News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lisatwin-2

Lisatwin-2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Lisatwin-2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Changing seats at intermission
 Sep 30 2008, 12:07:46 AM
I do the opposite at times...I have season tickets to the two main theatres here in Seattle, very close to the stage. If I am not totally "into" the show I will actually move BACK! To the back of the theatre that usually has 10 or more empty rows (not every show has that many)
Then I can get antsy in my seat and have no one behind me that I may be bugging.(And some shows the last rows are not far enough back and I end up leaving!)

re: favorite roger on rent
 May 9 2008, 12:51:53 AM
Adam Pascal
Tim Howar
Dan Rosenbaum

re: Ugh, ruined experience
 Apr 20 2008, 02:20:57 PM
"so I ended up spending the whole time peering to the right and left of him and ended up straining my neck."

Wonder how the person behind YOU felt? I am always stuck behind the head bobbers..right and left and right and left...

re: Adam & Anthony are not letting RENT GO
 Feb 29 2008, 05:56:29 PM
Remember this is what Adam and Anthony do for WORK..this is how they get their paychecks...support their families, pay their bill/taxes...just like the rest of us have to do. THIS IS A JOB.

Someone offers you probably a large amount of cash to go do something you like and can do well, would you turn it down? Doubt it.

re: Student Expeled from art school for quoting Sweeney Todd
 Dec 26 2007, 07:21:46 PM
Back in the stone ages when I was in High School, a guy (a real rocker type), was writing the lyrics to Queens Bohemian Rhapsody on his PeeChee (boy that ages me!)...
Mama,just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger,now hes dead,
Mama,life had just begun,
But now Ive gone and thrown it all away-
Mama ooo,
Didnt mean to make you cry-
If Im not back again this time tomorrow-
Carry on,carry on,as if nothing really matters-

The teache

re: Trying to figure out a movie title
 Oct 25 2007, 11:19:35 AM
Wikipedia has a good synopsis of Arcade...maybe it will ring a bell???
re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
 Aug 28 2007, 06:35:50 PM
Actually I can now see people renting rooms at Hotel 41 just so they can be in the lobby!
 Aug 28 2007, 05:22:13 PM
Bar 41 wont be full of fans, it is closed to the public during these times (on Saturdays it closes at 4 and on Sundays since RENT is dark the abr isnt even open) and the hotel only has about 30 rooms and you are more or less checked when you walk in that you ARE staying there when the bar is closed (there is nothing but a bar and the guest rooms so no need for the public to be inside). The lobby is a tiny maybe 12X15 room and there isnt anywhere for the public to "hang out" when the bar is close
 Aug 28 2007, 02:39:58 AM
My daughter and I were also at RENT Saturday the 25th, we went for the matinee AND the evening performances, row B both times. (we are actually in the background to MotorTink pixs above!)
All I have to say is I have seen probably close to 1,000 musicals in 20+ years (RENT 9 times), and these performances were the cherries on top. Plain and simple, my favorite theater experiance ever.
I think Adam and Anthony were beyond perfect.
We stayed in Hotel 41 right next door to the theater

Aug 23 2007, 10:49:32 AM
I am seeing RENT this Saturday, matinee AND evening performances. Flying in from Seattle with my daughter. After reading last week about Adam being out one night from sickness I was a tad worried it might "go around"...wouldnt that be a bummer?! (I know he wasnt a HIT or even very good in the part but I flew in from Seattle to see Drew Lachey as Mark and he was out that night!)
re: ANY 1:00 Sunday Shows?
 Aug 22 2007, 12:56:34 PM
Mary Poppins, Hairspray, Drowsy, Lion King, Xanadu AND Eurydice do not have anything before 2 or 3pm (most 3pm)
Oh well....like I thought..probably wont happen. I guess a day to shop or go check out my nephews college (Pace)

Aug 22 2007, 11:48:56 AM
Well thanks for that info on Hairspray, that might work.
 Aug 22 2007, 11:34:41 AM
(Corrected my original post with dates) To bad Mary Poppins doesnt start earlier til Sept. 9th...I saw it in London (thought it was "Good") and would like to see it again on Broadway. Oh well....
ANY 1:00 Sunday Shows?
 Aug 22 2007, 11:19:50 AM
I have searched and searched and cant find any Sunday at 1pm shows..does anyone know of one, Broadway or Off Broadway? I have to catch a plane home that day to Seattle BUT I could do a 1:00 show....2:00 show is cutting it close, and a 3:00 show is completely out. Seeing Spring Awakening Friday night (my plane gets in at 5:10 in Newark but we can make it in time) then seeing RENT matinee AND evening performances Saturday. My plane leaves at 6:15 Sunday from Newark again so I am just hoping to get
 Aug 21 2007, 02:07:42 PM
So can anyone answer me this.....
I am staying at Hotel 41 right next door to the Nederlander (it shares the same wall with the theater) We will get there this Friday night ( from Seattle) at about 7 and I am going to see RENT for the matinee and the evening performances on Saturday.
WILL I BE ABLE TO GET INTO MY HOTEL WITH ALL THE STAGE DOORING? We are worried after the performances that we wont we able to even get close to the hotel door! Are people getting there EARLY so that I mig

re: Broadway.com's First Look at YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN
 Aug 16 2007, 12:13:11 PM
I saw this show on Sunday.
The monster's makeup is horrible. Hardly green and looked like it was just smeared on him unevenly.

Rogers hair is actually bigger in the production..and it looks appropriate, could have even been bigger and still worked.(I adored him as Dr. Frankenstein.

SPOILER**************

Suttons knockers are small..small enough where they change the "My, what big knockers you have" line to "My, what nice knockers you have". Her blond hair loo

Quick RENT help please
 May 17 2005, 11:13:27 PM
Nephew writing a paper...needs to know who played Mark's MOM in the national tour of RENT that came to Seattle Last year in August. (with Dan as Roger)
Does ANYONE KNOW???? THANKS!
EDITING MY OWN POST...FOUND MY PLAYBILL! (it was Lindsey Lake)

re: WICKED COMING TO SEATTLE!!!
 Apr 30 2005, 02:39:29 AM
Musicalzebra:
This morning Les Mis WAS listed on the Broadway Across America web site as coming to Seattle May 24th-June 4th 2006....now the web site does not even have it listed! (I had printed out the page) Also this morning when I first went to the web site I could renew my subscription (for 5 tickets), and did so,and also ordered my sister season tickets (Her first time being a season ticket holder)and also bought my subscriber special tickets to Mama Mia...now that part of the web site

re: WICKED COMING TO SEATTLE!!!
 Apr 29 2005, 08:52:52 AM
YEHAW!!!!!!!!! We were just going to buy our tickets for San Fran's Wicked when they went on sale TOMORROW!!!! We are in Seattle and LOVE this season!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dancing with excitement here!
re: the EPITOME of tasteless audiences.....
 Apr 25 2005, 06:54:22 PM
I have season tickets here in Seattle to both "major" theaters. Tomorrow night I see The Graduate and I am DREADING IT....due to the ladies in front of us this whole season are RUDE. There are 7 of them (we have the 5 seats in the row directly behind them) they come tipsey from dinner every time! They are approx. 60 years old, always giggling, talking and whispering into eachother ears during the shows. They sit forward, they move and will lean all the way to the right or left to see something o
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You