News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for amiyagi

Member Name: amiyagi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SWEPT AWAY transferring to Broadway this fall
 May 17 2024, 10:12:38 PM

Robbie2 said: "amiyagi said: "So the Broadhurst or the Longacre? The Jones will probably be available too (Heart of Rock & Roll) and possibly the Golden if Stereophonic doesn't extend."

I heard Stereophonic will play out the rest of the year at the Golden as it will win the Tony for play. I bet it takes the Jones
"

I would be shocked if Stereophonic didn't extend.

That means Left on Tenth is going to the Longacre? I thi

SWEPT AWAY transferring to Broadway this fall
 May 17 2024, 09:21:21 PM

So the Broadhurst or the Longacre? The Jones will probably be available too (Heart of Rock & Roll) and possibly the Golden if Stereophonic doesn't extend.

R+J revival- which theatre?
 May 2 2024, 12:32:51 PM

chrishuyen said: "Didnt one of the early graphics mistakenly put Circle in the Square, which was taken out later?"

Yes it did. I keep a spreadsheet and it has this theatre with an asterisk since they removed it. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 Apr 30 2024, 12:58:19 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "ElephantLoveMedley said: "RippedMan said: "I think it'll be a giant night for Merrily, and Lindsey might lose to Bean."

Bean or Bebe?
"

Shoshana Bean isn't winning. Kecia Lewis has a better chance than she does, and, personally, she's my pick.

Lots to critique about Hell's Kitchen but Kecia Lewis' stunning rendition of Perfect Way to Die had me in tears. 

This

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24
 Apr 30 2024, 12:49:35 PM

I recognize it's in the 2nd biggest theatre but Gatsby being in the million dollar club with 5th lowest average ticket price is wild. 

Next week's will be interesting to see the impact of the Tony nominations.

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
 Apr 30 2024, 09:41:07 AM

JudyDenmark said: "Tommy was legitimately robbed. Nothing other than revival? No lighting, sound design, choreography, Ali?? I’m sad - I loved it so much.

I hated Tommy and am shocked at the lack of technical nominations especially lighting and sound. 

Surprised Justin Peck didn't get in for direction or Francis Benhamou didn't get in for Prayer for the French Republic.

Heartbroken Chip Zien didn't get in for leading actor in a musical

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 22 2024, 07:34:25 PM

Ensemble1713124420 said: "I think these look great overall but if Lempicka gets a nomination for Best Book I may never pay attention to the Tony’s again. Had a great time at that show but the book is a MESS."

They nominated NY NY last year and that book was atrocious. 

Samantha Pauly in Gatsby
 Apr 17 2024, 05:35:39 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "I saw someone on a different thread say they wanted the show to dial up the lesbian relationship between Jordan and Daisy? I think? Why does that need to be a thing? Was that ever implied in the original text?

Some readers/scholars etc have read Nick and Jordan as queer for decades. I would say the discourse focused more on Nick given his hyperfixation on Gatsby but it definitely did include Jordan. Having just read the book as for prep for seein

Have there ever been so many new musicals in one season?
 Apr 8 2024, 06:40:03 PM

Skip23 said: "On another note…have there ever been so many turkeys in one season?"

I do find it interesting how with this many new musicals there's not a single 'hit' or even front runner. In 2016-2017 there was Dear Evan Hansen and Come From Away. So far, nothing similar has emerged. 

Aronofsky developing a BLACK SWAN stage musical
 Apr 1 2024, 09:23:15 PM

jasmiinda said: "I'm still pretty new to Broadway, so excuse my ignorance, but are these workshops usually open to the public or just industry people?"

Just industry 

Aronofsky developing a BLACK SWAN stage musical
 Apr 1 2024, 05:51:31 PM

This is a film that makes sense to adapt for the stage. Malloy and Tayeh were enough to get my attention.

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Mar 20 2024, 03:26:19 PM

Anything for Hell's Kitchen? Or Suffs for after April 17?

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Mar 18 2024, 09:29:27 PM

ElphabaGoodman said: "Have heard this is going to the Palace in October, with Jessie Mueller starring"

*sigh*

just take my money 

What’s Next for the St. James?
 Mar 5 2024, 09:40:27 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Matt Rogers said: "Jelly is not transferring but look for a possible surprise limited transfer of something else from Encores mid summer."

I have heard Piazza rumblings, which I've chosen not to believe because that would be almost as financially-disastrous as moving Jelly.
"

Having seen Mattress, it was fine, but I found it considerably inferior to Into the Woods or Parade.<

Days of Wine and Roses to Close Early
 Mar 5 2024, 09:37:35 PM

Play Esq. said: "Actor/Actress in a musicalTony award just got a little more interesting."

Indeed. Jonathan Groff and Eden Espinosa are my top picks now. 

Obviously Redmayne is in the running but it feels like a boring choice. Cabaret typically does well, Emcee usually gets the Tony nod, he won the Olivier...vs one of Sondheim's biggest flops actually working and I find the production succeeds on Frank bordering conceited and selfish but still being l

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Feb 23 2024, 08:51:08 AM

SUFFS19TH works for Suffs up to April 17th

Anything for Hell's Kitchen yet?

THE OUTSIDERS On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Feb 22 2024, 03:28:44 PM

They must be bringing school groups to this? I'm planning a trip in May and was putting this down for a Wed matinee but they're almost sold out and don't love the idea of an audience full of teenagers. Did it once with a Phantom matinee and it was horrible. 

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Feb 21 2024, 04:10:51 PM

dramamama611 said: "Anything for Appropriate yet (at the Belasco)?

Or Water for Elephants?
"

MAIL still works for Water for Elephants 

Disney developing TANGLED stage musical
 Feb 14 2024, 12:42:08 PM

Surely they have Greatest Showman in the works as well. It seems pretty stage appropriate and it was featured as part of the Disney on Broadway series at Epcot's Festival of the Arts this year. 

Mondays in May
 Feb 14 2024, 12:39:45 PM

NEVER buy tickets from broadway.com but it's useful for picking a particular date and see what's playing.

Great Gatsby, Six, A Sign of the Times, Play That Goes Wrong and Chicago all have Monday night performances the first two Mondays in May.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You