News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for a12la

Member Name: a12la
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rights to Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris  Sep 10 2019, 02:43:51 PM
temms said: "The Brel estate has permanently pulled the rights to the show, either version. It was not available for a long stretch before and has reverted back. I don’t understand the reasoning but I presume they make more money off recordings and licensing Brel’s image that the show isn’t worth it. It was always odd - handled by Dramatists instead of a real musical licensing house and the materials were beyond ridiculous in their illegibility.

So sadly we

Rights to Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris  Sep 9 2019, 07:09:57 PM
Does anyone know where the rights to Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris are available for licensing (specifically the 2006 version)? I know that the original version used to be available through Dramatists Play Service until 2017 but they no longer licence the show, and even then, they never licensed the 2006 revised version (but amateur/regional companies, such as Two River Theatre still performed this version, so it had to be available somewhere).

Does anybody have any

How did Phantom lose Best Score??  Jul 31 2019, 05:55:18 PM
Broadway Flash said: "This is ALWs best score"

That's Jesus Christ Superstar.

Moulin Rouge changes for Broadway  Jun 5 2019, 07:47:02 PM
I just want them to make El Tango de Roxanne a duet like it was in the movie. The version in the movie is so grating in the best way possible.
Original stars who could never be replaced  Mar 30 2019, 11:59:39 AM
Apparently Okieriete Onaodowan in Great Comet...

Too soon?

Guess Signature Theater's next season (Virgina)  Mar 29 2019, 02:52:56 PM

brotherhoodofman said: "I'll have to see Hair since it's one of my very favorite musicals. Only saw one show at Signature, Dreamgirls, which was so bad I've never gone to another show there. Do have friends that really enjoy them though so maybe I'll give them another chance."

I didn’t see their production of Dreamgirls so I can’t speak for it but I saw their productions of Cabaret and Passion and they were both Broadway caliber.

Guess Signature Theater's next season (Virgina)  Mar 29 2019, 02:52:55 PM

brotherhoodofman said: "I'll have to see Hair since it's one of my very favorite musicals. Only saw one show at Signature, Dreamgirls, which was so bad I've never gone to another show there. Do have friends that really enjoy them though so maybe I'll give them another chance."

I didn’t see their production of Dreamgirls so I can’t speak for it but I saw their productions of Cabaret and Passion and they were both Broadway caliber.

Shows Without Recordings  Mar 1 2019, 07:57:10 PM

Mister Matt said: "Oh, there are many over the years, but most musicals receive a cast recording. Some I can remember...
Mail
Senator Joe
The Lieutenant
Lestat
Love Life
Happy End
Shelter
Merlin
A Broadway Musical
Carnival in Flanders
Soon
Via Galactica
Lennon
Good Vibrations
Holler If Ya Hear Me
In My Life
Soul Doctor
The Education of H*Y*M*A*N K*A*P*L*A*N
Rachel Lily Rosenbloom, and Don&#

Shows Without Recordings  Mar 1 2019, 05:42:44 PM
Basically. One big show I can think of that didn't was the 2006 revival of Threepenny Opera. Though it wasn't technically original it was a brand new translation. Alan Cumming and Cyndi Lauper starred so it's a shame it was never preserved.
BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Feb 17 2019, 12:04:14 PM
herewegoabc said: "Audio bootlegs on Tumblr will have zero effect on whether this gets a recording.

I'd say the chances of this NOT getting an official Broadway cast recording are slim to none. It will be just as, if not more, marketable than the majority of shows that get recordings.

There are new songs (one of which has already been released in an official capacity), and half of the show (including the lead) are performers who did not appear on

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Feb 15 2019, 10:45:17 AM
ccbway said: "This was an adaptation of a book, which they mostly adhered to. Seems like people complaining about retreading old material should really be a complaining about the source material.

As for the complaint that somehow similar songs being in other musicals somehow makes it invalid also assumes that everyone who watches this musical has seen 13. That seems especially presumptuous not only for the target audience, but really even for other theater

Shows closing this spring opening for fall shows  Feb 6 2019, 12:16:10 AM
Theatrefanboy1 said: "

With some of these shows ( bands visit and Anastasia... it also wouldnt surprise me if kong is gone by summer) announcing closings and a large number of limited run plays it looks like by July many theatres will be open for new tenants. As well as the Lunt. It seems that there is quite a bit of space with unannounced shows.

Ive heard as well that very shortly love never dies will be making announcement and after Anastasia anno

Hair  Feb 5 2019, 02:23:16 AM
sabrelady said: "the nude scene was just the cast stripping off ON STAGE while Claude sang Where DO I GO?."

That's what the nude scene has been in every production of Hair that I've seen, including Broadway. What's wrong with that?

American Beauty as a Play.  Jan 15 2019, 12:40:51 AM
Rob120 said: "standingovation79 said: "people adore Shakespeare plays where characters kill everybody and bake them in pies for their enemies to eat. Art is not about being the morality police. Lester Burnham is a fascinating character. His imperfections are what attracts people."

lets be real here. People love Shakespeare but in the oft produced canon how many Tituss are you actually seeing? Not the play to use as a sticking post.

American Beauty as a Play.  Jan 14 2019, 10:39:52 PM
Kad said: "Im sure Ivo van Hove will have his way with it eventually."

I wouldn't be opposed to that.

American Beauty as a Play.  Jan 14 2019, 05:35:14 PM
I would personally love this. Thora Birch should play Carolyn. She's old enough at this point (she's currently only 4 years younger than Annette Benning in the movie) and God knows she needs the work.
The Lieutenant (1975 Original Broadway Cast Recording) - Thought to be lost  Jan 1 2019, 01:57:13 AM
Niles Silvers said: "There have been digital files floating around for a while, but I've never heard them, so thanks for this bit of theatrical history. Was there two different covers for the 2 LPs because the oneI saw was different."

Nope, both LPs were in one sleeve, with this as the cover. The cover art on castalbums.org (which is basically the only record I can find of this album existing) looks to me like cropped show art (as it doesn't say anyt

The Lieutenant (1975 Original Broadway Cast Recording) - Thought to be lost  Dec 30 2018, 10:24:09 PM
In 1975, Best Musical nominee "The Lieutenant", a rock opera about the trial of Lieutenant William Calley Jr. during the Vietnam War, recorded a cast album, but it was never released to the public, as the show closed after just nine performances and seven previews. However, a few promotional copies of the album on vinyl made it out in to the public and have been passed around collectors and traders for the past 44 years. However, to the best of my knowledge, nothing from this recording had ever been digitized, and as a result, this excellent show has essentially been forgotten.

A few months ago, I stumbled upon a copy of the cast recording on a vinyl collectors site and I decided to buy it (it only cost me $150, which was significantly less than I expected), to preserve it forever. Today, I finally got around to not only ripping the audio from the vinyl, but tracking and cleaning up the audio as well. Here's a link to the album: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z9381RLr8i7SJsb-gPbREJPHLBRPH64B

Also included are the high-quality lossless audio files that I ripped directly from the two LPs. These don't have any of the edits I made to clean up the scratches and pops, and aren't split up by track, but I thought some of you might be interested in them as well.

I hope you all enjoy this bit of Broadway history, that was presumed lost for so many years.

BE MORE CHILL Broadway Cast!  Dec 20 2018, 06:28:01 PM
OhHiii said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "I'm excited for them! But i do wish they replaced a couple people who read as a little younger. As a while, this cast doesn't pass for high schoolers to me unlike Prom or Mean Girls."

In the same vein of You're A Good Man Charlie Brown and Spelling Bee, there are youth-centric shows that deliberately cast people who read as adults as an artistic choice to help make the themes more apparent. In Be More Chill's case,

Selling rare Jesus Christ Superstar book ROCK OPERA  Dec 1 2018, 08:47:05 PM
Sent you a PM!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You