News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BentleyB

Member Name: BentleyB
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The cost of performing on the Tony Awards?
 Jun 6 2024, 04:53:42 PM

JSquared2 said: "BentleyB said: "I don’t know the costs, but most of the sets for the Tony Awards are projections with a few set pieces recreated.

That is 100% false. Also, the OP requested actual knowledge -- not conjecture.
"

Ummm..sorry, but it is not false.  Look at the taped version of “Hadestown” performed at the Tony’s.  Projections in the back and some platforms the musicians sat on. &

Why Aren't Theatre History Classes Mandatory for High Schools?
 Jun 6 2024, 04:35:50 PM

I have a theater degree and did not have any history of the theater until I had to take an incredibly hard class in college.  I think it is the only class that I ever studied for and remember staying up all night to make sure I got an A on the final.  That said, the college did offer a theater appreciation class as a general elective.  Many non-theater people took the class as an easy “A” but found out it was a really difficult class to even get a B in.  Eventu

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 6 2024, 04:04:14 PM

Let’s bet that Pete Townshend shows up on stage for Tommy’s performance to give the impression he is in the show.   

The cost of performing on the Tony Awards?
 Jun 6 2024, 03:55:24 PM

I don’t know the costs, but most of the sets for the Tony Awards are projections with a few set pieces recreated.  The last time we went to the show in 2019, The only set piece brought on for “The Prom” was a very scaled down version of the bedroom and “Hadestown” had no set pieces, but the lights and a few platforms and to me didn’t resemble or represent the show at all. 

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
 May 29 2024, 10:23:33 PM

Luscious said: "BentleyB said: "Excuse me. Lea Michele and Beanie Feldstein would like to have a word with you."

🙄 You’re in desperate need of new material.

Honey, me desperate?? I ain’t sitting on here all day defending a guy who wouldn’t know you if you slapped him across the face and probably wouldn’t throw water on you if you were on fire.  Go back to your fantasy love affair with the nepo baby.

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
 May 29 2024, 10:08:07 PM

Luscious said: "EvanstonDad said: "Oof, looking at the ticket availability for this is actually painful. I mean I literally can't imagine who would want to see this guy in concert, and I would never buy a ticket myself. But still, it's hard not to feel for anyone playing to audiences as sparse as this."

I’m sure your heart genuinely bleeds for him. 🙄. I’ve never come across so many people who dislike an entertainer so much, yet conti

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 06:10:17 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "But we were promised LouisianaBayou Swamp Rose."

I had our NY apartment converted to an alligator pit so they could store her co-stars there. 

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 25 2024, 03:56:33 PM

Musical:  OBC of A Chorus Line, Great Comet,  Hadestown (in Previews), Wicked (3 weeks after it opened.)

Musical Revival:   Hello Dolly!  W/ Bette Midler and Pippin 

Play:  The Ferryman 

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 24 2024, 12:58:13 AM

First: OBC - A Chorus Line.  2nd: Bette Midler in Hello Dolly

Best Play:  The Ferryman

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 21 2024, 09:34:16 AM

I guess I am very happy that I didn’t see that revival of “The Gin Game.”   I was fortunate to see Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy in 1977 and it is truly one of the favorite plays I have ever seen performed by two amazing talents.It is amazing how casting affects a production.

Is
 May 20 2024, 06:39:30 PM

This is one of the most self-indulgent threads I have read in years.  Don’t like it, no one is holding a gun to your head making you go see “Wicked” or anything for that matter.  Is the theater like it was when I started going in the early 70’s?  Nope, but I have loved watching the evolution of Broadway over the years.  Have I loved everything?  Nope, but again, I am not the one writing diatribes about it.  

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 19 2024, 05:11:07 PM

I had forgotten about “Bullets Over Broadway” wow that was an abortion and in the 70s seeing a show with Bernard Hughes in the lead called, “Da”.  I could only understand about every 12th word because of the thick Irish brogue.  I think I slept thru Act 2. 

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 19 2024, 03:56:17 PM

I am not sure where you get your information from, but I have been informed by amazingly good sources that 3 former Mama Roses will be playing the strippers.  Bette Midler will be Mazeppa, Bernadette will be Tessie, and Patti Lapone will be Electra. However in the new book Mazeppa will be playing the kazoo.  

Need helping finding a monolouge for Herbie in Gypsy
 May 19 2024, 03:53:14 PM

I hear there is a new book for Gypsy which has Herbie as an alligator hunter in the bayou that sells gator bites to vaudeville theaters.  Perhaps you could contact Audra or Broadway Flash for the script. 

May 18 2024, 11:04:22 AM

“Paradise Square” still don’t know how I made it all the way thru.   But “Burn This” I couldn’t run out of the Hudson fast enough along with several other audience members at intermission.  I fell asleep at least 3 times in act 1. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 May 15 2024, 04:09:25 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I did not like the trailer at all. Everyone lookssad and depressed. The witches don’t seem like winners. And why on earth did they cast Jonathan Bailey in this"

If they look sad and depressed it is because Cynthia said they both are channeling a certain broadway flash off of Broadway World. Your comments are ridiculous as always. 

Broadway must ditch musical film adaptations for original stories
 May 14 2024, 06:30:19 PM

I love they use Chicago as a musical that went to the screen, when in fact Chicago is based upon a play, that was then made into a movie “Roxie Hart” that was the basis for the musical.  Ridiculous article.

The Historians, the Rape Apologists, and the Bolsheviks: The most absurd lines from Lempicka "critics"
 May 14 2024, 02:43:06 PM

rivermelody said: "dramamama611 said: "Honestly? If the show worked better I don't think the need to showit inaccurate would have been a thing. Their inaccuracies isn't what caused the show to fail - but it's a talking point.

Now go back to your front row rush seats and annoy the rest of the auditnece with your behavior.
"

I had a feeling someone was going to make that claim. While I am certainly a theater fa

Spring Trip Suggestions
 May 5 2024, 02:08:39 PM

12 of us went to see 7 shows in spring and all of us but one thought that The Outsiders was the best show that we saw.  The rumble is worth the price of admission.

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
 May 2 2024, 10:03:56 PM

I agree totally with the above and will add that when there is a movie adaptation that works, the stage actors are not imitating the movie actors and giving exact line readings of the film.  Casey Likes is not playing Marty McFly.  Casey Likes is playing Michael J Fox playing Marty McFly. Additionally, there was not one song that I remembered 24 hours after seeing BTTF.  It just feels like a total money grab much like  revival of The Wiz does (but that is another

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You