News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for superiska123

Member Name: superiska123
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 22 2021, 04:32:29 PM

Honestly, the issue for me wasn't just that Ben Platt didn't look like a teenager, but that he didn't act like one either. His fellow cast members delivered more believable and effortless performances... Ben looked like he was putting all his efforts into appearing younger through mannerisms and then the other emotions and nuance came second.

I did enjoy his performances on stage immensely though, in both DEH and BOM. Just don't think his Evan really

Waitress Casting  Sep 21 2021, 12:07:43 PM

Honestly would love to hear Ruthie sing the songs from Waitress if not perform the role... And because she's also mentioned DEH in that interview, I could absolutely see her as either of the moms - she'd be fab!

Waitress Casting  Sep 8 2021, 06:56:40 PM

I feel like they'll almost certainly go for someone who already played the role (on Bway or Tour) or give Stephanie her well deserved promotion to lead...

If not, I'd personally love to see Lindsay Mendez, Jackie Burns or Caissie Levy (or really any ex-Elphaba for that matter).

And it's definitely not happening, but a country music star like Jennifer Nettles or Kacey Musgraves would've been very interesting to see... And perhaps somewhat ra

Best/Worst Celebrities that went onto Broadway  Jan 25 2021, 12:18:54 PM

Certainly not the worst, but I thought Billy Ray Cyrus in Chicago was really dull. As for the best (that hasn't been mentioned already) I'd say Brandy as Roxie in Chicago... The best I've ever heard the role sung, and she was hilarious, too.

Wicked film casting  Sep 22 2020, 12:28:34 PM
I personally assumed the the rumor was referring to Renee Rapp for Elphaba/Glinda. She seems age appropriate and has a very powerful voice.
Songwriter Cameos on Cast Recordings  Sep 11 2020, 07:08:45 AM
Sara Bareilles sings the "Sugar, butter, flour" theme throughout the Waitress cast recording.
Who are your Favorite Broadway Riffers?  Sep 9 2020, 06:28:53 AM
Shoshana Bean really is the very best when it comes to riffing. Her vocal control is insane, and her riffs are extremely precise without ever sounding grating or excessive.
Shows that bring up special guests from the audience?  Jul 23 2020, 10:03:48 AM

When JCM was in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway, he would often/always bring up an audience member or two for a special joke. 

Beetlejuice Musical's Future in Question After Broadway's Coronavirus Shutdown Extends Through June  Apr 10 2020, 05:39:33 AM
If I remember correctly, Alex Brightman *did* change the line to Music Man a couple of times towards the end.
Broadway Songs with twist endings  Apr 5 2020, 04:40:27 PM

PatrickDC said: "Would “Popular” from WICKED count? Glinda builds up Elphaba’s confidence through the song but ends with “Just not quite as popular as me.” "

This is interesting, because I always thought that was just a tongue-in-cheek line intended for the audience. I didn't consider it to have any meaning beyond that. But this is an interesting way to look at it, thanks for mentioning it!

"I Put My Hand In" from HELLO, DOLLY!  Mar 22 2020, 03:10:51 PM

It's the perfect first song for Dolly. When the song started, that was the moment I knew I was hooked when I first saw the show. It's so whimsical and tongue-in-cheek. Sure, other songs are perhaps more melodically interesting or more emotional, but that song perfectly captures the essence of the show — cheerful and playful and with some very clever lyrics.

New Betty Boop Musical Song  Mar 21 2020, 02:41:07 PM

DoTheDood said: "superiska123 said: "Perhaps Katharine is just helping her husband with creating songs for the musical, as far as I'm aware no one said she'd be taking the show to Broadway."

In the video she mentioned she stepped into help move things forward and had sung on some demos. That might not mean much, I just understood that as she is in consideration for the lead, possibly.
"

Fair enough! I didn't get the same impre

New Betty Boop Musical Song  Mar 21 2020, 02:13:36 PM

DoTheDood said: "I like the song and I feelKatharine McPhee is a fantastic actor, I am wondering if she is right for the role. I would imagineBetty Boop on stage would be more like how she is in the cartoons, squeaky and small.McPhee might be working towards how Betty Boop is often portrayed or Foster/McPhee might want to take the character in a new direction, I have no idea. No matter what, I am still excited forMcPhee possibly comingback to Broadway."

Perhaps Katha

Katherine McPhee on Broadway  Feb 25 2020, 01:17:07 PM

SporkGoddess said: "Ehh... I watched Scorpion and she wasn't good in that, either. Of course that was also a pretty bad show!"

I really, really didn't like her in Scorpion... But, as you've said, it was also a bad show. That's why I was even more surprised that she delivered such a heartfelt, nuanced performance in Waitress.

Also, just wanted to point out that Katharine has already done Annie Get Your Gun a while ago in LA, so she'd pr

Chris Evans in Talks to Play Orin in LITTLE SHOP Remake  Feb 24 2020, 03:25:32 PM
Had no idea about Billy either! He seems like a very good fit for Audrey II. I'm not too crazy about Chris Evans as Orin, but he might surprise me.

I'm also probably in the minority but I think Scarlett Johansson could be a very interesting Audrey, and I'm much more excited for the possibility of her in the movie than Taron Egerton...

Katherine McPhee on Broadway  Feb 23 2020, 06:32:30 PM
I can't say for sure, but what I can say was that her Jenna in Waitress knocked me off my feet and left me wanting more. I've seen nearly all of the US Jennas and her interpretation was by far my favorite. Beautiful subtle acting choices and wonderful vocals...

So, in my opinion she has both the talent and the star quality to star in a new original show. I sincerely hope she gets the chance to do it!

Relatives in Musicals  Feb 23 2020, 04:24:36 PM
Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs in Wicked for a little while. Another Wicked example: Stephanie J Block and Sebastian Arcelus.
Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice  Feb 21 2020, 07:56:32 PM
The part that interests me most is how they'll handle casting someone new. If this is as short notice as it appears, I wish the best of luck to the new cast member who will have literal days to figure out their new role.
Mean Girls Cast Replacements  Feb 13 2020, 08:24:57 PM
Could the reason for asking Jonalyn to do the commercial instead simply be that Laura's costume/wig wasn't ready in time?
Archival videos in TOFT  Feb 8 2020, 07:25:45 AM

After listening to the 1998 UK Cast Recording of the Rocky Horror Show, I'd absolutely kill for a video of Jason Donovan as Frank. He sounds absolutely perfect, as does the rest of the cast...

Also UK and Rocky Horror related: Anything of David Bedella as Hedwig. He was a very interesting and different Frank in Rocky Horror, and I'd love to see/hear anything from his turn as Hedwig.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You