News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

James Fox' Broadway debut

#0James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:01pm

British singer James Fox will be making his Broadway debut in the matinee performance of Movin' Out on the 6th April, he will also appear on the 9th April. James has been a life-long fan of Billy Joel's music and was thrilled to get the role. He has just finished touring, in the role of Judas, with the company of Jesus Christ Superstar in Britain. James recently performed the title track of Movin' Out at a recent gig , a few of us from jamesfox.biz are hoping to get to New York to see him do it for real in the show.
Movin' Out

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#1re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:03pm

Wow...it must be hard coming into the US as a performer with the name of James Fox.

#2re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:28pm

Why? What does that name mean to people in the US? nothing bad I hope!

jjdude2000
#3re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:33pm

I think it's just that it's very similar to Jaime Foxx. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

Grace: I just gave a quarter to a homeless man. I think it was Johnny Depp.

#4re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:48pm

Oh I see! If people do turn up and are disappointed not to see a Hollywood movie star, they won't be disappointed when they see/hear what they've got instead, James is a wonderful performer. There's a British actor with the name James Fox too.

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#5re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:49pm

how funny...that is why i clicked on it, i got confused. But this still sounds interesting....

Suzikane Profile Photo
Suzikane
#6re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/12/05 at 6:31pm

re: James Fox' Broadway debut

Hi Elaine, I know you're one of the lucky ones to go....wish I was going with you!! But I'm saving my pennies for my trips to the uk! I've also started a topic on this lol....and I also included a clip of James but a different angle! Way to to James! I've included an old piccie of James cause I think his hair will be like that when he's performing in the musical Suzette
My topic on James debut

gimmegimmelove Profile Photo
gimmegimmelove
#7re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/12/05 at 7:24pm

I was really confused at first. I totally thought you ment Jamie Foxx. He sounds great though!

***You see I think im falling for that crazy smile of yours***

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#8re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/12/05 at 7:37pm

lol yeah I thought you meant Jamie Foxx as well which would be awsome because he's such an amazing actor/singer but James Fox is also a great performer and I'm really looking foward to this. re: James Fox' Broadway debut

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

#9re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/12/05 at 8:23pm

Sorry for the confusion, I hadn't even heard of Jamie Foxx until all the Oscar coverage on the news and didn't realise how popular he is lol. Thanks for all the positive replies though, really appreciate the feedback from people who know what they expect from a Broadway show, I'm certainly looking forward to my first trip there.

jools Profile Photo
jools
#10re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/14/05 at 1:02pm

Hi James fans

Didnt realise you'd all beaten me it and posted on this site. I've just started another thread.

His fansite has loads of audio and video clips - even some fo him singing Joel numbers so peopel should get an idea of what he'll be like. Updated On: 3/14/05 at 01:02 PM

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#11re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/14/05 at 1:04pm

Yeah, I tried to put a link to this thread on your James thread, but for some reason, it wouldn't show up. Glad you found it, though! re: James Fox' Broadway debut

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#12re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/14/05 at 2:51pm

Is this a permanent run or is he just going to be at 2 performances, which would be strange.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#13re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/14/05 at 3:12pm

He hot....and not at all shy about showing off his nice, hairy chest! :) Yummy.

Suzikane Profile Photo
Suzikane
#14re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/15/05 at 1:40pm

I think he'll play more shows...but these dates are for sure..and this was in his calendar...

He might be doing Houston Texas....but he also got some commitments going on..he's going to the falklands at the end of April doing gigs for the troops...(26-04/04-05)..

But we'll keep you updated...ready for another hot piccie...!!

Suzette

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#15re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/15/05 at 2:00pm

Growl...Yummy.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

Suzikane Profile Photo
Suzikane
#16re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/22/05 at 6:04am

Hi everyone,

Here's James'version of She's got a way...this was recorded last sunday...during his website party in Cardiff...!

This recording will stay online for 5 or 6 more days...

Suzette

She's got a way Updated On: 3/22/05 at 06:04 AM

Suzikane Profile Photo
Suzikane
#17re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/23/05 at 6:56am

Hi guys...

He left us a message on his website....and I've enclosed a BJ medley...done during his website party...this will only be available for a few days!!
===============================================

hey,
Just finished reading through all of the cards and messages from sunday night, and i would be lying if i said that they didn`t bring a small tear to my eye!!!i am so lucky to have your continued support,it means so much to me,and once again i was completely overwhelmed by sunday night.it was incredible.so i just wanted to come on and say thanks.
Hope you all had a great time and enjoyed cardiff, thanks for all the gifts etc, you guys are so generous.loved my birthday presents(didn`t expect me to wait until my birthday did you)!!!!off for a quick shopping spree before i go tomorrow and the ipod stuff is awsome.x
So,i will be in touch from america,and will keep you updated.....lots more stuff in the pipeline too!!!!!look forward to seeing those of you that are able to make it out to new york,and look forward to seeing you all when i get back from the falklands! busy month or so.
Really cant wait to start this movin out show...its a dream gig for me as i`m sure you are aware.so take it easy...i have to go practise. lots of love james x
======================================================

Suzette

James doing a BJ Medley

iluvtheatertrash
#18re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/23/05 at 9:50am

A beautiful voice *and* a beautiful face to go with it. Perhaps a reason to actually go see this.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#19re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/23/05 at 9:52am

Wow, is he good looking!

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

Feodor Sverdlov
#20re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/23/05 at 10:26am

Is this guy related to James Fox who played Jimmy in the film, THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE?

scooter3843

Suzikane Profile Photo
Suzikane
#21re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 3/23/05 at 10:55am

I don't think so..as it's his artist name....!

Suzette

Suzikane Profile Photo
Suzikane
#22re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 4/2/05 at 5:19pm

Oké guys...here's an update from the man himself...
====================================================
New York New York

It`s a hell of a town by the way!
anyway, hey all,just thought i would pop in and let you know that rehearsals are going well,the taxi drivers are crazy and the cast and crew are lovely.the band is awesome by the way!! i mean seriously, these guys are among the best in the world and michael c is just unbelievable, makes the show look effortless....and believe me it definately isn`t!the dancers are unreal too...its as great show.
looking forward to wednesday....and also to meeting up with everone thats coming over!! how cool. gotta go and watch the show now, will keep you posted..later james x
========================================================

Suzette

Suzikane Profile Photo
Suzikane
#23re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 4/5/05 at 6:18pm

The first foxettes have arrived in NEW YORK...can't wait to hear from them..they are going to tomorrow's matinee....sooo I do hope thats they find an internetcafé!!!!!!!!

Suzette

Suzikane Profile Photo
Suzikane
#24re: James Fox' Broadway debut
Posted: 4/7/05 at 4:12am

Apparantly he was amazing...and just like BJ..!!!

Here's a photo of James taken by one of the foxettes...

Suzette

Videos