News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for willheim2

willheim2 Profile Photo
Member Name: willheim2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Uh-OH. Bono disses Spiderman. not good.
 May 21 2011, 12:41:14 PM
I thought Bono was cool. Unpretentious, at ease with an extremely difficult situation, sympathetic to investors and deadlines, forthright about Julie without being catty, humble about wanting to learn, and candid that he felt there were problems as well and didn't disagree with the NYT.

I give him an A+ on this.

Spiderman 2.0
 May 13 2011, 10:21:58 AM
Jordan, I have always found your comments wry and insightful and free from any real malice.
Goodbye, Julie Taymor's SPIDERMAN
 Apr 17 2011, 11:14:59 AM
In future years this will be seen as an epic piece of genius on the scale of stravinski's rite of spring, which was initially met with riots, and now is seen as the seminal piece that ushered in twentieth century composition, which broke the hold of classicism.

One day the incredible depth of Bono and taymor's genius will be studied as that moment in popular culture where a new age of theatrical expression flowered for the first time, only to wilt at first rush from the unrelenting an

What are 5 Cast Recording you should Own?
 Apr 11 2011, 05:59:37 PM
funny girl
oklahoma
south pacific
sound of music
west side story

Spiderman on SNL Tonight
 Apr 3 2011, 11:05:32 AM
sometimes it is inspired! and has launched many a mega star, from belushi, to murphy to fey...and many others! it is like a comfortable favorite sweater that just fits right. i don't watch it all the time, and soetimes it has been dreadful, i admit, but i am just glad it is still there.

even if it is mainly populated by writers from the harvard mafia that are sometimes woefullly out of touch and too smug for their own goood.

2 show stoppages in Spiderman last night.
 Mar 26 2011, 08:02:14 PM
Or, a Spider-Man pinata that swings out over the audience, and everyone gets to swing at it with sticks they are given on the way in. When it splits open, cash falls out and everyone underneath can get into a lather grabbing for the money.

SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
 Mar 23 2011, 03:27:52 PM
that's the scene that stopped the performance I saw as well.
Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN's Arachne, T.V. Carpio, Out for 2-3 Weeks with Whiplash
 Mar 22 2011, 06:26:44 PM
so juicy. it's not about eliminating the character. jmho.
Center Theater Group Goes Bold with BRING IT ON, AMERICAN IDIOT, Broadway-B
 Mar 15 2011, 09:51:05 PM
i think this is outstanding. i subscribe to the opera and la phil, but i will now add ctg, without a question!
SPIDER-MAN...the nail in the coffin? Taymor takes script
 Mar 14 2011, 07:25:11 PM
yeh, i think you aree right, i have been doing contracts for my music scorees for twenty years and they are all the same, whether universal, sony or warner brothers, etc.

i get my share of e performance royalties, but it is a work for hire, they own the copyright, though i am the author of the copyrighted work, they retian the rights and can do what they want with it.

however they use it, i still get my share of the royalties.

Bye Bye, Arachne!
 Mar 14 2011, 12:27:46 AM
i stand by my guess. the exposition laden prologue is a dreadful bore imho and runs on wayyyy to long for a show about sm, and the shoe number obviously goes, the beatuiful tapestry thing stays, nicest part of show visually, and then who knows....
Bye Bye, Arachne!
 Mar 13 2011, 08:35:09 PM
they arent cutting arachne, it say reduced role, probably means cutting down that endless opening dreadfully boring dramatically dull exposition at the top of act one...blowing off the shoe number and thats it....
Kristen Wiig as Julie Taymor on SNL
 Mar 13 2011, 05:47:47 PM
i didnt find it funny, didnt think the impersonation was very good, and didnt think it was very well written.

i found it too soft. too apologetic. didnt go for the jugular enough. not enuf brutal characterisation of the sanctimonious, self importan auteur type of artist.

Spiderman/Julie Taymor Appreciation Thread
 Mar 12 2011, 08:38:57 PM
i just hope like heck she decides to pose nude for playboy. i think that would be so hot. like all gummied up in a spider web or something.
How come Jodi Benson doesn't do any theater work anymore?
 Mar 12 2011, 03:28:36 PM
She might just be busy being a mom, she had a kid awhile back. I worked with her on a bunch of stuff. She and her husband are so amazingly talented and sane. They could sight read stuff off the page and be ready to record in almost real time.
SPIDER-MAN...the nail in the coffin? Taymor takes script
 Mar 12 2011, 03:26:30 PM
This is just so juicy!
(More) Breaking News: SPIDER-MAN to Shut Down April 19 - May 11; Open June 14, 2011
 Mar 12 2011, 08:57:56 AM
excuz typos ipad.....
(More) Breaking News: SPIDER-MAN to Shut Down April 19 - May 11; Open June 14, 2011
 Mar 12 2011, 08:55:03 AM
what is so good is that composrs lyricists book writer and director all get their money on gross proceeds, so Taymoe bono and edge make a lot of money on this every week, not to menrion their no doubt considerable upfront creative fees.

and julie will continue to make that as along as it runs.

not that any of them need the money.

i am just quietly happy tha bja with his little tree piece punk band was able to mount a musical that ran for a year and now goes on to othe

What a CROCK!
 Mar 11 2011, 05:40:58 PM
I think Julie is hot.
Sexism defeats Taymor
 Mar 11 2011, 09:01:18 AM
what a burn.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You