News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lady_luck

lady_luck Profile Photo
Member Name: lady_luck
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HERCULES to Play the Public Theatre this summer!!  Feb 6 2019, 03:59:07 PM

I also suspect it will be Jelani and Ashley Park in the title roles. Did anyone else see the series of readings/worshops they were in together on IG stories? I think it would be a fantastic pairing, I wish I could see the production! 

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 27 2018, 12:07:22 PM

Had to pop on here to say that I absolutely LOVED this production. I know that many on this thread are not huge fans of the creative direction of this revival, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am a long-time Broadway fan, but have never listened to or seen this production before. I went in with zero expectations, and now have added it to my top 5 shows of all time. 

The talent in this production is ridiculous, every single voice is exceptional and I felt perfectly matched

NEW YORK $165 HamiltonTikts April-May 201Ii a8  Mar 6 2018, 01:46:23 PM

LesWickedly said: "I’d be careful. This has scam written all over it. A member who just joined to sell tickets to a sold out show for a cheap price just because they feel generous? Maybe I’m just a cynic with little hope in humanity, but be cautious."

Noted--thanks @leswickedly

Always cautious when it comes to Hamilton :)

Broadway during a storm. Free tickets.  Mar 6 2018, 01:45:19 PM

New to the city--can you explain what you mean by this? Do they give out unused tickets when a large storm keeps the tourists away? 

Thanks in advance! 

Broadway.com Hamilton tickets question?  Mar 6 2018, 01:35:18 PM

Super interested ask well, I just PM'd you!

NEW YORK $165 HamiltonTikts April-May 201Ii a8  Mar 6 2018, 01:28:41 PM

I am very interested in buying 2 of these extra tickets from you! I am going to DM you now. 

The Greatest Showman Broadway Casting  Jan 11 2018, 04:46:40 PM

My dream cast would be Jeremy Jordan as Philip and Stephanie Styles (Newsies, Roman Holiday) for Charity! I think she would be adorable, and her voice matches the score well. 

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews  Nov 17 2017, 09:55:44 AM

I saw this last night and absolutely loved it. From the moment I walked in I was mesmerized, it felt unlike any other production I have seen. Full disclosure: I am a relative new comer to the theater world, and am not familiar with the original source material. But I thought the production was spectacular, and the audience was entranced the entire performance.The staging made it feel intimate, and the use of light and sound transported me for the entire 90 minutes. There were t

Lion King 20th Lottery  Nov 15 2017, 04:57:53 PM

LxGstv said: "Stand by line is only for people that got an email saying theywere in stand by, not a general cancellation line..."

So you're saying people were notified by email that they received standby status? If so that's good to know, thank you!

Who do YOU think is broadways sexiest performer?  Nov 15 2017, 04:56:03 PM

Corey Cott anyone?

Lion King 20th Lottery  Nov 15 2017, 03:20:44 PM

Does anyone know if they are doing a standby line? I'm thinking about dropping by after work to see if anyone doesn't collect their tickets. 

Come From Away--Movie Adaptation  Nov 15 2017, 03:10:53 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "If Jenn Colella DOESN'T get to reprise her role, you might as well not even make the film."

I completely agree, I think her performance makes the show. I am interested to see who gets cast for supporting roles, as I think some of them might be replaceable. 

Come From Away--Movie Adaptation  Nov 15 2017, 02:56:41 PM

YESSSSSS it was just announced that Come From Away will be adapted into a feature movie! Any thoughts on casting? 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Stop-the-World-Broadways-COME-FROM-AWAY-Being-Adapted-for-the-Big-Screen-20171115

re: Your Top 5 LEAST Favorite Musicals  Nov 15 2017, 12:51:10 PM

1. Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat (saw it at the Kennedy Center)

2. CATS

3. Grease (the stage production)

4: Phantom of the Opera (current stage production)

5. Miss Saigon 

Lion King 20th Lottery  Nov 13 2017, 02:56:55 PM

Has anyone gotten tickets after the initial wave at 11:00am? Wondering if it's over or if I should still keep an eye on my email? 

Lion King 20th Lottery  Nov 13 2017, 09:46:01 AM

I did! I entered at the Times Square location and there was a long line, I waited for about an hour to enter. I am guessing my chances are probably pretty small, but I will update here if I end up winning! 

Hello Dolly SRO ticket on a Saturday?  Nov 10 2017, 12:14:05 PM

I am thinking of trying for SRO tickets to Hello Dolly tomorrow morning (11/11). Has anyone tried to get rush tickets lately? What time should I plan on being at the theater to have a decent chance at getting tickets? I am a new yorker so I can be there at any time.  Thanks in advance!

Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019  Nov 8 2017, 10:47:38 AM

...so when do tickets go on sale?? I would pay an arm and a leg to see Lin play this role again! I saw the OBC but he was out sick the night I saw it. Already looking at flights to PR...

Non-Disney Animated Films on Broadway  Oct 20 2017, 12:04:45 PM

BwayLB said: "Hello I'm a new member here on the Message Board and I like to start my membership with talking the trend of movies on Broadway. I have ideas for a few Non Disney Animated films that would be amazing for Broadway.

Quest for Camelot 

THIS! I have always thought that the Quest for Camelot soundtrack is one of the best of all time. This movie is DYING to be made into a Broadway show! Can you ima

What Happened To Roman Holiday?  Oct 16 2017, 11:32:18 PM

Has anyone heard anything recently about Roman Holoday transferring to Broadway? I know it was expected to transfer from San Francisco this fall but I can’t find any news or press releases since June. I love Stephanie Styles and have been excited to see the production when it transfers. Has there been any news? Are they working on securing a theatre for the spring? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You