News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BentleyB

Member Name: BentleyB
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spring Trip Suggestions  May 5 2024, 02:08:39 PM

12 of us went to see 7 shows in spring and all of us but one thought that The Outsiders was the best show that we saw.  The rumble is worth the price of admission.

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  May 2 2024, 10:03:56 PM

I agree totally with the above and will add that when there is a movie adaptation that works, the stage actors are not imitating the movie actors and giving exact line readings of the film.  Casey Likes is not playing Marty McFly.  Casey Likes is playing Michael J Fox playing Marty McFly. Additionally, there was not one song that I remembered 24 hours after seeing BTTF.  It just feels like a total money grab much like  revival of The Wiz does (but that is another

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  Apr 30 2024, 05:58:54 PM

LuckyDipster said: "I was at work and I actually jumped for joy when Roger got his nomination because I adore that man so much. I guess you all think I'm nuts. Whatever. That man's work makes me very happy and it makes a lot of BTTF fans very happy. At the end of the day, Radcliffe is going to win and I won't be mad about it because I thought he was fantastic in Merrily."

“Mr. Dipster, I have a Mr. Broadway Flash on line 2 asking to arrange a theate

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Apr 30 2024, 10:24:56 AM

thirtythirtyninety said: "Tough morning for this production, Tony Nom-wise.
Almost totally ignored.

i hope the album is still happening at least?
"

I think it got one more nomination than it truly deserved.  I hated this production from beginning to end and thought hard about leaving at intermission.  It had nothing new to say and looked like a cheap roadshow or college production.

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 09:30:38 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Happy for Roger Bart, also wanted to see Hugh Coles. Complete shutout for heart of rock and roll?"

Hey, should I have that medical team I have on call for that “Heart attack” stand down?  I still don’t see the promised nominations for Casey Likes and Jeremy Jordan.  Hahahahaha.

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 30 2024, 04:46:45 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Somehow I don’t agree with that. I don’t believe they are as democratic as they claim."

Then why do you care or bother commenting on these threads?  You whine about the Tonys but really want your boy Casey Likes to be nominated, which is hilarious. 

The Tony Awards have lost the little credibility they had.  Apr 29 2024, 08:00:04 PM

You two should get married. 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 29 2024, 03:20:04 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Leading actress in a musical

kelli ohara, Gayle rankin, Shaina Taub, Maleah Moon, Eva Noblezada. I took out Eden for Hell’s Kitchen. I think Notebook will get shut out except maybe score.

leading actor in a musical

Jonathan groff, Eddie redmayne, Bryan Darcy James, Jeremy Jordan, Casey Likes. They might throw in more like Brody Grant. Didn’t they nominate 7 last year?
"

My eyes just sprained roll

Lempicka's Fashion @Opening Night  Apr 17 2024, 09:25:42 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "muscle23ftl said: "It was before 2012 indeed.

It's much more fun to watch my thoughts about Broadway now in case anyone feels lonely and wants some online company or if you want to have fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5fxsMIi95s
"

NOTES:

1. Get rid of the headphones. Makes you look like a tool. If you want to add a technical prop, have a microphone on a stand - those headphones make zero sense.

2. MIRROR YOUR PHONE CAMERA - so whatever you’re showing to your audience isn’t backwards.

"

RE: Notes:  Are you sure it’s just the headphones?

JK Rowling Concerns  Apr 16 2024, 07:05:58 PM

WhoCouldBeBlue said: "Of course people on here will be concerned, throw books away, hate her for her opposing views and disavow their love for Harry Potter.

How pathetic can you be when you completely erase a person because their opiniondiffers fromyours.

"

If that is pathetic, call me that.  I refuse to allow someone filled with hate of others to have one cent of my money or time. I have never been a HP fan, but I have seen the Cursed Chi

Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.  Apr 14 2024, 10:39:35 PM

muscle23ftl said: "I think Kimberly Akimbo is way below average, it was terrible. One of the worst things I have seen on Broadway, bottom 5. Painfully bad."

I find this thread, your opinions on shows and your commentary painfully bad.  

Debating between Gatsby and Outsiders  Apr 12 2024, 10:23:21 PM

The Outsiders

Rialto Chatter: Will OH, MARY! and JOB Transfer to Broadway?  Apr 11 2024, 08:53:17 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Idk, I was watching this last revival with the new cast thinking, I can see how this worked well off broadway. Theres nothing in there that screams it needs to be big. Theres no big choreographed numbers, no special effects, doesn’t need a huge cast."

I beg of you quit making comments like this.  Please educate yourself about this show and many others that you make ridiculous comments about. 

Favorite spots for Pre-Broadway Drinks/Dinner  Apr 11 2024, 06:16:18 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "

• Hurley's > Glass House (because you can actually hear yourself think)
  • Everyone seems to likeHaswell Green's
  • Dolly Varden (51/8th)
  • Hold Fast and Blue Lady on Restaurant Row
  • Valerie and its sibling bar are great for theaters closer to 6th Ave,but probably best not to show up without a reservation.
  • The Independent (40&7)
  • For a re
THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews  Apr 11 2024, 02:56:54 PM

Someone called it the “grit pit” for the first two rows.  

THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews  Apr 11 2024, 01:05:34 PM

VernonGersch said: "Okay, I am in. I want to see the show. For those that have seen - where are the better seats? Is second row Orchestra too close?

any advice would be so welcome
"

We sat first row mezzanine and thought to perfect especially for all the lighting and rumble. 

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 11 2024, 11:48:41 AM

I think it will have positive reviews.  We saw it the night it began previews and have not seen it since.  I felt it was incredibly strong for a first preview and hope it has only grown stronger.  Looking forward to seeing it again in June. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 10 2024, 02:12:36 AM

Broadway Flash said: "New York New York didn’t even have an out of town tryout and was fast tracked to Broadway. $$

Yes the quality of her work and productions can’t hold a candle to Back to The Future and The Great Gatsby.   I read these posts just to laugh at the nonsense this person brings every day.  It’s hilarious.

2024 Tony Awards  Apr 7 2024, 03:37:36 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Wow you’re forgetting key people like Jeremy Jordan, Casey Likes, Corey Cott, Andrew Rannells, Josh Gad. I don’t think Bourzgui is lead, is he?
I also think that the two guys from back to the future both get in Roger Bart, Huge Coles.
"

Casey Likes????  Will it be for Best Actor in a Musical imitating Michael J. Fox?  Does BTTF pay you in t-shirts?

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Seating  Apr 3 2024, 09:43:08 PM

We sat in the first row of the Mezzanine and it was perfect.  I do think you may miss a very few of the acrobatics.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You