News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for angelplays

angelplays Profile Photo
Member Name: angelplays
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chess in VA?
 Aug 12 2010, 07:45:25 AM
A typo due to tired fingers. NYC.
Angels in America Tickets
 Aug 11 2010, 02:05:22 PM
Yeah. I wanted to see them in order, so I ended up buying the $85 tix for a marathon day in January. The two of them together were more than I've spent on one show, but since it's for two, I figured it would be worth it given the material itself and those working with it.
Is there Gays on Broadway?
 Aug 10 2010, 07:56:44 PM
I remember when sock puppets had their meltdowns on Friday nights...
Angels in America Tickets
 Aug 10 2010, 07:47:03 PM
"Shoot, even if you had remembered to purchase the day the box office opened, you may not have received tickets in that time frame (I was 26th in line and had to get the tickets almost a month apart seeing Pt. 2 before Pt. 1)."

Matty's right. I was 11th (ish, hard to tell) in line and there was really nothing in October at all. They had a sheet with available dates highlighted and there was a big old nothing highlighted pretty much all of October.

Chess in VA?
 Aug 10 2010, 07:46:48 AM
Muscle, I see no one answered your question about getting from NYC to DC. The answer is it's as expensive as you want it to be.

Both MegaBus and BoltBus offer inexpensive bus fares from NTC to DC - can be as low as $1 each way plus $0.50 booking fee up to around $20 each way (the booking fee applies regardless of the price). The only time I saw it more than $20 was the weekend of Obama's inauguration.

Amtrak also offers a $49 each way price on certain times depending on ava

What show a must see?
 Aug 9 2010, 10:36:23 PM
Agreed TrpleThreat89!
What show a must see?
 Aug 9 2010, 09:59:33 PM
imho, Marin and Jason are not to be missed in next to normal.
Bloody Bloody TDF & Discounts?
 Aug 9 2010, 04:16:57 PM
You already know they're going to have a lottery. What more do you want? The closing date?
stars and understudies
 Aug 9 2010, 11:46:34 AM
"You will find it is much more the exception instead of the norm.
Sure it's "nice", but the leading actor is also giving up a sick, vacation or personal day to be "nice"."

Not to mention that if it's not handled properly, they can get in major trouble for calling out just to let someone go on. Yes it's happened, but in most of those cases either they kept it extremely quiet beforehand or they made arrangements with TPTB so that it was approved.

Ugh. Ryan Murphy wants to bring GLEE to Broadway.
 Aug 9 2010, 05:48:02 AM
Wouldn't it be a licensing nightmare to get the rights to do all of the songs from other shows? I would think that just the fees they'd have to pay would make it cost-prohibitive. The whole thing with Glee is it's NOT original songs but arrangements of songs from other actual shows.
Alice Who?
 Aug 9 2010, 05:42:51 AM
^I see the "unsure" bit more as a character choice than him really being "unsure". Jason's Dan is clearly at a loss as to how to help the woman he loves. When I saw them, he looked so heartbroken and his voice cracked at the sandwich scene, and it seemed like a conscious choice more than "Uh, what do I do now?"

Heartbreaking!

Alice Who?
 Aug 8 2010, 06:08:18 PM
I third you Jordan! I saw it last week and honestly haven't been that moved by the show since the first time I saw it at Second Stage. And even that paled in comparison to what I felt this week!
Chewing gum in the theatre
 Aug 6 2010, 01:00:04 PM
Helper dogs go through the same intensive training for being in public as seeing eye dogs. The specifics of the training depend upon which kind of helper animal the dog will be.
Chewing gum in the theatre
 Aug 6 2010, 11:45:52 AM
As Cape Twirl rightly points out, helper dogs are not pets. Nor are they only for visually impaired people or "people with social anxiety". Also, I have yet to see one that wears anything beyond the harness identifying what type of helper dog it is. They are used for severely epileptic people as well as people with various other disorders. To deny their person admittance based on the dog is to violate the Americans With Disabilities Act.
American Idiot Lottery and other rush/lottos
 Aug 6 2010, 09:35:33 AM
I can't speak for the rushes since I'm no longer a student in their sense of the word.

But the sidewalk has been packed for Idiot lottery every time I've walked by. Packed to the point where people have to walk in the street to get around them.

How much are the cheapest items at the BC/EFA Flea Market?
 Aug 6 2010, 09:04:52 AM
Just to clarify, the $25 for the table is for ONE of the hours. If you want people in different hours, it's $25 per hour - so say there were three people you wanted, but they were in three different shifts, you would have to pay $75 to get all of them.

I'd think we'll start seeing preliminary lists of the table and auction items soon on the BC/EFA site.

Time Stands Still or N2N?
 Aug 6 2010, 09:01:42 AM
My vote goes to n2n. Even if the tour is coming close to you, the new members of the cast are revelations. I've never seen it better than with Marin and Jason - even having seen it with Alice in the show.
How's the Next To Normal Lottery Lately?
 Aug 6 2010, 06:24:32 AM
^ They typically have a lotto losers' deal which is the $40 seats for those who play and lose the lottery. They usually start with the extreme sides close to the front, but I've also gotten great seats from it (front row mezz was the best I've gotten). It depends on what they have available.

Not sure what they have for people who set the lotto loose though. :P

Getting Backstage?
 Aug 5 2010, 11:34:04 AM
"its not about working people, its about working the system. If you know how to talk to people, and know the right things to say, then often times things work out in your favour.

No expectations, and therefor no regrets. You put your positive energy out to the universe, and the positive energy returns to you."

Wow...someone's been drinking The Secret kool-aid...

Official Signature Theater Appreciation Thread :-)
 Aug 5 2010, 08:05:33 AM
At work, I was unable to get on the internet that day because we were having server issues. I was unable to get through on the phone, and by the time I got home to my working internet, they were sold out. That's what happened with me.

But again, I am not unhappy with Signature! :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You