News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Chuck Lawrence

Member Name: Chuck Lawrence
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
 Apr 7 2024, 11:15:35 PM

Terrible production. Perhaps it’s best to leave the singing/dancing stormtroopers to Mel Brooks.

Lea Michele as Fanny Brice
 Sep 3 2023, 07:27:19 PM

It was absolutely thrilling!

David Cromer To Star in Hyper-Intimate UNCLE VANYA
 Jul 31 2023, 11:15:42 PM

I didn’t care for it. All the mumbling whispers in the dark at the end of the first act, painful! The second act got a bit better but I couldn’t wait to get out of there. Most chairs were reserved for notable actors, the rest of us got to sit on stools, very uncomfortable. No comparison to the superb, similarly “immersive” Soho Rep production with Reed Birney and Michael Shannon several years ago. 

The Comeuppance @ Signature
 Jun 29 2023, 11:40:28 PM

A seriously excellent new play.

Icke's THE DOCTOR Starring Juliet Stevenson at the Park Avenue Armory
 Jun 18 2023, 10:27:14 PM

It’s an astonishing performance and a thrill to see Juliet Stevenson on stage in NYC.

btw, can someone please correct the mispelling in the subject box of this thread?

Will Almedia Streetcar Transfer to Broadway?
 May 7 2023, 12:22:05 AM

I thought this production was terrific. Great performances and yes - Paul Mescal Paul Mescal Paul Mescal. But the real standout for me was Patsy Ferran. I thought her Blanche was original and mesmerizing. Whereas I’ve seen quite a few actors tackle the role, from Jessica Lange to Gillian Anderson, a common problem is that they enter at such a high pitch of hysteria they have nowhere to go for the duration. Patsy Ferran’s performance was beautifully modulated throughout. Some of he

Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Apr 12 2023, 12:03:15 AM

I also could not see the final moment. What happened?

MERRILY will transfer next falli
 Mar 23 2023, 11:11:34 AM

Got mine - Saturday matinee early October, side Orchestra towards the back - $200. It took a while but code, etc. all worked fine. 

Advice needed for upcoming London trip
 Mar 4 2023, 06:17:54 PM

ABBA VOYAGE is mind-blowing!

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
 Oct 9 2010, 09:17:33 PM
THEATER QUEENS ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

a new NYMF entry?

I"m new to the board, enjoying the witty repartee :)
Sounds like work must be done, let the professionals do their thing, comes with the territory. I also bemoan the loss of "low priced previews" - it's a sad comment on today's commercial reality. Attending next Saturday, will be interesting.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You