News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:09am

OH. MY. GOD.

I haven’t been this excited for stunt casting in YEARS. 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#2Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:16am

Well this will finally get me to see it.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#3Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:19am

Sign me up for this asap

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:27am

This is THE star casting CHICAGO has been missing and much needed on Broadway.  Can she sing?  Can she dance?  Melanie Griffith proved successfully (with a rave from New York Times) that Roxie can work without those 2 details as long as there’s a great personality on stage.  Anderson’s charisma and self-deprecating humor exudes and her “it” persona will glow on that stage.  She’s never taken herself seriously. She “gets” her appeal. I was in a Los Angeles restaurant years ago and you felt her presence when she walked in.  

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#5Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:30am

This is inspired. I hope she kills in the role to silence all the haters. Pam has been treated so poorly and traumatized by the press, media and even the public. She deserves a victory lap. She was born to play this part and it can capitalize on all her strengths. She is a whip smart iconic force of nature. 

That Lily James series is hot garbage and so disrespectful to Pamela. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#6Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:31am

I certainly didn’t have this on my 2022 Broadway Bingo Card, but here we are

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Jordan Catalano
#7Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:33am

The Gen X gays will be there in DROVES, supporting her and giving her the love she deserves. I can’t wait to join them - I f’n love this woman!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#8Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:35am

Now if only Sacha Baron Cohen could join in Borat cosplay…

Oh look, a bibu!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#9Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:40am

EDSOSLO858 said: "Now if only Sacha Baron Cohen could join in Borat cosplay…"

What this revival needs is the OTHER silver tongued prince of the courtroom from that movie..........Rudy Giuliani as Billy Flynn!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#10Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:42am

From the article: "One of the planet's biggest celebrities"

Huh?

Jordan Catalano
#11Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:44am

Maybe she just wrote up the press release for them. 

BrodyFosse123
#12Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:46am

That Lily James series is hot garbage and so disrespectful to Pamela.

Its quite obvious you haven’t seen one episode of the series.  Both Tommy and Pamela are respected in the series and are being shown in a beautiful light.  Craig Gillespie, who won acclaim for his Oscar winning film I, TONYA set the similar dark comedy tone to the series but has established a beautiful and respectful representation to both Tommy and Pamela.  Neither one is poked fun at nor ridiculed.  The other characters are the shown in this light to showcase their stupidity.  Pamela’s storyline is also handled with honor and respect as they are directed by female directors, one being Lake Bell.  Gillespie only directed 3 of the 8.  The rest are all female directed.  Initially many assumed it would be a sensationalistic campy bit of garbage television.  It proved otherwise. 

Jordan Catalano
#13Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:49am

Thanks for that, Brody. I’d actually avoided it because I assumed it would be garbage that trashed her. I’ll have to check it out, now. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#14Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:51am

Please, Broadway Gods, do NOT pair her up with Amra Faye-Wright as Velma!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jordan Catalano
#15Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:53am

If the Broadway Gods knew how to do it, they’d pair her with Gina Gershon. 

BrodyFosse123
#16Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:56am

THIS captures exactly what the series is about.  The trailers Hulu released were misleading.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#17Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 12:02pm

It's really unfortunate and problematic that Pam wasn't consulted for the Hulu series, but it's actually very much worth checking out.  Lilly James is ****ing unbelievable.

I said I'd never go back to CHICAGO again, but...here we are.

Updated On: 3/7/22 at 12:02 PM

DivaBrigader Profile Photo
DivaBrigader
#18Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 12:03pm

The Pam & Tommy series was notably made without her permission though - a show based on her violation that is essentially once again violating her. So it will always be controversial for that reason, even though the reviews have been stellar and (as noted above) they are portraying her in a positive light. I do think the revitalized interest in her brought us the Chicago casting though.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#19Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 12:06pm

I AM SO IN!

But also, a bit worried. She's known lately for being a bit non-committal so I do worry that for some reason this will fall through. But I'm also gonna buy tickets anyway!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Elle89
#20Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 12:45pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "That Lily James series is hot garbage and so disrespectful to Pamela.

Its quite obvious you haven’t seen one episode of the series. Both Tommy and Pamela are respected in the series and are being shown in a beautiful light. Craig Gillespie, who won acclaim for his Oscar winning film I, TONYA set the similar dark comedy tone to the series but has established a beautiful and respectful representation to both Tommy and Pamela. Neither one is poked fun at nor ridiculed. The other characters are the shown in this light to showcase their stupidity. Pamela’s storyline is also handled with honor and respect as they are directed by female directors, one being Lake Bell. Gillespie only directed 3 of the 8. The rest are all female directed. Initially many assumed it would be a sensationalistic campy bit of garbage television. It proved otherwise.
"

Pamela has spoken out multiple times about how the series makes her uncomfortable, takes her to a dark place, etc. Not about it being quite obvious if anyone has seen an episode or not. 

https://www.etonline.com/pamela-anderson-finds-pam-tommy-series-very-painful-source-says-178144

One of many articles about it. 

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#21Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 12:54pm

When she did Panto here in the UK she could not sing at all, or dance. I love her, she's an icon but this will be interesting. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

inception Profile Photo
inception
#22Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 1:09pm

I'm only upset that it is only until June, as I won't be traveling to NYC until late July Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

BCfitasafiddle
#23Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 1:21pm

I have to imagine that she's been approached about doing this before. I'm so excited! I've never see Chicago, but this will get me there.

pmensky
#24Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 1:23pm

songanddanceman2 said: "When she did Panto here in the UK she could not sing at all, or dance. I love her, she's an icon but this will be interesting."

HERE she is singing in the pants. She can carry a tune on pitch. That’s enough for Roxy.

pmensky
#25Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 1:25pm

Pants, not pants.

Videos