlings" and "Equus".   I like that Potter is part of his identity, it's a good part of what's helped keep the show alive so we all can see this great revival.

Never said they were.  He IS a draw though for those who want to see Dan live and play a new character.  Producers and directors know that.  

Everything is subjective incl

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You