News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AuBrie

AuBrie Profile Photo
Member Name: AuBrie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Moment in a Musical That Truly Gives You Goosebumps
 Jan 25 2006, 12:52:02 AM
Definitly One day more and Finale of Les Mis(oddly enough I have seen les mis 4 times and each time there is a different/new moment that gives me goosebumps)
Your Daddy's Hands and then Coalhouse soliliquy ,also Night that Goldman spoke when Younger Brother sings "Wanting life but never knowing how til now" in Ragtime
very end of Caberat revival(is there anything more goosebump worthy then that)
quintet in WSS
Chava screaming Papa in/after "chavalla" in Fiddler
I'll cover you

re: Songs from musicals that are SO good, you'd consider having a gender op
 Jan 23 2006, 11:55:28 PM
Ragtime- Younger Brother's part in "He Wanted to Say" and "The Night that Goldman Spoke at Union Square"
RENT- "I'll Cover you(reprise)" makes me cry everytime
Bare- "The Role of a Lifetime"
West Side Story- "Maria"
Into the Woods- "No More" never met anyone else who agrees with me that this is the most heartwrenching song in the show.
Miss Saigon- "Bui Doi"
There are plenty more but those are the first that come to mind.

re: Piazza or DRS?
 Nov 16 2005, 12:56:16 PM
I feel that DRS while funny doesn't hold a candle to the beautiful melodies in Piazza. but I will take beautiful lush melodies over funny comedy anyday.
re: MICHAEL BALL LOVE THREAD!!!
 Nov 16 2005, 12:52:40 PM
I have to wholeheartedly agree with all of you. No one can sing Enpty chairs like him. I love Aspects simply because you get hear Micheal's amazingly beautiful voice. I also saw the ALW celebration with him singing. bought it simply to have Micheal's version of Gethsemene. truly amazing talent! (and very good looking of course)
re: Your One Song
 Mar 31 2005, 01:15:35 AM
I would have to say One Day More from Les Mis. What a great way to end a first act!! Always gets me so excited.
re: Ragtime in Los Angeles - Review
 Mar 7 2005, 01:45:11 AM
I saw ragtime on saturday. I was also very impressed with the show. The cast was wonderful. David Jennings as Coalhouse was exceptionally good. The only critism I had was that although I loved younger brother's(Matthew Rocheleau) acting I found his singing didnt have the excitement that the obc younger brother had. There was nothing paticularly wrong with his singing it just didn't have the energy that his acting did.
re: Top 3 Essential Musical dvds
 Jan 3 2005, 09:29:03 PM
my personal favorites are
West Side Story
Little Shop of Horrors

re: What revival are we ready for?
 Jan 3 2005, 09:13:39 PM
Ragtime
West side story
Secret Garden
Les Mis(I wasn't ready for it to close)

re: If you had directed 'The Phantom of the Opera'
 Jan 3 2005, 08:59:02 PM
First off definitly casting. Patrick Wilson did well enough with his part but Emma... Are we supposed to believe that a huge audience coming into see an Opera in the 1870's would clap for her singing voice. She sounded about 14 in "think of me" . Maybe they wanted her voice to be innocent sounding to conrast with Carlotta but please, She is singing the lead in Opera at least have her sound somewhat operatic. just a little.. I personally thought her acting was a little cliche. Too many "deer
Ten Favorite Musicals
 Dec 30 2004, 02:23:09 PM
The top 3 are set in stone...the rest change depending on my mood.

1. Les mis
2. Rent
3. Ragtime
4. Wicked*
5. Jekyll and Hyde
6. Little shop
7. West Side Story
8. Aida*
9. Into the woods
10. Cabaret(revival)
the ones denoted with * are ones that I have not seen my opinion is based off OBC recording

re: fun duet
 Dec 14 2004, 08:42:46 PM
"I remember it well" from Gigi is a funny one.
re: Favorite emotionally moving play?
 Dec 12 2004, 05:03:11 PM
I second Bang Bang you're dead.
my school did that play the year after I graduated. I went to see it and was in tears. Its a very difficult play to do but as long as you have actors that are very good at drama and a good director.

re: Ragtime book vs. musical
 Dec 11 2004, 05:26:51 AM
I think that Evelyn Nesbit is such an interesting character with her obsession with tateh and his daughter and her relationship to Emma. Although Ragtime is one of my favorite plays I was sad about the adaptation of Evelyn. Congrats on getting the part! Read the book if only because it is a great read.
Bush and his stupidity
 Dec 11 2004, 05:10:16 AM
I agree we need to fight this! I will be sending letters to Gerald Allen. Obviously he has forgotten about a lil thing called the first amendment. Why oh why do people like this closeminded and prejudice person that they call our president?
re: Tari Kelly
 Dec 11 2004, 04:02:10 AM
I have just seen the tour of LSOH tonight.(San Diego)
I was definitly blown away by Tari Kelly. Suddenly Seymore was incredibly amazing! I am a big fan of Jessica Snow but thought that Tari definitly was way better vocally and acting. Anthony of course was wonderful. the urchins also had great singing voices but I agree that their interpretation bugged me.

re: Favorite belter?
 Dec 11 2004, 03:44:52 AM
Linda Eder
Bernedette Peters
Ethel Merman
Patti Lupone
Frances Ruffelle

re: Cats
 Dec 8 2004, 05:35:10 PM
I saw it on broadway years ago...I was 10 at the time i think. I enjoyed it very much. It was a huge fun spectacle with some good music. Not a great musical but it was enjoyable live. Although I enjoyed it live, I dont listen to the recording and I watched part of the pbs special and hated it.
re: 4 years late but... Wild Party Appreciation Thread (offbroadway version
 Dec 6 2004, 05:07:27 PM
Love Wild Party! my favorite song is People like us.
re: 15 Essential Cast Albums
 Dec 6 2004, 04:39:51 PM
1. Les mis
2. Ragtime
3. rent
4. West Side story
5. Miss Saigon
6. Jekyll and Hyde
7. Wicked
8. The Wild Party
9. Jesus Christ Superstar
10. Aspects of Love
11. Aida
12 Cabaret
13. Into the woods(or anything Sondhiem)
14. LA Boheme
15. The Secret Garden

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You