News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for frapp2latte

Member Name: frapp2latte
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Where to sit for Once on This Island
 May 17 2018, 05:40:26 AM

Hope you enjoy the show! We sat in Row C of the even 200's (right in front of where Alex cooks) and had a great view of the show. The actors make their way around the theater so you have plenty of opportunity to stare at their faces, We sure did when Lea was talking to an elderly couple in front of us at the beginning of the show. LOL. OOTI was probably my favorite overall experience among the shows we watched while we were there. 

Lea Salonga will play final performance in ONCE ON THIS ISLAND on June 24!
 May 8 2018, 11:35:33 PM

JudyDenmark said: 
"Does anyone know if she was kidding? I mean... surely whether or not you have the potential to win a Tony is not an actual reason to do a show. I thought that she must have been joking aroundin that statement, but this post-nominations announcement now has me wondering..."

She probably meant it as a joke. I think @dontpugme is right. She's trying to minimize the time she spends away from her country to make time

Movies where you miss the music
 May 8 2018, 01:49:11 AM

Legally Blonde and Waitress! 

Legally Blonde vs Mean Girls
 May 4 2018, 09:21:57 PM

I've seen both (Mean Girls on Broadway, Legally Blonde during a local production in my country and the one shown on MTV) and I agree, Legally Blonde was the better show overall. The score is very catchy and hummable. None of the songs in Mean Girls stuck out to me. The cast for Mean Girls did a great job though! 

Significant Snub of the Year
 May 2 2018, 04:12:10 AM

Kate Rockwell should have gotten a featured actress nomination. Karen stole everyone's thunder every time she's in the scene

Would have wanted to see more acting nods for OOTI, as well -- Kenita Miller, Phillip Boykin, Alex Newell. 

Rant about the 2018 TONY nominations here
 May 1 2018, 11:17:08 PM

I agree with many others here. Kenita Miller should have gotten a nomination. She was amazing! And Phillip Boykin, too. 

Taylor Louderman
 May 1 2018, 10:59:26 PM

Impossible2 said: "I thought her voice was just absolutely incredible, but I didn't rate her at all on her acting chops. Regina's role is kinda trimmed down to nothing and her thunder is completely stolen by Karen.

But then everyone's thunder was stolen by Karen.
"

Karen was the funniest one in the show tbh!  

That said, Taylor was great and definitely commanded people's attention. I think she dese

Revival of currently running musicals/modern musicals
 May 1 2018, 10:45:35 PM

BwayLB said: "Disney should do Brother Bear Tangled Descendants Moana and MuIan"

I actually would want to watch a Mulan or Tangled musical. 

Also, I honestly really enjoyed Legally Blonde. They had catchy songs!  I wouldn't mind watching a revival in the future.

I haven't seen Aida but would want them to do a revival of it. 

Once on this Island - Seating Recommendations?
 Apr 29 2018, 11:19:11 PM

We had seats in the odd 200's (3rd row, in front of where Mama cooks before the show) and had a great view. But I noticed that the cast faced the even 200's side for most of the show so I feel like they got the best view overall.

Once On This Island v. My Fair Lady
 Apr 29 2018, 10:44:24 PM

I have not seen My Fair Lady so I cannot vouch for it but I think it would be better for you to watch Once on This Island now because depending on how it fares at the Tony's it likely won't be around for much longer. Plus I think Lea Salonga will only be around until June. The rest of the cast is fantastic though so you'd be in great hands regardless! It's a beautifully unique and immersive production and the experience won't be the same in a different theater. 

Once on This Island lottery
 Apr 27 2018, 02:00:19 AM

dontpugme said: 
"She came out and signed at the stage door today. Since Easter Bonnet is over, I guess it really was because of the backstage tours."

Oh man, guess I just had bad timing. Would have really loved to meet her. 

Once On This Island stage door?
 Apr 26 2018, 11:41:53 PM

When we watched the show earlier this month we managed to get autographs (and selfies, too!) with everyone except Lea and Hailey. Hailey did come out to say hi and chat with the crowd quickly but said she had to go early so she wouldn't be signing. As for Lea maybe it's because her daughter's in town. Everyone was really genuinely nice though and took the time to talk to the crowd while signing even if it was freezing cold that night! 

Apr 23 2018, 09:52:37 PM

dontpugme said: 
"At the beginning of the run, she would always come out, but she hasn't lately. It's probablybecause she's been doing the backstage tours for BCEFA. That or she would rather not come out and sign while her daughter is in town."

I see. That makes sense. Was happy to have met everyone else though! Really talented cast and everyone seemed genuinely nice. 

Where to sit at Frozen, Mean Girls and Phantom
 Apr 23 2018, 03:36:03 AM

For Mean Girls the tickets we bought were regular price but they're cheaper on Wednesday matinees so we decided to spring for Orchestra Row G center seats. Great decision because we had an amazing view of the show! I definitely wouldn't have enjoyed it as much had I gotten seats farther back. We didn't miss a single thing on stage and at the same time got to see every facial expression on the actors' faces.

We also watched Anastasia on the same NYC trip and got

Apr 23 2018, 03:09:35 AM

Brad4815 said: "Update: went to the evening lottery. Smaller crowd, guessing maybe 30 or so people. Only had standing room tickets available the show was sold out. Alex was out but almost the whole cast minus Lea came out to sign. Hailey is a total sweetheart."

Sorry, this isn't directly related to the thread topic but does Lea ever stage door after a show? I've had the opportunity to catch the show 2 weeks ago and everyone but Lea came out to sign, as well.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You