News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BentleyB

Member Name: BentleyB
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 23 2024, 06:59:17 PM

Apparently as a 65 yo gay man I am clueless.  What number was so fabulous that we as the big gay musical machine willed “The Outsiders” win the Tony for Best Musical?  

Pocahontas needs to be a broadway musical!
 Jul 18 2024, 07:32:55 PM

TheatreFan4 said: "Broadway Flash said: "I’m sure there was another girl named Pocahontas. It doesn’t have to be THAT Pocahontas"

You literally cannot be this dumb. You're a bit. You're an AI they created to drive posters insane.
"

Well, to be fair there was that adult version called “Poke a Hot …..”

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To the Forum film
 Jul 8 2024, 05:41:50 PM

Having been in the show on four different occasions and having seen professional productions (Nathan Lane was amazing) and amateur ones, it really is the director who can make the show come to life.  It is a bump and grind vaudeville show.  I agree the songs slow the show down, but they also allow the audience to catch their breath from the frantic pace of everything going on.  I love the show and would love to see a revival with Josh Gad and Andrew Randell’s.  The m

TOMMY To Close on July 21, 2024
 Jun 26 2024, 09:54:26 AM

I am also of those groups and we brought 10 people with us from age 13 to 66 covering pretty much every generation alive.   Only one person actually liked this show and he is 17 and a huge fan of Townsend and an aspiring musician.  For me, who grew up with the album and The Who, it was muddy and lacked anything to say.  I was truly bored out of my mind and could not believe they took “Shucked” out of the theater to bring in “Tommy.” 

Gunshots/Pyrotechnics/Loud Noises in ALADDIN & THE OUTSIDERS
 Jun 23 2024, 10:11:27 PM

I am assuming that you don’t have the ability  to get information from Telecharge or Wikipedia?   Wikipedia gives a point by point recap of the Outsiders at just a quick glance.  I don’t understand these continued questions when the information is at your fingertips already.  If you are that triggered, I would stay far away from The Outsiders. 

Slave Play. Not a movie. A play.
 Jun 23 2024, 01:07:32 AM

The documentary is so bad.  I tried, really, really tried to watch it, but about 15 minutes in I decided it was a waste of my time and just so cringeworthy.

Who is the Lead in Disaster!
 Jun 19 2024, 03:11:42 PM

Sadly I saw this during its Broadway run.  I don’t remember any of the male characters (or female characters) being the actual lead.  It all seemed like characters running around an inexpensive set with the purpose of singing 80’s disco hits.  I literally have little memory of it, except how much I hated every minute of it (and I do love Seth very much, but will always blame him for that 2 hours of torture.)

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 03:08:37 PM

verywellthensigh said: "I think there may be trouble in the River City of your mind."

Splinters in the windmills of her mind.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:31:37 PM

Someone call NPH stat!   I would even take James Corden at this point.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 08:23:51 PM

I have not wanted to see “Hell’s Kitchen” and that made me want to NOT see it even more.

The cost of performing on the Tony Awards?
 Jun 6 2024, 04:53:42 PM

JSquared2 said: "BentleyB said: "I don’t know the costs, but most of the sets for the Tony Awards are projections with a few set pieces recreated.

That is 100% false. Also, the OP requested actual knowledge -- not conjecture.
"

Ummm..sorry, but it is not false.  Look at the taped version of “Hadestown” performed at the Tony’s.  Projections in the back and some platforms the musicians sat on. &

Why Aren't Theatre History Classes Mandatory for High Schools?
 Jun 6 2024, 04:35:50 PM

I have a theater degree and did not have any history of the theater until I had to take an incredibly hard class in college.  I think it is the only class that I ever studied for and remember staying up all night to make sure I got an A on the final.  That said, the college did offer a theater appreciation class as a general elective.  Many non-theater people took the class as an easy “A” but found out it was a really difficult class to even get a B in.  Eventu

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 6 2024, 04:04:14 PM

Let’s bet that Pete Townshend shows up on stage for Tommy’s performance to give the impression he is in the show.   

The cost of performing on the Tony Awards?
 Jun 6 2024, 03:55:24 PM

I don’t know the costs, but most of the sets for the Tony Awards are projections with a few set pieces recreated.  The last time we went to the show in 2019, The only set piece brought on for “The Prom” was a very scaled down version of the bedroom and “Hadestown” had no set pieces, but the lights and a few platforms and to me didn’t resemble or represent the show at all. 

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
 May 29 2024, 10:23:33 PM

Luscious said: "BentleyB said: "Excuse me. Lea Michele and Beanie Feldstein would like to have a word with you."

🙄 You’re in desperate need of new material.

Honey, me desperate?? I ain’t sitting on here all day defending a guy who wouldn’t know you if you slapped him across the face and probably wouldn’t throw water on you if you were on fire.  Go back to your fantasy love affair with the nepo baby.

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
 May 29 2024, 10:08:07 PM

Luscious said: "EvanstonDad said: "Oof, looking at the ticket availability for this is actually painful. I mean I literally can't imagine who would want to see this guy in concert, and I would never buy a ticket myself. But still, it's hard not to feel for anyone playing to audiences as sparse as this."

I’m sure your heart genuinely bleeds for him. 🙄. I’ve never come across so many people who dislike an entertainer so much, yet conti

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 06:10:17 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "But we were promised LouisianaBayou Swamp Rose."

I had our NY apartment converted to an alligator pit so they could store her co-stars there. 

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 25 2024, 03:56:33 PM

Musical:  OBC of A Chorus Line, Great Comet,  Hadestown (in Previews), Wicked (3 weeks after it opened.)

Musical Revival:   Hello Dolly!  W/ Bette Midler and Pippin 

Play:  The Ferryman 

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 24 2024, 12:58:13 AM

First: OBC - A Chorus Line.  2nd: Bette Midler in Hello Dolly

Best Play:  The Ferryman

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 21 2024, 09:34:16 AM

I guess I am very happy that I didn’t see that revival of “The Gin Game.”   I was fortunate to see Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy in 1977 and it is truly one of the favorite plays I have ever seen performed by two amazing talents.It is amazing how casting affects a production.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You