News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Zingingtobway

Member Name: Zingingtobway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE WIZ Previews  Apr 5 2024, 11:50:14 AM

I wonder the same thing too... 

I saw it a few nights ago and I honestly want to see it again to see if any changes are implemented because they need to fix this show. Oy Vey!  While the talent onstage is immense, I feel like the creative team lacked vision and the laser sharp focus to really give this show the attention it needed. Where is the  Spectacle and the magic? It's Oz....  I saw Tommy last night and that staging and Theatre Magic makes The Wi

Dreamgirls at Goodspeed  Oct 6 2023, 01:25:46 PM

WOW! I just saw the post about Goodspeed's upcoming production of Dreamgirls this cast is insane. Could this be the production that transfers to New York?  I cannot wait to see it. Already bought my ticket.

Leslie Odom, Jr. sets Broadway return in revival of PURLIE VICTORIOUS, directed by Kenny Leon.  Sep 7 2023, 01:28:10 PM

Well being that Leslie Odom Jr. IS the international box office draw, It makes perfect sense to use him as the face of the Production. This cast is filled with Dynamic Actors in addition to Leslie's top billing.  I think this is more of a "Passion Project" than a Vanity one. I hope it has great success and I Loved the musical version of the show I saw at City Center some years back. So I am sure the play version will be just as good if not better. 

On That note,

ROCK & ROLL MAN to close September 1st  Aug 15 2023, 12:38:16 PM

It has an audience. The elder clientele love the show and remember the music and nostalgia behind it.

According to the Briefing, this is set to close September 1st with a national tour supposedly in the works.........

Color me skeptical of a tour of this doing well

ROCK & ROLL MAN to close September 1st  Aug 15 2023, 12:33:26 PM

Broadway Run? They need to focus on getting a smaller Off-Broadway house. I enjoyed the show but it needs a smaller space. Which will allow it to have a fruitful run. I can see the show being a success on the road but not having much success on Broadway. But hey anyone can dream.

Leslie Odom, Jr. sets Broadway return in revival of PURLIE VICTORIOUS, directed by Kenny Leon.  Aug 11 2023, 03:59:53 PM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Very odd that Leslie has built a career as a singer...and is coming back to Broadway in a play?"

Not Odd at all. Leslie has been working most recently in the Film &TV  arena so it's a natural progression to return to Broadway in a Play. I am excited to see him flex his skills in a play. 

R.I.P. Broadway Star Clifton Oliver  Aug 11 2023, 12:44:36 PM

Broadway has lost a bright Star. A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Oliver appeared on Broadway in The Lion King (Simba), In the Heights (Benny, opposite Jordin Sparks), Wicked (Fiyero) and in the National Tours of Motown (Berry Gordy), The Lion King (Simba), Rent (Benny and Collins), Ragtime (Ensemble).

His many regional credits included Pal Joey (Arkansas Repertory Theatre), Kinky Boots (Lola st

Rock and Roll Man  Jun 21 2023, 01:55:00 PM

I finally made my way over to New World Stages to catch Rock and Roll Man. I must admit, I was in the minority here in a sea of senior citizens. For them, Nostalgia, for me a younger person I was a little worried that it's target audience was Nana and them. But, I loved the show, The singing was outstanding and the cast is extremely taIented.  I learned alot  about a man ( Alan Freed)  often left out of the history of Rock And Roll who was the fulcrum of change. I thoroughl

Anyone seeing a first performance post-Tony win tonight?  Jun 14 2023, 05:35:20 PM

Correction **JHG responds to all of the above once it is approached with Love and Respect

The Who's Tommy @ The Goodman  Jun 14 2023, 05:23:59 PM

Has anyone seen The Who's Tommy at The Goodman in Chicago yet? I am looking forward to seeing it in a few weeks. I hope it returns to Broadway.

Alex Newell wants to play Effie!  Jun 8 2023, 11:34:39 AM

quizking101 said:Pass. Amber Riley deserves the first crack at it (she won the Olivier for goodness sakes) and Alex, historically, misses a LOT of performances

Casting Newell would feel like when they cast Beanie for FG and skipped over Lea…
"

First of all, I agree that Amber should have the 1st right of refusal to play Effie on Broadway. Being that the Broadway nod was supposed to immediately follow the London run but that didn't happen

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread  Jun 5 2023, 01:44:59 PM

The Marquis is a massive theater. I don't know if any of the shows that have played there recently were ever at full capacity. I could be wrong.  I enjoyed the show. There were some transitions that need tightening but the dancing is incredible and the show is a fun light evening at the theatre.

Rock and Roll Man  Jun 5 2023, 01:42:12 PM

Has anyone seen Rock And Roll Man yet at New World Stages? I am curious to know more about this show before I buy tickets.

Unpleasant theater audiences  Jun 5 2023, 01:40:43 PM

Recently at a Performance of Sweeney Todd. I was enjoying Act 1 along with the rest of the patrons of the theater. That includes laughing at the comedic moments. There was a young lady sitting behind me who was also enjoying the show and laughed at appropriate moments along with the rest of us. When Act 1 ended the woman who was next to me in my row turned around to the young girl and yelled " I wish you would find another way to laugh your laugh is obnoxious" At first, I thought th

SOME LIKE IT HOT To Launch National Tour Fall 2024  May 9 2023, 12:58:48 PM

No Love, It's a ploy to make money and strike while the iron is hot. With all of the nominations the show has received. It would be foolish not to announce the tour and start the marketing campaign. It's a great show. I hope all across America gets to enjoy it.  My concern are the idiotic states that have a ban on any shows that have performers playing opposite genders or non binary characters. I feel like outside of NYC/LA/CHICAGO & DC many of the smaller cities across Ameri

Goddess at the Berkeley Rep  May 9 2023, 12:48:44 PM

This Looks Incredible! I cannot wait for this show to finally hit a New York Stage. I think it would serve the production best to start Off-Broadway and then transfer to Bway/

Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer  Oct 3 2017, 11:51:04 PM

I do believe it is still happening. I will be curious to see who transfers to Broadway. I have my wish list. I would love to see Felecia Boswell as Deena. I read in previous post that folks think that role show be recast. If they do they need to cast Felecia.

Audra McDonald will be out of Shuffle Along for almost the ENTIRE summer  Sep 15 2015, 11:54:54 AM

It's very simple folks! She will be out for three months. You have been told in advance so if you want to see Audra you can purchase your tickets prior or post her 3 month hiatus. It is a very plain and simple. Audra has been performing all over the country with her concert series. So maybe it was a contractual commitment that she could not get out of. None the less the producers were forth coming with the information. They could have easily kept that information to themselves and cashed

A Trip To Love?  Sep 15 2015, 11:30:21 AM

Does anyone know anything about the show A Trip To Love that will open at Stage42 in a few weeks? I keep seeing video performance clips from the studio rehearsals but know nothing about the actual project. Is is a musical or a revue?

Musical Theatre Factory?  Sep 15 2015, 11:28:05 AM

Musical Theatre Factory produces great works by new and upcoming writers and composers. I have the pleasure of attending a reading just a few weeks ago of a new piece called GUMBO and was blown away. Great works are happening with this company and I look forward to seeing some of these pieces blossom and on our Broadway and Off-Broadway stages in the near future. Shakina and Staff Kudos  to you. I am glad I have discovered this company.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You