News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WestCoastActor/Director

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
Member Name: WestCoastActor/Director
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Idina Menzel - Skintight at Geffen  Sep 15 2019, 11:58:27 PM
I just purchased a $30 front row side seat. I'm pleased to hear that you can still see everything.
Next for the Longacre!  Aug 12 2019, 01:53:40 PM
With Diana the musical scheduled to open there in the spring it looks like we have the next to shows for the Longacre.
Barbra at The Garden  Aug 3 2019, 12:39:27 AM
When I first realized that my trip to New York to see some Broadway shows coincided with Barbra's concert at medicine Square Garden I looked into tickets. At that time the only available seats where the nose bleed section for an excessive cost so I said forget it. Years ago I thought I would never see her in my lifetime. It's starting in 1994 I saw her many times.

Luckily I checked back and they were all kinds of tickets. I got a floor seat for less than they wanted for those highest

Has anyone recognized actors anywhere but a show?  Jul 27 2019, 02:45:58 AM

I usually know people in several shows on Broadway at any given time and see actors all over.  There was one time where everyone seemed to be on 8th Ave.   Jay Armstrong Johnson, Condola Rashad, George Takei, Matthew James Thomas having tea in a window table at a restaurant.  The sun was bright in my eyes so I had my head down a bit and a massive chest is in my path.  I looked up and it was Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan (and no one seemed to notice them.)

On m

Funniest Onstage Mishaps?  Jul 27 2019, 02:21:53 AM

During the original La Case the set for Albin's dressing room rolls out on the track with George Hearn sitting at his dressing table. At this performance it got stuck halfway out.  George just sat there frozen.  4 or 5 crew members came out and shoved it until it went into place down center.  The lights go up and the music to (A Little More) Mascara starts.  George sings "Once again I'm a little DEPRESSED by the tired old face that I see" lettin

Tootsie- worst musical of the year  May 20 2019, 02:56:45 AM
Enjoyed it immensely. You don't like it that's your privilege but what the hell do we have to talk to you about it for?

Go cry to your mascara runs off your face.

Your First Broadway Show!!!  May 15 2019, 10:54:46 AM
Disciples crucifixion resurrection
Angie Schworer Dances Through Her Broadway Resume  May 6 2019, 07:52:44 PM
I had seen Angie over the years in multiple shows.
When I checked my phone at intermission of The Prom there was a comment from her on my Instagram. Turns out she had gone to undergraduate school with a friend who was in graduate school with me. They were actually sort of chatting to each other on my post about going to The Prom.

I got to talk to her after the show and she's very lovely woman in person as well. What a career she's had and it's so terrific that this role of Angie w

Favourite musical theatre duets?  May 4 2019, 11:26:38 PM
One of my favorite is George and Dot singing Move On from Sunday in the Park with George.
Christine Baranski "Preparing For Another Musical Film"  Apr 25 2019, 01:55:05 AM
I agree about Mame. I adore Christine Baranski. I saw her as Mame in DC as well. Did not like her as Mame but she would have been in an incredible Vera Charles.
2019 Drama Desk Nominations  Apr 25 2019, 01:52:20 AM
Well clearly that wasn't the voter's opinions. Considering the mostly very positive reviews I would hardly call Tootsie a mediocre show. In fact I haven't laughed that much at a Broadway musical in a long time. I'm getting tired of these movie to musical properties I think they made a lot of great creative choices for the stage version. I thought the cast was great as well.

That said I loved The Prom a lot and hope it gets a lot of nominations.

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Mar 14 2019, 01:48:08 AM
I definitely think that Kate Baldwin would be the most excellent choice.
Betty Buckley is out again?  Jan 26 2019, 11:21:51 PM
Betty was out Wednesday night when I went to see the show. I saw all three Dollys on Broadway and really only wanted to see the show again so I could see Betty's turn at the role. I have a ticket to see it at the Pantages next month so maybe I can see Betty then. Ironically Bernadette Peters is appearing in concert next door to Hello, Dolly! tonight.
Does Betty Buckley do Saturday Maitnees  Jan 23 2019, 10:31:40 PM
She's not doing the show tonight in Orange County! Having seen Bette, Donna, and Bernadette on Broadway I wanted to see Betty. I'm seeing Jessica Sheridan instead.
Movie musicals surprised dont have stage addptions  Oct 12 2018, 05:58:06 PM
I was I was totally obsessed with the Apple when it first came out and was hoping there be a stage version. When I finally bought the DVD when it came out I realized it had not aged all that well. Still could be campy fun.
Old Globe San Diego Seating  Oct 10 2018, 03:20:54 AM
I often sit at those seats because of the extremely low price. I've usually found it to be an excellent vantage point. There's no obstructions except for maybe the far end of the front couple rows. Occasionally if the set is especially deep you might miss the far upstage part of it.
New Mary Poppins Returns Trailer!  Sep 18 2018, 02:36:54 AM
Seeing Angela was certainly the most thrilling part of that trailer but I found all of it to be very appealing. I am most definitely looking forward to it.
The Band's Visit Principal Replacements  Sep 18 2018, 02:09:11 AM

John said Friday that he was leaving in October. I don't remember now what date he said.

Marin Mazzie Has Passed Away  Sep 13 2018, 05:17:06 PM
What a beautiful talent she was. I first saw her perform in Passion and she was astonishing. However it was Ragtime that her voice truly transported me. I played Back to Before on the Broadway cast recording again and again and again.
Remembering Robert La Tourneaux, the original Cowboy of 'The Boys in the Band'  Jun 6 2018, 08:07:40 PM

I met Robert in DC when he was making a personal appearance.  He gave me a photo which I hope I still have somewhere.  Very sweet man.  What a tragic end.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You