News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EllieRose2

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
Member Name: EllieRose2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Nov 29 2022, 01:18:55 PM

The costumes are just tatty. Also they probably should not use a song made famous by The Weeknd if they can't find anyone who can sing it as well. That was seriously hurting."

The costumes and the performers are both phenomenal during that number if you've actually seen the show. 

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Nov 25 2022, 06:49:47 PM

She was incredible, best parade opening in many years, in my opinion. I hope she feels better soon! 

Playbill leaves Twitter  Nov 25 2022, 06:45:37 PM

Considering it's a joke, it can be as absurd as she wants? Glad she is leaving. Twitter is just one guy now and no one uses it anymore anyways. 

Tonya Pinkins' Open Letter to Jesse Green  Nov 14 2022, 02:22:18 PM

In my opinion, this is a great letter. There needs to be more female and poc theater critics. Green had no business reviewing it since he will never fully understand it. 

ALMOST FAMOUS On Broadway - P/reviews Thread  Nov 4 2022, 01:46:44 PM

so when this inevitably closes in a couple months....

To assume that is foolish and negative. People go to shows for many reasons, and what the critics say about it is very low on the list. It just opened and I'm sure it will get a holiday boost. 

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade  Oct 25 2022, 10:59:32 PM

God, totally. 

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Oct 24 2022, 04:22:45 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "What a slap in the face to Beanie. I mean, I understand reviews and all, but still. So rude."

It's not rude. It's a business decision with a superior vocalist. It now makes sense to do the recording. Beanie has moved on, the production has moved on, perhaps you should as well. 

Megan Hilty’s Sister, Brother in law and Niece Dies in Plane Crash  Oct 19 2022, 08:53:59 PM

completely missed this devastating story, wow this is so unbelievably tragic. don't have much but I will help as much as I can so they can bring them home. awful. 

Lea Michele to Star as Fanny Brice in FUNNY GIRL starting 9/6  Sep 6 2022, 02:00:29 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Looking outside today, it appears it is in fact, raining on her parade."

Rain symbolizes rebirth and renewal. Often, a stunning rainbow and the warmth of the sun follow a gloomy hour of heavy rain. Rain is a sign of new beginnings, betterment, and hope.

Lea Michele, the Universe has your back.
"

What a great outlook. And you are

FUNNY GIRL Adding "I'd Rather Be Blue"  Sep 1 2022, 09:16:53 PM

Anyone stating this show is trash? Solution: Don't see it! heart

Ohio State Murders to Re-Open The Jones  Sep 1 2022, 09:14:51 PM

You stated this show is less than an hour, then couldn't even prove it in any way. So, the only person giving garbage information is you. And I can have a discussion without name calling because I'm not a child. 

Also, this production coming to New York this Fall is about 75 minutes, as stated by the Times article talking about this exact production. 

Have a great weekend, ya'll! 

Lea Michele to Star as Fanny Brice in FUNNY GIRL starting 9/6  Sep 1 2022, 02:11:05 PM

Wonderful article, thank you for sharing. I look forward to the new fall show "Funny Girl!" (I joke, I joke). 

Ohio State Murders to Re-Open The Jones  Sep 1 2022, 01:34:24 PM

Sources regarding the running time:

Concord Theatricals

NYT

It could be slightly shorter but suggesting it's less than an hour (as if they would cut 30 minutes off a 75 minute play is ridiculous). 

FUNNY GIRL Adding "I'd Rather Be Blue Over You" For Lea  Sep 1 2022, 01:27:43 PM

I love that song and have no doubt she can kill it. The little changes this show is doing might improve it but it will never be a great show, in my opinion. 

The Naked Cowboy  Sep 1 2022, 01:00:54 PM

Yeah, but you clicked on it knowing what is was. So, the brain cell loss is all on you.

Ohio State Murders to Re-Open The Jones  Sep 1 2022, 12:57:07 PM

Hello, the person stating this show is less than an hour long is wrong. The run time is 75 minutes. Just wanted to clarify that because people seem to be believing that false information. Take care, all. 

Gaten  Aug 27 2022, 07:07:24 PM

CurtainUpNYC said: "trpguyy saidL "Gaten is fine. He was doing what many in-demand TV and film actors do... filming."

I'm not sure who an earth you think you are trpguyy but I totally agree with 'blaxx' - if you are billed, there is an expectation that you will be on. Like I said, many patrons were asking for refunds and exchanges given that Gaten was off. I don't need you to inform me that he was away 'filming' thank you like you

'ALMOST FAMOUS' officially opens on Broadway this November  Aug 16 2022, 01:21:52 PM

The former artwork made me not want to see this. Them going back to the artwork they had in California was the move. 

STRANGER THINGS stage play in development  Jul 6 2022, 06:11:47 PM

They probably should have done this earlier since they're headed into their last season. An immersive experience will be really popular in my opinion. 

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Jun 16 2022, 05:03:56 PM

I would love that. Lea would be incredible in the part. Then everyone can forget the first six months of that production because YIKES. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You