News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Orangesaretuesdays

Orangesaretuesdays Profile Photo
Member Name: Orangesaretuesdays
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 May 20 2023, 01:08:14 AM

I saw the show tonight. I thought Max was incredible, you would have never known it was his first performance. His vocals were incredible and the moment to moment acting was so honest. Physically very different than Platt, almost the whole show hit a little differently. Something I feel you see with Platt is how YOUNG Leo was when all of this went down. With Max it was more about WHO Leo was and the morals/standards. I was choking up throughout the show. Michaela called him back on stage and

Daniel Radcliffe returning to Broadway!
 Jan 16 2014, 06:32:25 PM
Loved it in London, thought Radcliffe was excellent as well as the rest of the cast. Would love to see it again in New York!
OUR best of 2013 lists
 Dec 10 2013, 11:10:53 AM
1. The Drowned Man: A Hollywood Fable (London)
2. The Cripple of Inishmann (London w/Daniel Radcliffe)
3. Merrily We Roll Along (London)
4. Once (London)
5. Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike (B-way)
6. Measure for Measure (Shakespeare Theatre DC)
7. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime (London)

Best Value: One Man Two Governors (in London) Ten pounds for a great seat and a really fun show. Dinner before the show cost more than the ticket! <

cast cd's of big fish and after midnight
 Nov 4 2013, 10:51:43 PM
I believe Big Fish is being recorded soon if I'm not mistaken. Good to have you back bryan!
Good dramatic, comtemp. Monologues
 Aug 29 2013, 10:27:13 PM
Finding monologues is a very personal thing. It's hard to suggest monologues, because we don't know you, your type, your strengths and weaknesses, ect.

Some use coaches for preparing for college auditions, MTCA is amazing if you can afford it.

But the main thing to do is go read as many plays as you can. Go to the library, and open a play, see if it has someone your type and age range. What you can also do is call the Drama Book Shop in NYC and tell them your info and

Play recommendations
 Aug 29 2013, 01:19:52 AM
Where has Tommy Flowers Gone, Cock, Tribes, and The Cripple of Inishmann
Harbour: Anyone Seen It?
 Aug 24 2013, 04:07:10 PM
I am friends with the actress playing the teenage girl, she is great. I haven't had the chance to see the show yet though.
Vanya Sonia Masha and Spike Rush lines
 Aug 18 2013, 08:47:14 PM
I went at about noon last Tuesday and got a ticket fine!
Two Songs From Love's Labour's Lost
 May 21 2013, 09:18:49 PM
< Well take that up with William Shakespeare who wrote the character that it's based on.
Superbia by Jonathan Larson
 May 6 2013, 09:03:24 PM
I've read various drafts of the show. (They're available for anyone to read in the Library of Congress in DC.) It's an interesting concept, but I couldn't see how it would work on stage. The set was described pretty elaborately and the dialogue isn't the greatest although there is a bunch of Musical Theater references throughout. I would have loved to be able to listen to some of the songs!
Big Fish Chicago previews
 Apr 7 2013, 11:15:44 AM
The fact that they are using projections just really turns me off to this. Especially a story like this, I feel should have colorful sets (not technology) and have a really carnival ensemble feel to the big production numbers. I also think it would be an interesting concept to not have the son sing until the end when he finally tells a story to his father. And I guess this is why I'm not the director, but thats just my thoughts.

Yeah, I really like the sound of the cast and the music I'

Performing Arts Colleges !
 Apr 5 2013, 04:15:04 PM
Go onto College Confidential, it'll have a bunch of info for you about different colleges. Theres two sections for theatre, straight and musical. I found it extremely helpful in making my list.
Orlando Bloom & Condola Rashad to star in Romeo&Juliet Revival on Broadway
 Apr 1 2013, 05:16:34 PM
Orlando Bloom was classically trained at Guildhall, one of the UK's top theatre programs, so I wouldn't say he's just a "movie star"
Broadway in Boston Will Announce 2013/2014 Season on March 11 (today)
 Mar 11 2013, 04:42:37 PM
Cought "Our Lady" earlier this year. Not one of my favorites, I can tell you that. I'm excited to see what ART is doing.
Most awkward moment you ever had in a theater?
 Feb 10 2013, 11:28:44 AM
For me, one of my most awkward moments was when I was Albert in Bye Bye Birdie at my high school. I was waiting backstage during "One Boy" as I was to make an entrance at the end of the song. I look around and I see this random kid I don't know, in my mind I was like "wait is he a techie, but he's not wearing black, then who is he?" but by the time I realized he wasn't part of the show in any way he had already made his way onto the stage. So while people were singing "One Boy" this random guy i
King Kong launch...
 Oct 7 2012, 10:57:02 AM
I thought the Rocky preview was better than this... The animatronic Kong looks cool though, the songs they chose were not so hot.
Theatre FAIL and sick thrills
 May 26 2012, 12:41:08 PM
Just opened Legally Blonde last night and had quite a few falls occur.

-During serious Elle got up and knocked over the table!
-During OMGYG One of the the girls fell down the stairs
-During Chip our Emmett tripped
-and when Enid gets out of the shower she also fell down three sets of stairs.

Everyone was okay though!

re: Cast Recording Flubs
 Apr 14 2012, 01:43:21 PM
< -.- very funny.
re: Cast Recording Flubs
 Apr 14 2012, 01:43:21 PM
< -.- very funny.
Dee Snider and Patti LuPone’s duet on Dee’s new Broadway album
 Apr 14 2012, 11:34:40 AM
This is awesome!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You