News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TonyaFanatic

TonyaFanatic Profile Photo
Member Name: TonyaFanatic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jake Gyllenhaal as Seymour
 Apr 15 2015, 09:29:50 AM

"Jesus Christ.
IT DOESN'T MATTER!  They're doing this for Ellen Greene! Who do you think they should cast next to her? Another 64 year old?  Obviously, they're asking you to believe she's playing it 30 years younger. I honest to God can't believe the stupidity in this thread over something like this."

Thank you. This was starting to annoy the **** out of me.

Jake Gyllenhaal as Seymour
 Apr 14 2015, 03:17:19 PM

Can we talk about the pure, unadulterated, holy-**** singing that Tracy Nicole Chapman, Ramona Keller, and Marva Hicks will be doing on that stage? Like...I'm not ready. 

Brandy joins CHICAGO
 Mar 24 2015, 12:54:23 PM
She can sing her ass off. I'm so excited to hear the blue notes she'll dig up in that score. Her "Funny Honey" is gonna be brilliant.

The Color Purple Announcement Today
 Mar 18 2015, 02:07:57 AM
....yea ok. I guess some of your best friends are black too right?

Mar 18 2015, 12:30:48 AM
Well, it's my "opinion" that your "opinion" stems from the ideology that black expression (Hip-Hop music, R&B, Soul and other genres) is generally inferior music that doesn't require much prowess to compose. Poorly produced how? Do you even know how a hip-hop song is supposed to sound? Do you even know who produced it? I very much doubt it...
 Mar 18 2015, 12:01:32 AM
Explain to me exactly how "Glory" sucks. I bet not one of you can with any iota of objectivity. The hate is so real. "Everything is Awesome"? Really? The lyric, "One day/When the Glory comes/It will be ours/It will be ours.." is more powerful, socially relevant, and profound than most lyrics in pretty much the whole Hot 100. Black expression is here to stay guys! Get over it and give it the respect it's due.
 Mar 17 2015, 07:58:05 PM
"Glory" does not suck...you suck. Do not belittle the accomplishments of black artists because you don't understand the expression sweetie. "White guilt"? "Racism card"? Your post is dripping with superiority and privilege. Have a seat.

That being said, I do not believe it's racism to not be excited for this revival. The musical itself is really not a very good one. I think that accounts for the lack of enthusiasm. I am actually intrigued by John Doyle's scaled-down direction, the skim

Emma Watson to star in Condon's
 Feb 5 2015, 03:47:13 PM
We all forget that Ryan was on MMC in the 90s....singing Jodeci songs. I actually think he'd be a great choice for Beast. He is a fantastic actor.
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
 Dec 25 2014, 02:29:48 AM
Just got back from seeing the film...so good. I absolutely loved it. I'm not so good at writing reviews so I'll just rattle off.

Emily Blunt is brilliant. MVP of the whole shebang to me. She really is a stunning actress and the role is so closely associated with Joanna Gleason but she really made such interesting and beautiful choices for the character. I just loved her.

Meryl Streep of course was excellent. She goes there, she goes for it. "Stay With Me" gave me such chills. H

Dec 18 2014, 09:57:30 AM
You better educate sarahb22!

-
 Dec 4 2014, 08:59:19 PM
This is bad. I don't mind bad but I need people to at least go for it. No one is big enough. Christopher Walken's Hook is so sleepy and Miss Williams could be good but she needs to get out of here head.
 Nov 17 2014, 10:26:00 AM
I think Rapunzel not being killed onscreen adds a new layer to The Witch. If we think about the character of Rapunzel in the play, she is so mentally unstable that she abandons everyone: The Witch, her Prince, and even her children. We instantly see the consequences of these circumstances when she is killed by The Giant.

I think if Rapunzel is not killed onscreen and has a more ambiguous end, it creates room for more layered choices for The Witch. From the friends I have who have seen

INTO THE WOODS Oscar Campaign?
 Nov 9 2014, 11:01:29 PM
BOYHOOD was a really cool film. I think the script was really something and it will definitely be rewarded. I liked Ethan Hawke and I think it is totally possible for him to make it in there and get a second acting nomination. Patricia Arquette was lovely and she is the clear frontrunner right now. I personally don't agree with all of the hype but I have yet to see more performances to gauge if that hype is so well deserved or not.

I just saw WHIPLASH with JK Simmons and he is fantasti

INTO THE WOODS Oscar Campaign?
 Nov 9 2014, 03:51:42 PM
^ shrewd indeed.

The film is getting a pretty big campaign. Disney and Marshall are very confident in the work they've done. There are two bi-coastal screenings in a couple weeks so we should get a lot more early reviews.

I have several friends who have seen the film and I have heard it has visually stunning production and costume design (Colleen Atwood. 'Nuff said). The visual effects are apparently very convincing and tastefully done and the editing is a standout. <

Any Word on the AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY Film?
 Aug 24 2013, 10:24:19 PM
I guess I'm just not seeing what most of us are seeing. Meryl looks like she's going in once again. She's an actor who loves what she does; and what a delicious role for her to relish in. Awards are no true testament to anyone's work and without awards or any such trivial things I'm sure she'll put the work in like we've come to expect from her time and again.
Into the Woods Movie Cast
 Aug 24 2013, 10:17:59 PM
girl get over it. The script is written. The actors are cast.
Heather Headley performs
 Sep 6 2012, 09:56:38 AM
Felicia Boswell would be phenomenal in this role. I love Heather and think she's a rare, ferociously talented actress and singer...but this is DEAD ASS WRONG for her. The songs just aren't written for a voice like hers. Felicia would sing them in the correct keys and still set them apart from Whitney's.

I am hoping when it comes to the States an unknown like Boswell will be considered.

re: DREAMGIRLS at the Apollo Theatre on sale today...
 Apr 17 2009, 11:38:36 AM
a good friend of mine was just cast as cc....im so proud of him.
re: Beyonce and Hugh wanted for movie musical?
 Mar 27 2009, 07:42:41 PM
"I would hope that the girl who would play Aida would be a black girl. Beyonce is just too light for my tastes. Hmf.

JHud, ftw!"

what a stupid and racist post. i guess Jennifer's more "black" than Beyonce...ugh

re: 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Gospel in Atlanta
 Feb 2 2009, 10:31:01 PM
I want to see this show soooooo badly. I'm trying to get some stuff together to go down there and see it before it closes. I have heard spectacular things about it. I hope it comes to Broadway...the video below showcases some of the brilliant new arrangements of the score.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You