News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gimmegimmelove

gimmegimmelove Profile Photo
Member Name: gimmegimmelove
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Your Tony Picks For Best Musical - the last 10 years
 Jun 10 2007, 10:13:18 AM
1997:
Titanic
(*Titanic, The Life, Steel Pier, Juan Darien)

1998:
Ragtime!
(*The Lion King, Ragtime, Side Show, The Scarlet Pimpernel)

1999:
Parade
(*Fosse, Parade, The Civil War, It Ain't Nothin' But The Blues)

2000:
Contact
(*Contact, The Wild Party, Swing!, James Joyce's The Dead)

2001:
The Producers
(*The Producers, The Full Monty, A Class Act, Jane Eyre)

2002:
Millie
(*Thoroughly Mode

re: Technical Issue at Drowsy 3/29/07 (spoilers ahead)
 Mar 30 2007, 11:33:06 AM
i was there the first time they forced an intermission. it was very well done and the improv was great! this was back in december.
re: Broadway on Jeopardy Tonight
 Feb 16 2007, 09:47:25 AM
David Walter goes to my school! hes amazing.
but i'm also friend's with ben's cousins.

<3

re: Tony Winner Lea Salonga to Join Les Miz as Fantine
 Jan 9 2007, 08:42:31 PM
of course, after i see les mis(Z) with 40 pack a day smoker, then lea salonga is announced.
i'd love to see her!

re: Kerry Butler in 'You're the One That I Want'?
 Jan 9 2007, 08:40:26 PM
that girl is one of my favorites/only one i liked.
i'm not to sure about this show still. i guess we'll see if there's anyone good in NYC.
and while i normally love billy bush, he should NOT be doing this show. so annoying.
<3

re: Thoroughly Modern Millie Non-Equity Nat'l Tour
 May 20 2006, 07:29:00 AM
I saw it last night and last friday. I am a HUGE fan of the show and have seen it now 8 times(5 on broadway,1 original tour, 2 non-equity). I went to this show to take my voice teachers and best friend because i had told them so much about it and wanted them to see what made me love theatre. I was thoroughly disapointed. (haha) i thought the production was "dumbed" down a lot inc. sets and dancing. I understand the reasoning for sets, and if not for seeing the show before, it would not have
re: RENT bloopers
 Nov 29 2005, 08:46:58 PM
i know someone mentioned the NYC 2005 banner hanging during one of the songs...
to me it looked like one of the olympic banners that were advertising NYC as an option for the olympics in 2009(?)
did anyone think that too?
<3

re: Hunter or Sutton?
 Sep 5 2005, 03:38:07 PM
while i'm in love with Hunter and will see him in anything. but sutton was my 1st broadway exeriance and will always be the best.
I love hunter because he's her sister. they're both amazingly talented though. so yay Sutton

re: Attack of Bway Fans- Ever been attacked in person for your love of a sh
 Aug 21 2005, 11:28:33 AM
i get that all the time! my friends know im broadway obsessed now so they tend to stay away from my cd's and just don't ask. whenever broadway's mentioned in a room everyone turns to me too. because im the ONLY one who likes it in my grade pretty much. i haven't had many "attacks" w/ certain shows i like except w/ my friend about wicked, before i liked rent, poto and jcs.

<3

re: Musicals Ringtones
 Aug 6 2005, 01:57:58 PM
wow i was just coming to ask the same question. i have t-mobile and can never find any good b-way ringtones!!!
<3

re: How many times have you seen a certain show?
 Jul 8 2005, 09:59:32 PM
Thoroughly modern millie-6 times!
what can i say? suttons worth the $$$
<3 misha

Best BFA Musical Theater Programs
 Jul 8 2005, 09:51:28 PM
i was wondering what people knew about marymount manhattan. my friend is going there in the fall and although im only going into 10th grade, I would like to learn more about it. Thanks!
<3 misha

re: Sweeney Todd in NJ
 Jul 5 2005, 10:55:17 PM
I saw it! my choir teacher took me to see it because she taught at that school and had friends/sung with a lot of people in the show. all i can say is WOW. I didn't really know Sweeney Todd so had nothing to compare it too except for "The worst pies in london" scene on PBS with Angela Landsbury. I was very impressed with the show esp. for this being their 1st show. It used to be an Opera company that was together for years, but then it kinda disapeared and died and out of it, came two new c
re: Applying for Interlochen
 Jul 2 2005, 07:33:08 PM
ooo the band teacher at my school went there and he really wants me to go there for voice.
Sorry that wasn't helpful at all, but i just felt like sharing!
<3

re: Musicals Represented in Non-Musical Movies
 Jun 28 2005, 01:52:46 PM
i know theres lots of movies with musical references i can only think of Saved right this second-they sing jesus christ superstar on easter!
not movies but Gilmore Girls makes a lot of musical references ex: 2nd to last show this season Lorali mentions wanting to seeSpamalot and paying a lot of money to get the tickets.

<3misha

re: Broadway on Regis and Kelly?
 Jun 27 2005, 09:39:50 PM
Hank Azaria(sorry if thats spelled wrong) was on Tony Danza a while back. I can't wait until the broadway week on regis and kelly!

<3misha

Camp Broadway
 Jun 19 2005, 05:26:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone here was going or has in the past been to Camp Broadway?!?

i am going this year-the 2nd week in July. so excited i can't wait!

re: Hugh's Back - Jackman to Host 2005 Tony Awards
 Mar 15 2005, 11:24:20 PM
nooo! i personally am not a big Hugh fan, and did not like him as the host last year...esp since he was up and won best actor. It needs a change. I think Billy Crystal would have been such a better choice

<3

re: James Fox' Broadway debut
 Mar 12 2005, 07:24:46 PM
I was really confused at first. I totally thought you ment Jamie Foxx. He sounds great though!
re: Interlochen summer
 Mar 12 2005, 07:22:02 PM
the band teacher at my school went to Interlochen and he really wants me to go or at least do summer camp. It sounds so cool, but i think i am going to wait at least a year
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You